• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lebron goes yet another game without a foul called against him

NJHAWK

everyone in Cleveland has a witness t-shirt because we witnessed him come up from high school, similiar to what atlanta has done with Jeff Francour, except Lebron is a superstar

I lived in Ohio since birth, and still do. The "witness" BS does not come from his days at St. Mary's. It was a marketing move by Nike that started when he came into the league. 99% of those people wearing those shirts in that arena last night probably never saw LeBron play in HS!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived in Ohio since birth, and still do. The "witness" BS does not come from his days at St. Mary's. It was a marketing move by Nike that started when he came into the league. 99% of those people wearing those shirts in that arena last night probably never saw LeBron play in HS!

so buckeye who are your teams?

considering around the cleveland/akron area that had his high school games on pay-per-view i doubt it

and to be honest we have been waiting since 1964 let us have one, lol, we deserve it, I could say im a cowboys, yankee, and lakers fan but I dont I want to know how it feels to have a championship team and know that it really is my team. similar to how you got the 95 world series

Im a Phillies fan so I just went to a parade last Halloween. There should be no letting any team have a title. The Cavs are good enough without Lebron being able to foul and not get called.

so buckeye who are your teams?

Do I really have to answer that?? LOL. I will, and I have been fans of these teams since I started making memories.

Browns, Reds, BlueJackets, anything and everything Buckeye, and of course the Hawks.

Why the Hawks? Growing up, the Hawks were on TBS all the time...I loved basketball. Watched the Hawks religiously. It stuck, heavily.

Do I really have to answer that?? LOL. I will, and I have been fans of these teams since I started making memories.

Browns, Reds, BlueJackets, anything and everything Buckeye, and of course the Hawks.

Why the Hawks? Growing up, the Hawks were on TBS all the time...I loved basketball. Watched the Hawks religiously. It stuck, heavily.

Gotcha, and like ive said I live in Atlanta now, I hope the do well, just not against the Cavs. I am Browns, Cavs, Indians, Notre Dame. Why notre dame Im Irish, and Catholic and in my family we watched ND football on Saturdays.

considering around the cleveland/akron area that had his high school games on pay-per-view i doubt it

So did Columbus and about every other city on Ohio. So everyone is a witness because of television? It was a marketing scheme to make money, after he arrived in the league.

So did Columbus and about every other city on Ohio. So everyone is a witness because of television? It was a marketing scheme to make money, after he arrived in the league.

yes and its a business, its about money if he couldnt make money for nike they wouldnt sponsor him

Gotcha, and like ive said I live in Atlanta now, I hope the do well, just not against the Cavs. I am Browns, Cavs, Indians, Notre Dame. Why notre dame Im Irish, and Catholic and in my family we watched ND football on Saturdays.

and almost forgot Atlanta Old White Rugby, we are in the Sweet 16 for the nation

and I know what you mean about TBS, I grew up watching the braves

I got family in Ohio and I hated going there in the summer because it sucked. I missed out on the 96 Olympics because I had to stay in Ohio eww. Oh yea didn't the Braves beat Cleaveland in the W.S in 95?

I got family in Ohio and I hated going there in the summer because it sucked. I missed out on the 96 Olympics because I had to stay in Ohio eww. Oh yea didn't the Braves beat Cleaveland in the W.S in 95?

yes they did, I was here for the olympics, got to go to a baseball game pretty cool. Ohio isnt all that bad we have cedar point, haha

Honestly I didnt start this thread trying to say the Hawks were the better team last night or that they would have won if the refs were fair. My whole point is that how can Lebron throw guys around and smash into people on defense and offense and not have one foul go against him? We all know about star treatment when they drive to the basket and get to go to the line, I can almost accept that because its been that way forever. Im talking about a guy commiting obvious hard fouls on our players and not getting called for jack, not borderline calls but calls that a grade school ref could make. Then they turned last night game into a friggin shoe commercial with that pair of shoes he was wearing and all those Witness tshirts in the front row. I mean if Stern wants it fixed like the wwf why even watch?

Amen. My problem with the rigged officiating for a LeBron or a Kobe is they don't need it! They're better than everyone else! If you called the games fairly, they'd still be on the elite teams and win much more than they lose. But the NBA stacks the deck. It's why when people tell me they don't watch the NBA anymore because it's fixed, I have no defense for the league.

Amen. My problem with the rigged officiating for a LeBron or a Kobe is they don't need it! They're better than everyone else! If you called the games fairly, they'd still be on the elite teams and win much more than they lose. But the NBA stacks the deck. It's why when people tell me they don't watch the NBA anymore because it's fixed, I have no defense for the league.

That and they stacked the deck against playing defense period.

Amen. My problem with the rigged officiating for a LeBron or a Kobe is they don't need it! They're better than everyone else! If you called the games fairly, they'd still be on the elite teams and win much more than they lose.

EXACTLY! That's the crazy thing: Those two teams are heads and shoulders better than anybody left in the playoffs (well, maybe the Nuggets and the Rockets if they continue to play Kobe like the Bad Boys-era Pistons played Jordan), but the NBA is so scared of losing out on a Lakers-Cavs/Kobe-LeBron Finals matchup that they're seriously going to stack the deck against the rest of the NBA. It's honestly as if this year's playoffs may end up being one big advertisement for the matchup in the Finals. Hell, Vitamin Water is running Kobe vs. LeBron commercials that we will no doubt see a million times when the Finals comes up.

Basically, it's bogus that the NBA is doing this. It's bad that we as fans have come to expect officials to give superstars a little bit of leniency; it's even worse when we as fans know that the officiating WILL be slanted towards the team with the superstar.

EXACTLY! That's the crazy thing: Those two teams are heads and shoulders better than anybody left in the playoffs (well, maybe the Nuggets and the Rockets if they continue to play Kobe like the Bad Boys-era Pistons played Jordan), but the NBA is so scared of losing out on a Lakers-Cavs/Kobe-LeBron Finals matchup that they're seriously going to stack the deck against the rest of the NBA. It's honestly as if this year's playoffs may end up being one big advertisement for the matchup in the Finals. Hell, Vitamin Water is running Kobe vs. LeBron commercials that we will no doubt see a million times when the Finals comes up.

Basically, it's bogus that the NBA is doing this. It's bad that we as fans have come to expect officials to give superstars a little bit of leniency; it's even worse when we as fans know that the officiating WILL be slanted towards the team with the superstar.

I agree totally just like last year when the NBA wanted a lakers-celtics series