• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woodson's job security: Would four blowout Hawks losses bring pink slip?

HAWKS1986

the problem with all this is all these injuries..... Sund will think it's "not fair" to evaluate Woody's playoff performances because we have been so decimated with injuries.

then again.......IF we get blown out at home 2 in a row, Woody might be in trouble.

I doubt it. The fact this is the NBA's best team, and having the MVP. The Cavs blew through Detroit, doing the same to us. Frankly, I don't see Boston or Orlando slowing the LeBron train. Cleveland is going to sail to the Finals.

The only people who are calling for Woody's head are the die hard fans, us, and people close to the organization who sees this team play consistently. Outsiders, which is everyone else, will evaluate the entire body of work. Which we all know, the steadily improving record every year, getting to the playoffs, the Celts scare, getting past Miami...all these things are feathers in Woody's cap. Hell, in Mark Bradley's blog, he states that the only way Woodson WONT be back is if another team steals him away from us. He wrote "trust me, it could happen. Woody is well respected around the league."

Wow.

We have one (soft) very good player and 7 good players.

It is not the recipe for a team to contend.

You guys believe our talent is better than it is.

Woody has really coached this team up.

When the team does what Woody has taught, we win.

The team is immature and soft with average talent.

Every team has average talent.

You cannot win without the horses, period.

We have one (soft) very good player and 7 good players.

It is not the recipe for a team to contend.

You guys believe our talent is better than it is.

Woody has really coached this team up.

When the team does what Woody has taught, we win.

The team is immature and soft with average talent.

Every team has average talent.

You cannot win without the horses, period.

The Hawks have do a better job evaluating young talent.

• Premium Member
We were supposed to lose..as you say.. Chicago was suppose to lose to Boston, but they were FAR MORE COMPETITIVE AND CONSISTENT, and we saw legitimate growth from their young, individual players (i.e Rose, Gordon, Noah, etc..) (something you can build on)...

Chicago showed great character on the road, even though they lost...Atlanta's embarrassing string of road losses spanning two consecutive years is problematic.

i heard woody had a $12 mil buyout.

• Moderators
If its true, I hope it is a serious option for management to consider..

9-0 is jerking your chain. Woodson's total contract is much less than 12M. Why would there be a buyout worth roughly 10x the total value of the remaining money due under his K? A buyout is either equal to the total value of the contract or less.