• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is he a top 10 power forward in the league?

Kimsey

I think he cracks the bottom ten.

1. KG - 33

2. Bosh - 25

3. Pau Gasol - 28

4. Stoudemire - 26

5. Dirk Notwitzki - 31

6. Al jefferson - 24

7. Boozer - 27

8. Elton Brand - 30

? David West - 28

? J. Smith - 23

? Aldridge - 23

? Z. Randolph - 27

1. KG - 33

2. Bosh - 25

3. Pau Gasol - 28

4. Stoudemire - 26

5. Dirk Notwitzki - 31

6. Al jefferson - 24

7. Boozer - 27

8. Elton Brand - 30

? David West - 28

? J. Smith - 23

? Aldridge - 23

? Z. Randolph - 27

I think he is definitely top 12...maybe not top 10 yet. David West has to be in the top 10. I think Aldbridge and Zach Randolph are better. Josh Smith has the most potential but he isnt consistent enough as these other guys. He may be better than Elton Brand and Boozer..those guys arent looking so good with their injuries. Rasheed Wallace is getting old but he is up there too..as well as David Lee and Jamison. this league has some good PFs. And did you forget Duncan or do you count him as a Center??

I think you have to remember who these guys play with and exactly who they are. Guys like Duncan, Garnett, and Gasol are really centers. They are physically better equipped than Smith. Then you take some of the guys who are in more of Smith's class and they have a legit center they play with. Of the guys left, Brand, and Randolph. He is clearly better than them.

He is top 10 PF, but like shooting guard position there is a MAJOR gap between top 5 and top 10.

1. KG - 33

2. Bosh - 25

3. Pau Gasol - 28

4. Stoudemire - 26

5. Dirk Notwitzki - 31

6. Al jefferson - 24

7. Boozer - 27

8. Elton Brand - 30

? David West - 28

? J. Smith - 23

? Aldridge - 23

? Z. Randolph - 27

1. KG-beast

2. Dirk-beast but is JJ elite. The ability is there but where is that "it" factor

3. Bosh-too much of a finesse player with elite potential, but needs to get stronger and add more fundamentals to his game.

4. Gasol- Highly skilled, but highly soft and that hurts him in the playoffs.

5. Amare- lost serveral steps after the injury, never been the same since.

Gap

Gap

6. Boozer- He is an All Star level player, but is not elite nor will he ever be.

7. Jefferson- Great offensive talent but terrible defender. He has elite potential

Gap

Gap

Gap

8. Aldridge- versatile but what is he great at. Good fit for PTL system around Roy.

9. Smith-All World talent, Elementary brain. Welcome to the world of Josh Smith.

10. David West- if you take away CP3, he's not in the top 15 but he's still a solid starter.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

1. KG-beast

2. Dirk-beast but is JJ elite. The ability is there but where is that "it" factor

3. Bosh-too much of a finesse player with elite potential, but needs to get stronger and add more fundamentals to his game.

4. Gasol- Highly skilled, but highly soft and that hurts him in the playoffs.

5. Amare- lost serveral steps after the injury, never been the same since.

Gap

Gap

6. Boozer- He is an All Star level player, but is not elite nor will he ever be.

7. Jefferson- Great offensive talent but terrible defender. He has elite potential

Gap

Gap

Gap

8. Aldridge- versatile but what is he great at. Good fit for PTL system around Roy.

9. Smith-All World talent, Elementary brain. Welcome to the world of Josh Smith.

10. David West- if you take away CP3, he's not in the top 15 but he's still a solid starter.

Smith is probably top 10 or 12 but even if he is what does that say about the Hawks? You need at least one superstar and a very good support cast or a team like the Pistons a few yrs ago to win championships. A top 10-12 power forward isn't going to get the job done. Also I don't believe Smith will be that much better has a pro in the next coming years. You need physical skills but also a great basketball IQ to be a great player.I don't see that improvement even to think Smith is going to be a top 10 player in the league no matter the position.

Edited by thescout5

I think he is definitely top 12...maybe not top 10 yet. David West has to be in the top 10. I think Aldbridge and Zach Randolph are better. Josh Smith has the most potential but he isnt consistent enough as these other guys. He may be better than Elton Brand and Boozer..those guys arent looking so good with their injuries. Rasheed Wallace is getting old but he is up there too..as well as David Lee and Jamison. this league has some good PFs. And did you forget Duncan or do you count him as a Center??

Smith - 35 min./15.3 fga pg 18.6/7.7/1.8

Aldridge - 37 min./15.3 fga pg 18.1/7.5/1

Smith - 35 min./17 fga pg 20.6/7.5/1.5

Randolph - 35min./17 fga pg 20.8/10/.3

Smith - 35 min./17 fga pg 20.6/8.5/2

West - 39 min./17 fga pg 21/8.5/1

Duncan has been a center since DR retired. He has Bonner beside him and I would guess he mans the 4. Sheed is 35 and has played Center for a while now. I forget Jamison but he is a blackhole on D. West is the most overrated of all of them imo.

Did Tim Duncan retire?

He's obviously numbero uno and I was thinking about him at the Center position. Since he was a PF this year then #1 and everyone moves back a slot.

1. KG - 33

2. Bosh - 25

3. Pau Gasol - 28

4. Stoudemire - 26

5. Dirk Notwitzki - 31

6. Al jefferson - 24

7. Boozer - 27

8. Elton Brand - 30

? David West - 28

? J. Smith - 23

? Aldridge - 23

? Z. Randolph - 27

Put him about where you have him but I'd knock EB down below him until we know he's the same player he used to be. I thought he was but he was bad this year and got injured again and is now on the wrong side of 30. Alos, I'd take Pau of this list and put him onto the C list. That team plays best when he's at C and Odom is at PF. He and West and Aldridge are pretty similar.

Out of the remaining guys, I'd take Dirk at #1, KG at #2 then whatever.

Smoove was exposed as a terrible defensive rebounder during the playoffs and he has no post game to speak of.

A Top 10 PF? There must be some pretty crappy PFs in the NBA if this were to be true.

To be honest, it's the second weakest position in the NBA ahead of Center. Luckly, Beasley and Love are really young and Blake Griffin is coming soon so this list will change. Point and Shooting guards are the strongest positions.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

To be honest, it's the second weakest position in the NBA ahead of Center. Luckly, Beasley and Love are really young and Blake Griffin is coming soon so this list will change. Point and Shooting guards are the strongest positions.

Smoove doesn't rebound well enough for the position. Even Dirk who is considered "soft" is a better rebounder.

The basketball expert in me isn't sold on Blake Griffin being a good pro.

Well the NBA is a perimeter league now and there are rules to limit big men so it's only understandable that guards would have a higher value. Beyond that Josh only stands to improve, Beasley will be moved to the 3 due to his size and skillset, and Love will most likely turn into an undersized C due to his lack of athleticism.

I think you have to remember who these guys play with and exactly who they are. Guys like Duncan, Garnett, and Gasol are really centers. They are physically better equipped than Smith. Then you take some of the guys who are in more of Smith's class and they have a legit center they play with. Of the guys left, Brand, and Randolph. He is clearly better than them.

Garnett is a PF, Duncan is a PF, and Gasol is a PF too. They came into the league as PFs