• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

IF LEBRON MAKES IT THROUGH GAME 3 WITHOUT SOMETHING BROKEN

NJHAWK

• Moderators
I obviously didnt watch any Cav games this year except Hawks Cavs games. I want to know how Lebron is on the all nba defensive team when he doesnt even guard a man and just roams? I know he fouls alot and gets away with it creating steals and fast breaks for the Cavs but does he ever actually guard anybody? The only time I seen him stop a Hawk was him playing help d usually with a blatant hard foul that doesnt get called. He has gotten 1 foul clalled against him and he cried about it. He prolly said to the ref that he will call Stern if it happens again, lol.

I don't watch him all the time but have seen him defend well against Kobe earlier in the year. Lebron's defensive numbers are outstanding as well.

The All-NBA Defensive team this year was suspect as a whole, though.

Patrick:

(1) You yourself admit that Lebron gets unfair superstar calls like Jordan, Wade, etc. What you fail to realize or are deliberately ignoring is that these are per se unfair and there is no way to "earn" them. Biased refereeing is just that - biased. Anyone who complains about the calls given to Jordan, Wade, Lebron, etc. has a totally legitimate gripe. The refs need to call the game based on what players do - not who they are.

(2) The refereeing is just piling onto an outmatched Hawks' team on the road. Cleveland doesn't need those calls to win Game 1 or 2. The calls in my mind are not an excuse at all for those losses. Without the team's starting center and small forward healthy, the Hawks have zero chance on the road. Even with those guys healthy, the Hawks are not very good on the road and could get blown out. They likely are down 0-2 with a healthy team. Given the regular season, however, they are also likely a lot more competitive.

(3) The reason that Horford, Marvin and JJ are hurt have nothing to do with "taking care of business" in the first round. Give me a break. Marvin was injured for weeks before the playoffs and he had more than a month's worth of rest. Horford has been injured for nearly all the playoffs. Had the Hawks won against the Heat more quickly guess how much more rest time that would have gotten him? NONE. The series would just have started earlier against the Cavs. JJ will likely be injured for the rest of the playoffs. This is what you call bad luck given their history of injuries (or lack thereof). If Lebron twists his ankle in Game 3 and Ilgauskas breaks his foot it won't be because the Cavs failed to play well. It will be because they were unlucky enough to get injured at the exact wrong time of year.

(4) Will it impact the Hawks to be missing their only All-Star and 3 of 5 starters on a team that lacks depth? Umm....yes. Can you blame Hawks management for not developing extra depth? Of course, but it is too late to do anything about it now. Have fun circulating around all the Hawks boards bashing their fans for wishing the team was healthy but that is a natural response to missing guys like Joe Johnson, Al Horford and Marvin Williams when playing a superior team.

(5) People here are venting. They are watching their team get embarrassed and it is natural to complain about things when that happens. It is natural to wish the team wasn't playing short-handed. It is natural to complain about refereeing so biased that the national commentators describe it and posters from a Cavs board come and admit it. This is not a Cavs board. Feel free to voice your opinion, but pouring salt into people's wounds seems to be all that you are adding to the discussion.

Now this right here is a classy and meaningful post. I was gonna respond with venom but this is the truth and legitimate assessment IMO. I mean, I don't think LeBron is a dirty player or a taunting player...he just enjoys the game and has fun playing it. With that said, why even go for the block on Smoove in a blowout. It was a foul and was not called. That taints the game. It was gonna be a blowout win anyway but why taint the game.

Patrick:

Yes, the Cavs won both games - - Easily. They needed no help from the officiating.

Yes, as I stated earlier, The King is great. Probably the greatest NBA player on

any current team. Hawks fans all know how great he is.

Now, you say he is supposed to get all the calls because he is, like Ali, The Greatest.

Why? Would you feel threatened as a Cavs fan if the rules were enforced correctly

and the obvious fouls called against His Highness?

Hawk fans here aren't complaining about the losses. They would have happened

WITHOUT any help. Sure, fouls are missed against any team. Refs are human.

But, when one player is singled out and obvious fouls are not called, it becomes apparent

that something is wrong.

If the Cavs win the championship without help from the officials, then you can have

pride in your team and what they have done. But, when the games become close

and the results are determined by the officiating and not the players, that is an

entirely different story.

:nono: