• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woodson MIC'd

gsuteke

"Let me tell you the difference between what they're doing and what we're doing. They're driving the ball and we're shooting jumpshots. The referees are not going to give you the calls shooting jump shots. We have to get to the free throw line. We have to drive the basketball."

He knows what's going on. They just don't listen to him.

In 10 minutes they've scored 4 points.

"Let me tell you the difference between what they're doing and what we're doing. They're driving the ball and we're shooting jumpshots. The referees are not going to give you the calls shooting jump shots. We have to get to the free throw line. We have to drive the basketball."

And then out of that timeout Bibby comes out and jacks a contested jump shot

• Premium Member

Hubie has agreed with Woodson about everytime they play a quote.

Bottom line, when LeBron is hitting that three-point shot, you're screwed. I'm not happy with it, but at least they were beaten by an MVP-type performance tonight.

We are just not in the same league with these guys. They are very good and I'm sick and tired of watching Lebron make EVERY single friggin contested/low percentage shot he throws up there. The bottom line is that we have a ways to go to compete for a title...the Cavs could win it all this year. That doesn't excuse our terrible shooting though, and major changes need to be made to change the makeup of this team. Unfortunately, Sund will live with the status quo and we likely will not improve much next year.

Hubie has agreed with Woodson about everytime they play a quote.

Bottom line, when LeBron is hitting that three-point shot, you're screwed. I'm not happy with it, but at least they were beaten by an MVP-type performance tonight.

The difference is one team sucks and the other doesn't. That's the difference.

And then out of that timeout Bibby comes out and jacks a contested jump shot

exactly what I was thinking. They must drown him out on the sidelines because they always do the opposite of what he says.

The point I was attempting to make is yes, as I've already said a coaching change is in order.

However, it may not be that simple. These guys seem to lack the ability to follow simple directions.

I was thinking the same however I still say that the Hawks have a low basketball IQ has a team you need smarter and more consistent players. You give Lebron his 40 pts but play solid defense on the others. How many times did we see no contest in the middle on shots and just simple wide open shots missed?

Edited by thescout5

Hey guys, kind of offtopic here but word is(from Lang Whitaker via Twitter) that Billy Knight was in the building as was Pete Babcock and they watched the game in the suite with Rick Sund. What is that all about I wonder? Hopefully Billy Knight was pointing out all the flaws on Mike Woodson's coaching to Rick Sund.

Hey guys, kind of offtopic here but word is(from Lang Whitaker via Twitter) that Billy Knight was in the building as was Pete Babcock and they watched the game in the suite with Rick Sund. What is that all about I wonder? Hopefully Billy Knight was pointing out all the flaws on Mike Woodson's coaching to Rick Sund.

That is either a lie or the most unlikely thing I've ever read in my life.

Interesting if true. But like gsu said very unlikely. But Lang knows his stuff.

The point I was attempting to make is yes, as I've already said a coaching change is in order.

However, it may not be that simple. These guys seem to lack the ability to follow simple directions.

Good point gsuteke...but is it the lack of ability to follow directions or poor directions in the first place? Plus - how about the strength of the coach/management/ownership. Most think that "these guys are millionaires" so they can simply tune out the coach. But in reality the coaches and management can have huge impacts on their careers and earnings. Minutes matter....and some coaches can actually motivate.

The vast majority of players will fall in line if effectively led. There will be the occasional problem player.

Key with the Hawks is that we have a well below average coach and have players drafted by a well below average GM. We got lucky with Smoove as our second 1st rounder in a strong draft - and we are damn lucky that JS has developed over the years from a raw athlete to a guy who actually can score inside without dunking. Anybody who wants to pee on Smoove should look at the tapes three years ago when he really looked foolish.

I think our team has basically been like the movie "Stripes" where they say at graduation "Did you fellas train yourselves?" and the reply was "that's the fact Jack!"

BK put us behind a serious 8-ball with his lack of ability to evalaute talent - Woody has done his best I suppose - but Woody's best isn't all that good compared to other NBA coaches. Woody should be fired...not because he hasn't tried hard - but because he just isn't up to the level of a decent NBA head coach. BK - on the other hand - should be tarred and feathered if he ever sets foot in Atlanta again. He passed on CP3 when we needed a PG - He took Shelden at the #5 spot - he never got us a center when we had draft picks....and he totally d!cked up the JJ deal...giving away the farm for a great SG who isn't - nor will he ever be - a true superstar.

This is exactly what I expected when talking to my old boss (a BB fan). He agreed 100%. It's easy to break a franchise down (13 wins)....a lot harder to make it very good.

P.S. - If we hadn't picked our home town player (JS) with our second 1st round pick (probably an afterthought by BK to sell a few tickets) - we would be Clipper-esque and waiting for the lottery. JMHO.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Teke, the fan base just wants to believe that Woody is totally clueless to what is going on. That man knows the game of basketball. It's just that this team isn't used to driving to the hole, because most of our players are soft.

SportSouth should start mic'ing Woody during regular season games, to see what he talks about during the season.

I only want a coaching change for a PROVEN better coach. You DAMN SURE don't make a change, just to be making it.

I don't want to end up like we have here in football at the U. of Tennessee . . when Phil Fulmer is fired, because the program have slipped . . and we go out and hire Lane Kiffin, who has been a COMPLETE DISASTER since he's come here, with all of the dumb comments and actions.

If that coach is Avery Johnson, or someone of his caliber . . then yeah, make the change.

If it's some assistant coach from another team . . HELL NO.

If it's some coach who failed miserably somewhere else . . HELL NO.

If its a college coach . . . HELL NO.

I mean, really? Would anybody on this site be happy if Woody is fired, and we go out and hired

- P.J. Carlisemo

- Kurt Rambis

- Eddie Jordan

Would people REALLY be happy and estatic if Bernie Bickerstaff was the next coach of the Atlanta Hawks?

Really?

People toss around the names like Hubie Brown, and Avery, and Mike Fratello, like Hawks management would be willing to pay either of those guys top dollar. Not one of those guys have even been rumored to say . . yeah . . I want to coach the Hawks.

Teke, the fan base just wants to believe that Woody is totally clueless to what is going on. That man knows the game of basketball. It's just that this team isn't used to driving to the hole, because most of our players are soft.

SportSouth should start mic'ing Woody during regular season games, to see what he talks about during the season.

I only want a coaching change for a PROVEN better coach. You DAMN SURE don't make a change, just to be making it.

I don't want to end up like we have here in football at the U. of Tennessee . . when Phil Fulmer is fired, because the program have slipped . . and we go out and hire Lane Kiffin, who has been a COMPLETE DISASTER since he's come here, with all of the dumb comments and actions.

If that coach is Avery Johnson, or someone of his caliber . . then yeah, make the change.

If it's some assistant coach from another team . . HELL NO.

If it's some coach who failed miserably somewhere else . . HELL NO.

If its a college coach . . . HELL NO.

I mean, really? Would anybody on this site be happy if Woody is fired, and we go out and hired

- P.J. Carlisemo

- Kurt Rambis

- Eddie Jordan

Would people REALLY be happy and estatic if Bernie Bickerstaff was the next coach of the Atlanta Hawks?

Really?

People toss around the names like Hubie Brown, and Avery, and Mike Fratello, like Hawks management would be willing to pay either of those guys top dollar. Not one of those guys have even been rumored to say . . yeah . . I want to coach the Hawks.

Sure you right. but I do like Bernie. Avery did nothing in Dallas that was done before he got there. In fact Avery allowed the team tp slip, with much much talent.

It's not Woody, it's the players.