• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woodson's job security: Would four blowout Hawks losses bring pink slip?

HAWKS1986

I thought Woody may have been safe, but if the Hawks get blown up and out by the Cavs in from our Atlanta fans, whatever safety net Woody thought he may have built may be compromised.

These Cavs blowouts are absolutely embarrassing!

Woody may use the injury excuse, but the Hawks were already getting blown out last year on the road, and the few first games against Miami.

There is something internally wrong with the mental makeup of this team and coaching plays a part of it as well.

Some may be against Nique being brought in as a head coach, but he would be the safest pick, an in-house pick and provide a different voice.

Remove Nique from the commentating booth, but do not make him the coach . . . heat check!

Nique has had several years to evaluate the Hawks personnel, and if he feels he can contribute and lead this team, why not?

Isiah Thomas was successful at Indiana in his first coaching stint.

Larry Bird, of all people, coach well during his first stint.

Byron Scott was a surprise to me when he helped lead New Jersey to back to back Finals appearances.

Nique would make Woody look like Popovich.

Nique might be able attract great assistants... Vinny del Negro have former head coaches as assistants in Chicago so if Nique has a chance construct his own staff and bring in his players, he can surprise people...

They achieved their goals this year:

-they got the #4 spot to host a playoff series

-they improved on their record

-they got out of the first round

We are SUPPOSED to lose to the Cav's. The staff will not penalize Woody for 4 blowouts.

Unfortunately winning the Miami series bought Woody at least another year.

They achieved their goals this year:

-they got the #4 spot to host a playoff series

-they improved on their record

-they got out of the first round

We are SUPPOSED to lose to the Cav's. The staff will not penalize Woody for 4 blowouts.

Unfortunately winning the Miami series bought Woody at least another year.

We were supposed to lose..as you say.. Chicago was suppose to lose to Boston, but they were FAR MORE COMPETITIVE AND CONSISTENT, and we saw legitimate growth from their young, individual players (i.e Rose, Gordon, Noah, etc..) (something you can build on)...

Chicago showed great character on the road, even though they lost...Atlanta's embarrassing string of road losses spanning two consecutive years is problematic.

I thought Woody may have been safe, but if the Hawks get blown up and out by the Cavs in from our Atlanta fans, whatever safety net Woody thought he may have built may be compromised.

These Cavs blowouts are absolutely embarrassing!

Woody may use the injury excuse, but the Hawks were already getting blown out last year on the road, and the few first games against Miami.

There is something internally wrong with the mental makeup of this team and coaching plays a part of it as well.

Some may be against Nique being brought in as a head coach, but he would be the safest pick, an in-house pick and provide a different voice.

Nique?? Have you hear that guy broadcasting?

He was surely one of these guys that got by on mainly athletic ability.

HEAT CHECK! HEAT CHECK!

"He shot his wad"

We were supposed to lose..as you say.. Chicago was suppose to lose to Boston, but they were FAR MORE COMPETITIVE AND CONSISTENT, and we saw legitimate growth from their young, individual players (i.e Rose, Gordon, Noah, etc..) (something you can build on)...

Chicago showed great character on the road, even though they lost...Atlanta's embarrassing string of road losses spanning two consecutive years is problematic.

I don't know if Chicago is a good a barometer to compare our team. They spent their entire year playing and developing their young guys not really expecting to make the playoffs, they were taking on a weaker Boston team than we faced and more importanly their core outside of Rose and Noah all had previous playoff experience either with the team or elsewhere. Part of that core (Hinrich, Gordon, Deng) were once even considered to carry that team to the top of the conference and a finals berth, something our team has never been considered for. The road losses are troubling but we can't ignore the advancements the team has made especially since we did basically return the same team and coaching staff from last year. We were going through a transition period with our new GM considering this team was successful last year so he wasn't going to come in and blow the thing up, but now after full season and post-season of evaluation I have FULL confidence many of our issues will be addressed for the next season.

Nique?? Have you hear that guy broadcasting?

He was surely one of these guys that got by on mainly athletic ability.

HEAT CHECK! HEAT CHECK!

"He shot his wad"

We shouldn't underestimate Nique's (intelligence/drive to succeed) because of the way he speaks or uses slang.

I didn't think Avery Johnson would be a good coach (at first), and when he spoke he sounded like Mickey Mouse, but he turned to be a very solid coach...

I thought Larry Bird wouldn't get along with no one and couldn't relate, but he was successful..

As Nique would say: "You can't judge a book by its cover"...

• Premium Member

If the Sund makes his decision based on our team accomplishments this year than there is no way in heck that Woodson will get fired. Every blowout loss in this series will be justified due to injuries. We couldn't compete last year, when we were 100%, against the Celtics on the road either (the series everyone is proud of) and now with Joe Johnson out it is justifiable that we will get blown out the next two games. personally, I really believe we won't even get blown out and might win one of the next two, in which case the results would have been more or less what were expected of us coming into the series.

If Sund makes his decision based on the quality of Woodson's caoching well then he will get fired immediately. At least I'd like to think so. I don't know how any person who has ever watched a game of basketball can watch one of our games and not feel how ridiculously poor we are coached. Our players look absolutely LOST 90% of the time. It is crazy. Every commentator/analyst that is forced to watch our games brings it up. What's funny is that this has been happening for five years, I mean, if your players can't understand what they are supposed to be doing after FIVE, (FIVE!!!!!!!!!!) years than they are all mental retards... I mean, complete nonfunctional retards. The truth is there isn't, and there has never been, any real plan about what to do offensively. I'm not just talking about in the halfcourt, we have no idea about when to run or not either. Even when we are playing well we play a pick-up type of game. What's funny is that as bad as his gameplanning is, Woodson has got to be even a worse motivator. His monotonous drawl is enough to make the happiest man in the world slit his own wrists.

• Moderators
If the Sund makes his decision based on our team accomplishments this year than there is no way in heck that Woodson will get fired. Every blowout loss in this series will be justified due to injuries. We couldn't compete last year, when we were 100%, against the Celtics on the road either (the series everyone is proud of) and now with Joe Johnson out it is justifiable that we will get blown out the next two games. personally, I really believe we won't even get blown out and might win one of the next two, in which case the results would have been more or less what were expected of us coming into the series.

If Sund makes his decision based on the quality of Woodson's caoching well then he will get fired immediately. At least I'd like to think so. I don't know how any person who has ever watched a game of basketball can watch one of our games and not feel how ridiculously poor we are coached. Our players look absolutely LOST 90% of the time. It is crazy. Every commentator/analyst that is forced to watch our games brings it up. What's funny is that this has been happening for five years, I mean, if your players can't understand what they are supposed to be doing after FIVE, (FIVE!!!!!!!!!!) years than they are all mental retards... I mean, complete nonfunctional retards. The truth is there isn't, and there has never been, any real plan about what to do offensively. I'm not just talking about in the halfcourt, we have no idea about when to run or not either. Even when we are playing well we play a pick-up type of game. What's funny is that as bad as his gameplanning is, Woodson has got to be even a worse motivator. His monotonous drawl is enough to make the happiest man in the world slit his own wrists.

Agree with everything except Woodson being a worse motivator than a gameplanner. He isn't a great motivator but he hasn't lost the team, which is actually impressive to me given the lows we have endured the last few years and the obvious schematic shortcomings.

Agree with everything except Woodson being a worse motivator than a gameplanner. He isn't a great motivator but he hasn't lost the team, which is actually impressive to me given the lows we have endured the last few years and the obvious schematic shortcomings.

I want to believe this, but after reading quotes from the players the last few days...I dunno.

the problem with all this is all these injuries..... Sund will think it's "not fair" to evaluate Woody's playoff performances because we have been so decimated with injuries.

then again.......IF we get blown out at home 2 in a row, Woody might be in trouble.