• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is this the worst case scenerio

Diesel

• Premium Member

We hold our homecourt the way we did against Boston?

Would that be the worst case scenerio.

If that happened, then it wouldn't be thought of as problems with our offense, it would be thought of as "we can't win on the road". It wouldn't be thought of as a coaching problem, it would be thought of as a maturity problem.

Is there anybody out there that feels like I do...

Torn.

I want us to exact some revenge on the arrogant Cavs and their media whores...

but at the same time,

Want us to get to a place where our ownership sees a need to address some of our problems?

Speak up if you feel this way!

We hold our homecourt the way we did against Boston?

Would that be the worst case scenerio.

If that happened, then it wouldn't be thought of as problems with our offense, it would be thought of as "we can't win on the road". It wouldn't be thought of as a coaching problem, it would be thought of as a maturity problem.

Is there anybody out there that feels like I do...

Torn.

I want us to exact some revenge on the arrogant Cavs and their media whores...

but at the same time,

Want us to get to a place where our ownership sees a need to address some of our problems?

Speak up if you feel this way!

I do! Many people wish we wouldn't have made the playoffs at all! The thinking there would be changes would be made as a result, more specifically Woody gone.

As a fan, I can't think that way. I'm happy we're in the playoffs, despite all that's going wrong right now. I'm hoping we finish this year we a couple, or more, better showings vs. the Cavs...then go from there.

• Premium Member
I do! Many people wish we wouldn't have made the playoffs at all! The thinking there would be changes would be made as a result, more specifically Woody gone.

As a fan, I can't think that way. I'm happy we're in the playoffs, despite all that's going wrong right now. I'm hoping we finish this year we a couple, or more, better showings vs. the Cavs...then go from there.

I don't want just a better showing.

I want to punish the Cavs. I want 3 20 point blowouts in Atlanta. I want them going into game 7 worried. I want their confidence shook in games 5 and 7. I would love it if we dominate games 3 and 4 and in game 5, they barely squeak. Maybe even controversy... and in game 6, we dominate again. I want to put the breaks on the Lebron to the finals train right here.

BUT....

I don't want Woody getting credit!!!

I want to punish the Cavs. I want 3 20 point blowouts in Atlanta. I want them going into game 7 worried. I want their confidence shook in games 5 and 7. I would love it if we dominate games 3 and 4 and in game 5, they barely squeak. Maybe even controversy... and in game 6, we dominate again. I want to put the breaks on the Lebron to the finals train right here.

BUT....

That's tough. We pull that off....I would be ecstatic!

BUT, if that scenario did happen, I imagine Woody would receive most of the credit. Torn is correct.

Im with both of you guys. I mean its a blessing to be able to watch your team this far into the season. And being with the Hawks since day one, this is a rare occasion. I see all the problems with players and coaching but what's the point in complaining so much if you cant make a difference, hell i wish i could suit up and go out there and drop 30 or come up with the offensive sets they need, but Im just a fan that will ride with them until the wheels fall. But as a fan, all i would like to see now is some heart, some balls, i mean, lets make it ugly if we have to. Let me see a Smoove dunk on Lebron that even the Cav groupies couldn't deny. Play with some pride, were all men, regardless of what pedestal the league wants to put certain players on, a hard foul still hurts.

BUT....

I think the sad truth of the Hawks is its a combination of not the right players and coaching. The ESPN broadcasters even said the Hawks need another star player that Horford is a role player. Of course Woody is going to blame it on injuries the losses but ever notice how he always seems to say the right stuff after the fact? I mean come on the guy has coached this team for way to long and shouldn't he be correcting the problems in practice? If he were in a city like Boston he would be gone a long time ago.

Seems like woody has a lifetime contract and I am sick of his unaccountability. The other problem is where is the leadership on the court. Bibby isn't taking any and he is supposed to be the the leader.He hasn't shown up yet,JJ isn't playing like a man making a kings ransome, Marvin is never there when counted on and its a team with alot of role players. It will be interesting to see how the team responds at home. If their blown out all the more reason to fire Woody and find some new pieces for the team.

I was looking at the upcoming free agents and saw Jason Kidd and Andre Miller are free agents. I realize their not the long term future but for a few years would do this team a world of good with their steady leadership.Can the Hawks bring in one of the top free agents in the Lebron class in a few years? This team needs another star player if it ever wants to compete for a title. I don't see the current group getting much better.Basketball IQ has always seemed to lack for the Hawks they need better players.I like JJ but his play this series when its time to step up leaves something to be desired.

If Woody points to the 4th best record in the conference I could easily say it was a weak conference. I think the Hawks won in a weak conference thus making them look better than they are. Sund has major decisons i n the off season.The Hawks are not one piece away they need another star player and more size up front not to mention more of a leader at point guard.Playing the better teams you realize how far you have to go to be a title contender and the Cavs are not going away for a long time in the future.

• Premium Member
I think the sad truth of the Hawks is its a combination of not the right players and coaching. The ESPN broadcasters even said the Hawks need another star player that Horford is a role player. Of course Woody is going to blame it on injuries the losses but ever notice how he always seems to say the right stuff after the fact? I mean come on the guy has coached this team for way to long and shouldn't he be correcting the problems in practice? If he were in a city like Boston he would be gone a long time ago.

Seems like woody has a lifetime contract and I am sick of his unaccountability. The other problem is where is the leadership on the court. Bibby isn't taking any and he is supposed to be the the leader.He hasn't shown up yet,JJ isn't playing like a man making a kings ransome, Marvin is never there when counted on and its a team with alot of role players. It will be interesting to see how the team responds at home. If their blown out all the more reason to fire Woody and find some new pieces for the team.

I was looking at the upcoming free agents and saw Jason Kidd and Andre Miller are free agents. I realize their not the long term future but for a few years would do this team a world of good with their steady leadership.Can the Hawks bring in one of the top free agents in the Lebron class in a few years? This team needs another star player if it ever wants to compete for a title. I don't see the current group getting much better.Basketball IQ has always seemed to lack for the Hawks they need better players.I like JJ but his play this series when its time to step up leaves something to be desired.

If Woody points to the 4th best record in the conference I could easily say it was a weak conference. I think the Hawks won in a weak conference thus making them look better than they are. Sund has major decisons i n the off season.The Hawks are not one piece away they need another star player and more size up front not to mention more of a leader at point guard.Playing the better teams you realize how far you have to go to be a title contender and the Cavs are not going away for a long time in the future.

Unfortunately, the weak conference argument is negated by the fact that Boston, Cleveland, and Orlando all exist in this conference. Moreover, the west is having a pretty down year.

The other thing is we're in the 2nd round. By that, we have become one of the 8 best teams playing.

I think what ASG has to see is that Woody can carry us no farther. He may be a genuis when it comes to defense, but our offense sucks and he had 82 games and didn't develop any of our young players. Acie Law alone is a travesty.

• Moderators

I am not at all torn about what I want to happen the rest of t he series - I want to see the Hawks win every game.

I do not mind Woody getting credit where credit is due either. If he does something to help us win with 3 hobbled starters then kudos for him.

A 5-10 game stretch, however, is not the window for evaluating him. We have 5 years to look at Woodson as a coach and at least 93 games in the 2008-09 season alone.

However, I hope management looks at where 5 years of coaching this team has gotten our offense (no where) and our defense (significiant progress but some obvious exploits of our switching D that have in explicably gone unaddressed) and conclude that the team will be best served by either (a) upgrading the coach or (b) paying a premium for an offensive coordinator with real chops to come onto the staff.

The status quo would be disheartening but expected.

BUT....

i know it won't happen with our depleted roster, but i would want nothing more than to blow out the cavs at home. there is no "but" about it. i want them to do the best they possibly can. if the best they can do is blow out the cavs at home and suck air on the road then that's what i want. give credit to woody where it's due, but also hold it against him for what he has been unable to do. let the team do their best and try to fix the real problems and not wish for them to tank to fix things that might be the problem. if woody and the hawks stop the cavs on the way to the finals, then give the man and team credit. after what they're going through, they would deserve it. i don't care who gets credit for what, i just want them to show up and play, see everything that they've got, and fix what needs to really be fixed. if they suck, and nothing gets done, then it's on the owners/sund's heads.

• Premium Member

3 things I would do:

#1 - Fire Woody

#2 - Let Bibby Walk

#3 - Get Ron Artest

I would seriously play Artest at the 1. He's a better defender, ball handler, and he can hit open 3's.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
Ok Billy Knight!

billy Knight would never sign Artest