• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If we were to get a new coach....

Diesel

If we were to get a new coach.  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

I'm not an Eddie Jordan fan. They had a lot of talent and still never had any great seasons. Plus I remember how much Wizard fans hated him even when they were having successful seasons.

I'm an Avery fan. He's a hard *ss and wouldn't put up with this teams' sulking and quitter attitude when they face adversity. He wouldn't put up with Smith taking jumpshots. We need someone like that.

I think Fratello would be good for that too, though. And I wouldn't mind Van Gundy.

Tubby is a much better coach than Woodson, but I don't know that he is a good match for our personnel for what he likes to run offensively. Personality-wise, I don't see Tubby ever making the leap.

I think the Flex is perfect for our current roster. It's made for a team without a dominant big man. And it also relieves pressure from having to over handle the ball like Joe does.

• Premium Member
I voted Jordan as the best compromise. I like Avery, but I strongly suspect there would be bad chemistry between him and our players, and our management would not support him over the players.

It makes me wonder. You hear so much of how Woodson is a players coach but is hard on the players. However, i have to wonder, just how much of a hard-*ss is Woody? I don't think much. I get the feeling that our players just run over him. I envision practices with pick up games and about 15 minutes of coaching.

I liked Avery because he is a strong discipline guy.

I failed to put genius with Xs and Os like Hubie and Del Harris on my list simply because of their age.

I think our owners would choose Fratello over the players. If Fratello is in the market, if he showed any interest in this ballclub, he should speak up and be reasonable and maybe we could work out deal.

First thing he would have to do is show how he would trap the pick and roll. From there, I think he has the job.

Uhm... Did you watch Caron Butler at Miami? Lakers?

How about Jamison in Dallas?

I think coaching had a lot to do with how they played?

Jordan's problems in Washington started and ended with Injuries.

45 win season:

Arenas 80 games.

Jamison 68 games.

Heywood 68 games.

Hughes 61 games.

Next season:

Arenas 80 games.

Jamison 82 games.

Butler 75 games.

Heywood 79 games.

Next Season:

Arenas 74 games

Jamison 70 games

Butler 63 games.

Heywood 77 games

Next season:

Arenas 13 games

Jamison 79 games

Butler 58 games

Heywood 80 games

Now... replace these names with our big four.

Replace Arenas with Joe

Replace Jamison with Smoove.

Replace Butler with Marvin

And Heywood with Horf.

What would our records be?

Could we muster 45, 42, 41, and 43 wins (respectively) like Jordan did?

Arenas misses 69 games and they win 43 on the season?

Butler has yet to play a full season.

Uhm, talking about the Wizards' injuries...Atlanta won 47 games this season.

Al Horford: 67 games

Josh Smith: 69 games

Marvin Williams: 61 games.

Atlanta had injuries as well, but still had a very good year. Everyone has injuries, so it's not like Jordan is a miracle worker. Jordan is, IMO, an average coach at best.

That said, I think an average coach is a solid upgrade for this Hawks team. Someone who has a plan, offensively, and has an idea of how to make it work. I feel like the Hawks haven't actually been listening to their coach for a long time, so a new voice is needed.