• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is he a top 10 power forward in the league?

Kimsey

Idk, but I definitely want more than 7 rebounds a game from my starting PF who is supposed to be our 2nd best player... I think Luis Scola, Paul Millsap are better PF's than Smoove... Also Okafor and Nene if you consider them PF's.. They only play C because there is nobody who can play C on their teams.....

Garnett is a PF, Duncan is a PF, and Gasol is a PF too. They came into the league as PFs

Garnett is a PF but Duncan came into the league as a "PF" because the Spurs had Robinson at C. Duncan was a C prospect in college and even on the Spurs, Robinson wasn't the low post beast that Duncan was -- if TD is a PF, who has been the C for the Spurs the past few years? Guys who are shorter, not post players, not shot-blockers, and not rebounders? As far as Pau, he never played next to a guy who is more of a C than him until this season when he played next to Bynum for a few games... but that lineup isn't as effective as the one with Gasol at C. People considered him a F coming into the league because he didn't post up nearly as much as he does now.

If you mean Smoove, hell no. He keeps taking the 3's, can't play defense, and at times he tries to be MJ by going coast-to-coast. Never learned to play on a team and never will playing for Woody. Josh has all the talent in the world but doesn't seem to be too bright. And Woody doesn't help.

Smith certainly can be a top 10 power forward if he gets his head out of his rectum. There is no excuse for his offensive stupidity and poor rebounding.

He certainly has the talent to be an All-Star. The big question is whether or not he will learn how to use it.

Edited by exodus

• Premium Member
Put him about where you have him but I'd knock EB down below him until we know he's the same player he used to be. I thought he was but he was bad this year and got injured again and is now on the wrong side of 30. Alos, I'd take Pau of this list and put him onto the C list. That team plays best when he's at C and Odom is at PF. He and West and Aldridge are pretty similar.

Out of the remaining guys, I'd take Dirk at #1, KG at #2 then whatever.

Uhm... Milsap gets no love?

Neither does Kenyon Martin?

Neither does Okafor?

Neither does Jamison?

Neither does Harrington?

Neither does Thompson?

My point is that not everybody is buying this crack you're smoking. You start off by excluding Duncan (why because he's big)... and Jefferson Then you ignore these guys too?

• Premium Member
Oh damn......... did you see that?

Cleveland just got another offensive rebound!

No... I missed it, I just watched West steal the ball from Smoove again...

You know... that one man break thing he does.

Oh damn......... did you see that?

Cleveland just got another offensive rebound!

You do understand Cleveland's frontline of Big Z and Varejao average 7'1" and 260 ibs., 29 years of age. while Josh and Al(injured) are 6'9" and 245 ibs., 23 years of age. Then you add to the fact that Zaza is your main back up seemingly for both positions and there you go. It's the person playing small forward that has to hit the boards with the most vigor to even things out.

Take away his game in Cleveland where it seemed LBJ got away with felony assault and those fouls were seemingly given to JS, the refs neutralized any resistance. His average over the 10 game playoffs is 18 pts. and 8 rebounds per game. It's worse than blaming marvin for whatever he did wrong injured.

You do understand Cleveland's frontline of Big Z and Varejao average 7'1" and 260 ibs., 29 years of age. while Josh and Al(injured) are 6'9" and 245 ibs., 23 years of age. Then you add to the fact that Zaza is your main back up seemingly for both positions and there you go. It's the person playing small forward that has to hit the boards with the most vigor to even things out.

Take away his game in Cleveland where it seemed LBJ got away with felony assault and those fouls were seemingly given to JS, the refs neutralized any resistance. His average over the 10 game playoffs is 18 pts. and 8 rebounds per game. It's worse than blaming marvin for whatever he did wrong injured.

You do understand that Josh Smith was constantly out of position and never blocked anyone out the entire series. He tries to rely entirely on his athletic ability to jump and snag rebounds.

You can make excuses for Smoove all day long or you can simply accept the fact that for now atleast he's one of the least fundamentally sound basketball players in the NBA.

Edited by gsuteke

You do understand that Josh Smith was constantly out of position and never blocked anyone out the entire series. He tries to rely entirely on his athletic ability to jump and snag rebounds.

You can make excuses for Smoove all day long or you can simply accept the fact that for now atleast he's one of the least fundamentally sound basketball players in the NBA.

Smith has improved his post game quite a bit which is why he managed to shoot a career best 49% from the field during the regular season in spite of his horrible, and frequent, jump shooting. it should be noted that he was our leading scorer in the playoffs.

He also shot 73% from the foul line in the playoffs which was a big improvement over the regular season's 59%. I have to think that his midseason slump from the line was just a mental block.

I believe a real coach wouldn't allow him to shoot so many jumpers and would bust his chops about not boxing out. Until those two things change he will continue to be a very frustrating player to watch.

Edited by exodus

On Smith's 2 point FG attempt he shot .514

Just stop shooting 3's. Since he has tuned Woody out maybe he will listen to the masses. His teamates should be in his ear too.

Right now he is not top 10 but he should be. He just needs a brain. Too bad those things are so important.

Edited by coachx

Nobody is denying the fact that JS fundamentals are below par. But you seemingly blaming all the rebound problems on one player when his counterparts left and right of him were injured. You do understand Mo Evans averaged 1 rebound per game the entire Cavs series? With an already small front court by college standards, it's vital that the starting small forward crash the boards harder than everyone else.

Nobody is denying the fact that JS fundamentals are below par. But you seemingly blaming all the rebound problems on one player when his counterparts left and right of him were injured. You do understand Mo Evans averaged 1 rebound per game the entire Cavs series? With an already small front court by college standards, it's vital that the starting small forward crash the boards harder than everyone else.

Not blocking out and having teammates injured are mutually exclusive.

• Premium Member

Right. Like any player on our team boxes out.

None of our guards do, Zaza rarely does, and Horford does about 30% of the time.

Smoove was exposed as a terrible defensive rebounder during the playoffs and he has no post game to speak of.

A Top 10 PF? There must be some pretty crappy PFs in the NBA if this were to be true.

I agree gsuteke, Smith in my opinion gets padded stats but when it comes time to go against bigger defenders Smith gets lost. We certainly have other big issues on the Hawks to deal with but the reason people keep pointing towards Smith is he has trade value. Will smith be a tweener the rest of his career or bloom like a butterfly and become elite. The great players all have a head for the game and I haven't seen that with Smith. You can improve but if you want to be the main man or 2nd option you need to know how to play the game. This inconsistent play won't do in a playoff series and you'll always be behind the 8 ball.

Edited by thescout5

I agree gsuteke, Smith in my opinion gets padded stats but when it comes time to go against bigger defenders Smith gets lost. We certainly have other big issues on the Hawks to deal with but the reason people keep pointing towards Smith is he has trade value. Will smith be a tweener the rest of his career or bloom like a butterfly and become elite. The great players all have a head for the game and I haven't seen that with Smith. You can improve but if you want to be the main man or 2nd option you need to know how to play the game. This inconsistent play won't do in a playoff series and you'll always be behind the 8 ball.

Well you should post here more often!

j/k

Sooner or later I'll type something that'll make me look like a total fool. It happens.........

Seriously Smoove is the most frustrating player to watch because he's so talented yet he lacks the "it" factor. In fact maybe it's the "get's it" factor.