• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Atlanta's youth movement needs re-evaluation, bold changes

HAWKS1986

• Moderators
Maybe Marvin for a second-rounder, at least... LOL..main thing is to move him and find a real small forward.

Invest more of our limited draft capital into the SF position?

I'll take my shots at PG and C with my limited capital and continue to develop Chillz or Marvin.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
I think Woodson should definitely be fired. The hallmark of a great coach is being able to develop YOUNG PLAYERS. And Woody has failed in that aspect.

While I agree with you that Woody should be fired... I can't let you pull this Utopian belief out and pass it as truth.

The Hallmark of a great coach has nothing to do with player development.

In 1 swoop, you have disrespected many of the better coaches of the game and has elevated many of the dogs.

Phil Jackson. 9 championship rings. Has not developed one star player.

Pat Riley. At least 4 championships rings. Has not developed one star player.

on the other side of the fence...

you have

Rick Adleman. Great developer... but has no rings.

Nate McMillan. Very good developer... no rings.

While Woody is one dimensional in his coaching, let's not make up new obstacles. I would love to see Wood develop some players, but I would also say that those coaches who we consider "great" doesn't develop players either.

While I agree with you that Woody should be fired... I can't let you pull this Utopian belief out and pass it as truth.

The Hallmark of a great coach has nothing to do with player development.

In 1 swoop, you have disrespected many of the better coaches of the game and has elevated many of the dogs.

Phil Jackson. 9 championship rings. Has not developed one star player.

Pat Riley. At least 4 championships rings. Has not developed one star player.

on the other side of the fence...

you have

Rick Adleman. Great developer... but has no rings.

Nate McMillan. Very good developer... no rings.

While Woody is one dimensional in his coaching, let's not make up new obstacles. I would love to see Wood develop some players, but I would also say that those coaches who we consider "great" doesn't develop players either.

I see your point Diesel, and you provided good examples. However, Adelman had been close with Portland and Sacramento. With Pat Riley, James Worthy and Bryon Scott were star players and were developed during Riley's tenure (after Westhead).

Invest more of our limited draft capital into the SF position?

I'll take my shots at PG and C with my limited capital and continue to develop Chillz or Marvin.

We have no legitimate small forward. It should be a priority during the offseason.

The developing stage is over for Marvin. His career as a Hawk should be over. He had his chance.

I do agree a PG is definitely needed.

• Moderators
We have no legitimate small forward. It should be a priority during the offseason.

The developing stage is over for Marvin. His career as a Hawk should be over. He had his chance.

I do agree a PG is definitely needed.

Statistically, Marvin was an above average SF this year. He would have just finished his rookie season if he had stayed in school. Sign him for a reasonable price, IMO.