• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC: Bibby wants to stay in Atlanta

coachx

I'm an UFA. I have absolutely no problem getting in the lane or creating my own shot. I can lead the break. HS members have been wanting me for 3-4 years.

I don't know if I would say he can lead the break. If you really want to give it away there is one word you have to say. "I am supposed to be the franchise player and we talking about..."

If Bibby WANTS to be in Atlanta then maybe we can resign him for a reasonable contract. Two or three years at 5 to 6 mill per would not be bad for what Bibby brings.

If Bibby leaves for a small contract we know Sund trumphed Woody.

With all the talk of Bibby talking smack to Woody. It appears Bibby "loves" Woody.

10 years ago=Sign him up!

Now=Not so much

Bibby might not get the chance to start in other places. He would have to accept a pretty small contract. His efforts against Boston last year and Cleveland this year were awful. He is no longer a reliable starter in the league.

I'll only keep Bibby for a small contract with at most 3 years. His defense is just too much of a liability to give him any more.

I'd honestly rather give Acie a chance, make a trade for another PG, or draft one in the first round and try to get the spot taken care of. I would love to trade up in the draft to get Jonny Flynn, the guy's going to be a beast.

I just feel like if we resign Bibby we aren't giving ourselves much room for improvement and are essentially locking ourselves into mediocrity.

• Premium Member
injury prone.. but fast.

Could mentor Acie.

Howver, he can't shoot.

Agreed, but you don't get both a penetrator and a shooter. You get one or the other. Unless you have Chauncey Billups, of course.

I knew Bibby wasn't a leader in the Chauncey Billups mold when all that "Team Dime" garbage came out.

Bibby has never passed the sniff test.

What, in 98? Bibby has been rolling with TEAM DIME forever. That's his crew. Maybe that's a bad look for a 30-something, but it's pretty common around the league.

Edited by jhay610

• Premium Member
You really don't know the answer?

There is only one answer and it is the ANSWER. Iverson still has "it" and can still penetrate and dish. He doesn't quit in pressure situations and he's alway been automatic offense. He'd fit beside JJ perfectly and would give him the help he really needs. Too bad we'd be making this deal 3 years too late, much like our trade for Bibby.

This has been talked about regarding the Falcons and how they chose to let Brooking go and Lawyer. He is at a point in his career where he could be signed and lay a big goose egg.

I also think the economy will not be in his favor to get a big contract.

There is only one answer and it is the ANSWER. Iverson still has "it" and can still penetrate and dish. He doesn't quit in pressure situations and he's alway been automatic offense. He'd fit beside JJ perfectly and would give him the help he really needs. Too bad we'd be making this deal 3 years too late, much like our trade for Bibby.

You said it - not me.

That's the last guy I'd want Sund to bring in but you'd be doing a straight swap between him and Bibby. It's the one deal out there where you don't have to give up one of your young pieces and Sund could probably get it to fit under the cap minus Bibby's 15 million.

Allen Iverson to Atlanta.............. that is the funniest thing i have heard on this blog site. What a waste that would be. We dont need a ball hog whom is way past his prime, Bibby may not be here next year for good reasons, but for christ sake telling me that AI is whom we need is one of the dumbest things I have heard in a while.

You said it - not me.

That's the last guy I'd want Sund to bring in but you'd be doing a straight swap between him and Bibby. It's the one deal out there where you don't have to give up one of your young pieces and Sund could probably get it to fit under the cap minus Bibby's 15 million.

and we cry about Smith's shot selection.

You want to bring the king of bad shot selection here to be our "PG" after failing in both Denver and Detroit ?

That would be a great influence on Josh Smith's shot selection.

Of course Woody would be happy. We only have 2 plays:

Iso A.I.

Iso J.J.

Wioth Smoove hacking up shots every time he gets the ball (since he would barely ever touch it)

Could make for the ugliest basketball in the history of the NBA and would hinder any offensive development of our young front court nucleus.

Edited by coachx

Allen Iverson to Atlanta.............. that is the funniest thing i have heard on this blog site. What a waste that would be. We dont need a ball hog whom is way past his prime, Bibby may not be here next year for good reasons, but for christ sake telling me that AI is whom we need is one of the dumbest things I have heard in a while.

AgendaMan - we're having a basketball discussion here.

Player A - jumpshooter

Player B - penetrator

Which Player do the Hawks need as currently constructed?

You said it - not me.

• Premium Member
Agreed, but you don't get both a penetrator and a shooter. You get one or the other. Unless you have Chauncey Billups, of course.

Well, I got a name for you.

Penetrator and SHooter....

Thought abou this today actually....

Aaron Brooks!

What could we do to get that duck?

Well, I got a name for you.

Penetrator and SHooter....

Thought abou this today actually....

Aaron Brooks!

What could we do to get that duck?

He's under contract for 3 more years so Sund would have to ask Houston the answer to that ?

Other options than Bibby:

1. Chris Paul- Will never get him.

2. Deron Williams- I doubt it. Too big of a contract.

3. Tony Parker- Spurs won't trade him.

4. Chauncey Billups- Denver won't trade him.

5. Steve Nash- We could make a deal for him. Kerr is a dumb*** anyway. Nash would love to play here too with the athleticism and the shooters.

6. Devin Harris- New Jersey won't trade him.

7. Rajon Rondo- Boston won't trade him.

8. Derrick Rose- Chicago won't trade him.

9. Jameer Nelson- Orlando won't trade him.

10. Andre Miller- I don't think they would trade their only distributor.

11. Baron Davis- The Clippers will trade him but I wouldn't want him.

12. Gilbert Arenas- Wizards will try to make noise with him next season.

13. Mo Williams- Cavs won't trade him.

14. Jason Kidd- Free agent this summer. Dallas already has Terry. Sign him?

15. Jose Calderon- Toronto won't trade him.

16. Raymond Felton- He's a free Agent and Charlotte has DJ Augustin. Sign him?

So looking at this list, here are our options.

1. Let Bibby go and Trade for Steve Nash. He doesn't play defense(well he tries?) but he is still one of the best playmakers in the league and one of the best shooting point guards in the league. Can you imagine us in the break with Nash? WOW.

2. Trade for Baron Davis. I don't think it's a good idea. He's more of a scorer than a playmaker. If you think Bibby chucks shots, you will HATE Baron.

3. Sign Jason Kidd. He is nowhere near the shooter of Bibby but we do need a playmaker. He's way past his prime though. I wouldn't want him.

4. Sign Raymond Felton. He's young, he can score, and he can distribute. Why not?

If we can't accomplish any of this options, sign Bibby. Also, I would fire Woodson. Can you imagine Nash or Kidd playing under a coach like Woodson?

Other options than Bibby:

1. Chris Paul- Will never get him.

2. Deron Williams- I doubt it. Too big of a contract.

3. Tony Parker- Spurs won't trade him.

4. Chauncey Billups- Denver won't trade him.

5. Steve Nash- We could make a deal for him. Kerr is a dumb*** anyway. Nash would love to play here too with the athleticism and the shooters.

6. Devin Harris- New Jersey won't trade him.

7. Rajon Rondo- Boston won't trade him.

8. Derrick Rose- Chicago won't trade him.

9. Jameer Nelson- Orlando won't trade him.

10. Andre Miller- I don't think they would trade their only distributor.

11. Baron Davis- The Clippers will trade him but I wouldn't want him.

12. Gilbert Arenas- Wizards will try to make noise with him next season.

13. Mo Williams- Cavs won't trade him.

14. Jason Kidd- Free agent this summer. Dallas already has Terry. Sign him?

15. Jose Calderon- Toronto won't trade him.

16. Raymond Felton- He's a free Agent and Charlotte has DJ Augustin. Sign him?

So looking at this list, here are our options.

1. Let Bibby go and Trade for Steve Nash. He doesn't play defense(well he tries?) but he is still one of the best playmakers in the league and one of the best shooting point guards in the league. Can you imagine us in the break with Nash? WOW.

2. Trade for Baron Davis. I don't think it's a good idea. He's more of a scorer than a playmaker. If you think Bibby chucks shots, you will HATE Baron.

3. Sign Jason Kidd. He is nowhere near the shooter of Bibby but we do need a playmaker. He's way past his prime though. I wouldn't want him.

4. Sign Raymond Felton. He's young, he can score, and he can distribute. Why not?

If we can't accomplish any of this options, sign Bibby. Also, I would fire Woodson. Can you imagine Nash or Kidd playing under a coach like Woodson?

Andre Miller is a free agent this year. Jason Kidd is actually a better 3 point shooter than Bibby this year (Kidd shooting 41% compared to Bibby's 39%) He's not past his prime he still will give you nearly a triple double and 2 steals a game (I'm not sure how much more you want?) I rather sign Kidd than trade for Nash. Kidd would be the perfect mentor for Law or the point guard we may draft.

Edited by GameTime