• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Atlanta's youth movement needs re-evaluation, bold changes

HAWKS1986

If Woody stays, the Hawks need players who are confident, have a superior offensive skillset and can lead by example.... maybe Ty Lawson, maybe Tyreke Evans, maybe Jonny Flynn....or add someone through free agency like a Ben Gordon.

Um all guys coming out are confident. Acie was had everything you described and had better college careers than most if not all of those guys and was like an assassin out there and look at him now? Woody won't even let him touch the floor,and when he does he doesn't let him touch the ball. Unless any of these guys can shoot like Bibby than they won't be much better either,and Acie was a great shooter in college himself. Just get rid of woodson and all this is solved.

Edited by Cwell

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um all guys coming out are confident. Acie was had everything you described and had better college careers than most if not all of those guys and was like an assassin out there and look at him now? Woody won't even let him touch the floor,and when he does he doesn't let him touch the ball. Unless any of these guys can shoot like Bibby than they won't be much better either,and Acie was a great shooter in college himself. Just get rid of woodson and all this is solved.

I think Woodson should definitely be fired. The hallmark of a great coach is being able to develop YOUNG PLAYERS. And Woody has failed in that aspect.

Would Tony Parker, Rondo, Paul, Deron, Rose and others be sitting on the bench and in Woody's doghouse? Most likely.

Woody has taken this team as far as it is going to go...we need a new voice..

However, it Woody stays, then management needs to find a even more NBA-ready player from the draft or try to trade for established players that fits his system..

I think Woodson should definitely be fired. The hallmark of a great coach is being able to develop YOUNG PLAYERS. And Woody has failed in that aspect.

Would Tony Parker, Rondo, Paul, Deron, Rose and others be sitting on the bench and in Woody's doghouse? Most likely.

Woody has taken this team as far as it is going to go...we need a new voice..

However, it Woody stays, then management needs to find a even more NBA-ready player from the draft or try to trade for established players that fits his system..

and name a PG that is more NBA ready than Acie was coming out?

These threads are hilarious.

Hilarious is not really the word; I was thinking something along the lines of...sad.

Everyone needs to calm down and let it sink in that the Cavs are just better than us, and there's nothing Woody, the refs or any of the players can do about that.

There are a thousand ideas to go about figuring out where to go from here but for now, we need to first realize that its been a good season for us (most 'experts' had us missing the playoffs). If you had to lay out a timeline, I think most reasonable fans would say we are right on course with the result this year.

Now we just have to wait and see how Sund plays it. I will say that I think a coaching change would be a good look just to cycle out some of the stale air around here, but as I have stated before, I don't see the ASG paying a coach to sit at home.

In other news, Dallas got robbed with that no-call yesterday, and are down 0-3 to Denver.

I blame Marvin.

Marvin will never reach his full potential with the Atlanta Hawks. He is one of the most mediocre, inconsistent small forwards in the league.

An upgrade is necessary via the draft or free agency.

and name a PG that is more NBA ready than Acie was coming out?

When I say NBA ready, I mean someone who can come in right way and make immediate contributions as a rookie.

When I say NBA ready, I mean someone who can adjust to speed of the NBA, has the talent to compete on a nightly basis and has the mental capacity to lead at all times (confidence, understanding of the game) ...

Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Dwayne Wade and Rajon Rondo (add in Aaron Brooks or Jameer Nelson or Baron Davis or Nate Robinson) ..they were all NBA ready players. There weren't All-Stars immediately, but they had a inner confidence, knowledge of the game and physical skills to have an immediate impact...and they made their teammates better and was the coach on the floor... Acie, unfortunately never took ownership of this Hawks' team from the beginning. Woodson may have felt pressure about his own job security, but he just didn't trust Acie enough and Acie didn't trust himself, so this is when Acie got in Woodson's doghouse.

In today's Class of 2009, I see Jonny Flynn, Eric Maynor, Tyreke Evans and Ty Lawson having the qualities needed to have an immediate impact.

When I say NBA ready, I mean someone who can come in right way and make immediate contributions as a rookie.

When I say NBA ready, I mean someone who can adjust to speed of the NBA, has the talent to compete on a nightly basis and has the mental capacity to lead at all times (confidence, understanding of the game) ...

Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Dwayne Wade and Rajon Rondo (add in Aaron Brooks or Jameer Nelson or Baron Davis or Nate Robinson) ..they were all NBA ready players. There weren't All-Stars immediately, but they had a inner confidence, knowledge of the game and physical skills to have an immediate impact...and they made their teammates better and was the coach on the floor... Acie, unfortunately never took ownership of this Hawks' team from the beginning. Woodson may have felt pressure about his own job security, but he just didn't trust Acie enough and Acie didn't trust himself, so this is when Acie got in Woodson's doghouse.

In today's Class of 2009, I see Jonny Flynn, Eric Maynor, Tyreke Evans and Ty Lawson having the qualities needed to have an immediate impact.

lol, that last statement is hilarious, Flynn is a tweener who would have trouble adjusting to the NBA level, Maynor is nice but not in our system and with the set of players we have. Maynor also is 3 years from having a great impact. Lawson is a up-tempo PG, we are not a up-tempo team so X that. Tyreke Evans at this point is closer to John Salmons then Penny Hardaway. He made a major mistake by coming out early.

Rondo wasn't NBA ready when he came in, he stuggle badly. It really help when they added Allen and KG with Cassell backing him up which made his progression faster then expected. It took Jameer 3 years as well. Brooks is in a system where his responsibities are reasonable and Nate is not a real PG. Acie as prospect is on the same level with all the guys you listed above for the 2009 draft. He is just the wrong fit and is still adjusting to a coach who feels like his job is on the line. Therefore, he has no real time to develop.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

it's funny how all your posts are complete BS. That makes no sense. When Acie first got here everywhere that watched our games raved about how much Acie played like a vet. He always knew exactly what to do with the ball and never looked like a rook. Then the season starts and he's sharing time with old garbage career backups. Then after he gets hurt by having a dumb 7 footer fall directly on his ankle he barely played for the rest of the season. He played even less this year. He's shown flashes of being the future PG and he still gets pulled and doesn't get rewarded with minutes the next game. just stop it. You're completely lost if u think Acie just decided he couldn't play anymore and that anybody that would be drafted is better and would immediately become an impact player under Woody.

Woody doesn't let the PG run the offense or have the ball in his hands much to run things so all those guys would look bad here too,especially Ty Lawson. Not ONE of those guys are more ready than Acie coming out and has more NBA ready qualities. Since when weren't being able to defend your position consistently,having very good size for your position,being able to get anywhere u want on the court,drive past anyone,and having a deadly jumper (in college anyway before Woody got ahold of him),as well as having ice in his veins at crunch time not NBA qualities?

Edited by Cwell

Until the team fell completely apart in the 4th, I thought Joe did a much better job on Lebron than Mo. I wish we could have had a healthy Marvin to throw at him as well.

Marvin this series is losing himself FA money every game.

I was at the game last night, and I completely agree with you. JJ was excellent on Lebron, even when Lebron was STILL making tough shot after tough shot. JJ was definitely up to the challenge of guarding him.

LOL . . it's amazing that people make a thread about Marvin, when the guy is OBVIOUSLY hurting. It's just too bad that this team isn't at full strength. But I forgot, we can't blame the injuries.

it's funny how all your posts are complete BS. That makes no sense. When Acie first got here everywhere that watched our games raved about how much Acie played like a vet. He always knew exactly what to do with the ball and never looked like a rook. Then the season starts and he's sharing time with old garbage career backups. Then after he gets hurt by having a dumb 7 footer fall directly on his ankle he barely played for the rest of the season. He played even less this year. He's shown flashes of being the future PG and he still gets pulled and doesn't get rewarded with minutes the next game. just stop it. You're completely lost if u think Acie just decided he couldn't play anymore and that anybody that would be drafted is better and would immediately become an impact player under Woody.

Woody doesn't let the PG run the offense or have the ball in his hands much to run things so all those guys would look bad here too,especially Ty Lawson. Not ONE of those guys are more ready than Acie coming out and has more NBA ready qualities. Since when weren't being able to defend your position consistently,having very good size for your position,being able to get anywhere u want on the court,drive past anyone,and having a deadly jumper (in college anyway before Woody got ahold of him),as well as having ice in his veins at crunch time not NBA qualities?

I agree that Woodson is a difficult coach to play for (especially if you are a rookie guard). Acie deserves time to grow as a player, but Woodson was more concerned about his job than developing Acie. That's unfortunate.

On a side note, second-year player Aaron Brooks scored 34 points against the Lakers to help tie the playoff series at two games apiece.

I was at the game last night, and I completely agree with you. JJ was excellent on Lebron, even when Lebron was STILL making tough shot after tough shot. JJ was definitely up to the challenge of guarding him.

LOL . . it's amazing that people make a thread about Marvin, when the guy is OBVIOUSLY hurting. It's just too bad that this team isn't at full strength. But I forgot, we can't blame the injuries.

It's not all about Marvin exclusively, but Marvin supporters always have a ready-made excuse. "Oh, he is still young" or he is only in his second year or he had to recover from injuries. It's been four years, it's time for ACCOUNTABILITY.

Let Marvin be somebody's else PROJECT. It's time to upgrade the small forward position.

It's not all about Marvin exclusively, but Marvin supporters always have a ready-made excuse. "Oh, he is still young" or he is only in his second year or he had to recover from injuries. It's been four years, it's time for ACCOUNTABILITY.

Let Marvin be somebody's else PROJECT. It's time to upgrade the small forward position.

Well . . somebody will putt an offer sheet on the table for Marvin this summer, you can believe that. And it'll probably be a team like Detroit or Toronto.

Then everybody will be crying about how weak we are at SF.

"Atlanta's youth movement needs re-evaluation, bold changes, Marvin will never fulfill his potential as a Hawk..trade him"

Oh I'm just sure they would be lining up with offers if we said we were willing to trade Marvin :rolleyes:

Hey - teams screw up - they thought Smoove would be a bust and Marvin would be "Worthy with a jumper"....wrong....Marvin's the bust. It would be akin to trying to sell a low mileage Lexus with a bad transmission and engine problems.....no team is that dumb.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Well . . somebody will putt an offer sheet on the table for Marvin this summer, you can believe that. And it'll probably be a team like Detroit or Toronto.

Then everybody will be crying about how weak we are at SF.

Some people were saying how lost we would be without Josh Childress...

Nobody has really missed Chillz, and other NBA teams weren't knocking down doors to acquire him and that's why he went to Europe.

Same thing about Marvin. He will receive very few offers, and I hope GM Sund just let him go...

Edited by HAWKS1986

"Atlanta's youth movement needs re-evaluation, bold changes, Marvin will never fulfill his potential as a Hawk..trade him"

Oh I'm just sure they would be lining up with offers if we said we were willing to trade Marvin :rolleyes:

Hey - teams screw up - they thought Smoove would be a bust and Marvin would be "Worthy with a jumper"....wrong....Marvin's the bust. It would be akin to trying to sell a low mileage Lexus with a bad transmission and engine problems.....no team is that dumb.

Maybe Marvin for a second-rounder, at least... LOL..main thing is to move him and find a real small forward.