• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Manny Ramirez suspened 50 games for steroid use..

Popeye

Great now we got to hear this crap all day on ESPN.

I know right?

Arod and Manny will be all over ESPN these days instead of Nba playoffs... Baseball as whole needs to be banned, who the hell cares for that gay sport anyways?

I know right?

Arod and Manny will be all over ESPN these days instead of Nba playoffs... Baseball as whole needs to be banned, who the hell cares for that gay sport anyways?

Exactly just a bunch of roid heads in baseball you can't trust anybody these days.

Torre moves from A-Roid to Manny-Roid.

I wish they would just test every single player immediatley and see who is who ?

The Braves look pretty clean. Chipper is smaller then ever. As a 38 year old should be who want to keep his range of motion and fluidity.

Frenchy lost some mass, on purpose, to hope it improved his swing....and seems to have worked.

Jordan Schafer (who was supsended last season in the minors for using steroids) is much smaller. His forearms looked like Popey or Jose Canseco last year but now they are back down to normal.

What is it with the latin american players. Do their agents or trainers know how to say " dont take this shyyt" in spanish?

ummm... Clemens, Petite, Bonds, Magwire and more... It' not just latin americans, it's balanced..

ummm... Clemens, Petite, Bonds, Magwire and more... It' not just latin americans, it's balanced..

Ah I dont think so. I bet if you get a list of guys suspended under MLB's congress backed stiffer PED policy there will be a higher % of latin Americans on that list. Hey I could be wrong but I highley doubt it.

Edited by NJHAWK

Ah I dont think so. I bet if you get a list of guys suspended under MLB's congress backed stiffer PED policy there will be a higher % of latin Americans on that list. Hey I could be wrong but I highley doubt it.

Giambi, Gagne, Sheffield...

http://baseball.about.com/od/majorleaguepl...drugplayers.htm

less than 1/4 of the players listed there are Latin. To try to turn this into a national origin/racial thing is ridiculous.

Edited by dlpin

Baseball population:

White Americans - 60%

Latin Americans - 30%

Black Americans - 10%

Nice made up stat.

I don't think its a race issue with PEDs, but it is definitely an availability issue. Where is it easier to get PEDs, USA or Latin American countries? If it is easier to access in one place than another then you would likely see more use in the place with easier access.

Giambi, Gagne, Sheffield...

http://baseball.about.com/od/majorleaguepl...drugplayers.htm

less than 1/4 of the players listed there are Latin. To try to turn this into a national origin/racial thing is ridiculous.

That list has a whole mess of people accused of using. I said a list of folks MLB has suspended since congress muscled them into tougher penalties.

Nevermind I found it. Manny is already on the list, lol. Out of 23 players suspended 15 of them are latin American.

Which says more about the MLB suspension procedure than about Latin American players.

That list contains everyone who was named in the congressional probe, admitted it after the fact, or was implicated in some way, and when you look at the whole list, Latin Americans are less than 1/4.

Are you going to tell me that Manny is worse than Pettite because he was suspended, even though Pettite admitted to the use? Giambi was never suspended, nor was McGwire, Bonds, Clemens, and several others. So if anything, it shows that Latin Americans are suspended more frequently than others even though they don't seem to use it more than others.

Again, to make this into a racial/national origin issue is ridiculous.

• Moderators
Nevermind I found it. Manny is already on the list, lol. Out of 23 players suspended 15 of them are latin American.

Are you counting people like Alex Rodriguez in that number when he was born in New York and went to HS and college in Miami?

I agree that this is not about race but about the laws and culture of other countries. People of all races abuse steroids to cheat the game. Greater access to those drugs in other countries plus lower sophistication for beating the system = higher incident rate of positive tests.

Which says more about the MLB suspension procedure than about Latin American players.

That list contains everyone who was named in the congressional probe, admitted it after the fact, or was implicated in some way, and when you look at the whole list, Latin Americans are less than 1/4.

Are you going to tell me that Manny is worse than Pettite because he was suspended, even though Pettite admitted to the use? Giambi was never suspended, nor was McGwire, Bonds, Clemens, and several others. So if anything, it shows that Latin Americans are suspended more frequently than others even though they don't seem to use it more than others.

Again, to make this into a racial/national origin issue is ridiculous.

Thats not what I said in my original post. My original post suggest that even though these guys know MLB and Congress are on their jocks that these guys still dont get it. Im not saying all players didnt use in the past but the Latin American players are still doing it. They just dont seem to understand that they will get caught.

Are you counting people like Alex Rodriguez in that number when he was born in New York and went to HS and college in Miami?

I agree that this is not about race but about the laws and culture of other countries. People of all races abuse steroids to cheat the game. Greater access to those drugs in other countries plus lower sophistication for beating the system = higher incident rate of positive tests.

NO Arod is not on the suspended list.

And I was looking at the list of suspended players and the only way to get to that number is to add hispanic players born in the US to the other Latin American players. Sergio Mitre and Jorge Piedra, for example, are born and raised in California.

In any case, being caught is no indication of continued use. More Americans, even proportionally, have been caught doping in the Olympics than East Germans, but that doesn't mean Americans used more PED than East Germans, who had a state sponsored lab for PEDs.