• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Glenn Fat Baby Davis assaults 12 year old boy

NJHAWK

If I was that kids dad I would most certainly file a nice lawsuit vs Davis, the Celtics and David Sterns league. The again I would sue Lebron for throwing powder at me before the game if I was there, lol.

If I was that kids dad I would most certainly file a nice lawsuit vs Davis, the Celtics and David Sterns league. The again I would sue Lebron for throwing powder at me before the game if I was there, lol.

Huh? What he do to this kid?

Some of the magic fans at the game posted that the kid was heckling fat boy Davis about his weight during the game. Maybe Davis did it on purpose because it sure looks like he went out of his way to reach back and shove the kid. Thats assault on a minor no matter what the kid said.

assault? the kid's hat fell. Had the 6'8, 300lb Davis really pushed the kid, the kid would have been sent flying, as opposed to taking half a step forward.

The dad is just trying to promote his business. Did you see the original story on the orlando sentinel? "I used to be a celtics fan, but I moved here to orlando to open the new branch of my store, store so-and-so in that neighborhood..."

assault? the kid's hat fell. Had the 6'8, 300lb Davis really pushed the kid, the kid would have been sent flying, as opposed to taking half a step forward.

The dad is just trying to promote his business. Did you see the original story on the orlando sentinel? "I used to be a celtics fan, but I moved here to orlando to open the new branch of my store, store so-and-so in that neighborhood..."

Any kind of push is an assault. If you so much as point your finger and poke somebody in the chest with it, that can be considered assault. lol Dont get me wrong Im not standing on a soapbox here I just think its funny. However he is a Celtic so I hope he catches all the hell possible for this and I do think it could have been done on purpose.

Any kind of push is an assault. If you so much as point your finger and poke somebody in the chest with it, that can be considered assault. lol Dont get me wrong Im not standing on a soapbox here I just think its funny. However he is a Celtic so I hope he catches all the hell possible for this and I do think it could have been done on purpose.

Pointing one's finger or poking is only assault if there is actual or implied threat of violence. I.e., assault only exists when either bodily injury was caused, or the person had the intent of causing it.

And no, he did not go out of his way to nudge the kid aside. If you watch the video, he turns around, almost hits the ref, goes somewhat into the sideline to avoid hitting the ref, nudges the kid (who was about a foot and a half from the sideline) aside and runs to his bench.

This would never be an issue if the douchebag dad wasn't trying to promote his business. I mean, when he contacted the media to talk about this (and he contacted the media, not the other way around) why in the world would he have to mention how he was opening a new branch of his business, and even give the neighborhood it is going to be in?

The kid was on the court anyways.... He should stay off the court and shut the hell up...

Exactamundo. Lord knows that I try to take every potshot that I can at the Celtics (such as KG STILL talking junk from the sidelines...my god, what a douche.), but Big Baby didn't do anything that should warrant a lawsuit. Like someone said, if someone the size of Baby really pushed someone the size of that kid, that kid would've been pushed all the way BACK to Boston. This is basically the dad trying to get attention.

• Moderators
I.e., assault only exists when either bodily injury was caused, or the person had the intent of causing it.

It is a lesser standard than that. Typically along the lines of two elements:

* An act intended to cause an apprehension of harmful or offensive contact.

* An act that causes apprehension in the victim that harmful or offensive contact is imminent.

It can also simply be an offensive touching rather than bodily injury. For example, grabbing someone in the crotch or causing someone to believe you are going to touch them there can be enough even if there is no real possibility of physical injury.