• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bosh A Hawk?

frankthetank966

I mean it can definitely happen (anything can happen this offseason) but it's all pure speculation... it's not like we heard a rumor of Bosh possibly going to Atlanta. I think it was sparked by someone like Diesel and then everyone started liking the idea so they started thinking of their own ways to get Bosh here in ATL - that's all.

• Moderators

Pure speculation. Bosh has indicated he is not going to stay with Toronto so they will need to unload him over the next year, IMO. Then Atlanta enters the conversation since they have young talent and Bosh went to school in Atlanta.

I actually haven't heard any rumors about Bosh coming to Atlanta, I've heard mostly Detroit making a run at him or him going to New York to finally get exposure and to a lesser extent him playing for his home town in Dallas.

I don't see Toronto trading him- it will be a nice little battle in the 2010 as I'm sure that the Cavs will make him their #1 option (other than LeBron obviously). If he wants to be the main man, he would prefer the Hawks. There are obviously perks to playing with the Cavaliers as well. Other rumored locations include Miami and Chicago; Chicago especially wants him

Toronto won't be trading Bosh for Deng and picks. They may be interested in Josh Smith but it's going to take a lot. Regardless of whether he walks or not, he is their entire franchise. They won't be able to sell a deal like that to their fans.

Personally, I don't see Bosh being traded because all teams are loading up for a 2010 shootout. A team would be taking a huge risk when trading for Bosh just for him to become a free agent in months. If he would re-up at the time of the deal then great, but there are a lot of ifs adding up.

Toronto won't be trading Bosh for Deng and picks. They may be interested in Josh Smith but it's going to take a lot. Regardless of whether he walks or not, he is their entire franchise. They won't be able to sell a deal like that to their fans.

Personally, I don't see Bosh being traded because all teams are loading up for a 2010 shootout. A team would be taking a huge risk when trading for Bosh just for him to become a free agent in months. If he would re-up at the time of the deal then great, but there are a lot of ifs adding up.

and that's why if they trade him, they wouldn't get much in return... But hey if he is not happy there and wants to walk than might as well get something for him....

But they should just hold on to him till his contract expires and do a SnT if he still wants to get out of there.... They will get more in snt....

I mean it can definitely happen (anything can happen this offseason) but it's all pure speculation... it's not like we heard a rumor of Bosh possibly going to Atlanta. I think it was sparked by someone like Diesel and then everyone started liking the idea so they started thinking of their own ways to get Bosh here in ATL - that's all.

Was not started by D.

Its just a fact that no allstar has ever wanted to resign with Toronto.

Example: Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Marcus Camby, and Damon Stoudemire all wanted out of Toronto in their primes.

Why would Bosh be different ? You read rumors everyday other day on realgm.com about how the Raps could lose Bosh for nothing iof he refused to resign with them and they do not trade him. Then you read about the Pistons, Heat, and Bulls possibly making offers in the off season.

Heat deal centers around Beasley and Haslem

Piston deal centers around Prince or Rip

Bulls have tons of options to offer (Hinrich, Deng, Miller, Salmons, Noah, Thomas )

http://basketballtraderumors.com/modules.p...cle&sid=331

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=7351

http://ballhype.com/story/while_we_re_wait...h_trade_rumors/

http://nba.suite101.com/article.cfm/will_raptors_trade_bosh

I am glad the Hawks are not in the rumor mill (it would not make the named player very happy if they were)but a trade around Josh Smith seems to be the better offer when compared to what the other 3 teams could muster.

Edited by coachx

It would be a tremendous mistake for Toronto to trade Bosh... They need to get a bonafide All Star in return... If it was me nothing less than that would be even close to acceptable.

Not if Bosh opts out of his contract after the 09-10 season and becomes and UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT. Then they lose him for absolutely nothing.

When Toronto was winning both Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady wanted out.

Now Toronto is winning 20 games a year. If they start poorly next year you can count on Bosh telling Colangelo that he will opt out at the end of the season and if you want anything for me you should trade me.

Edited by coachx

But they should just hold on to him till his contract expires and do a SnT if he still wants to get out of there.... They will get more in snt....

Here is the risk in that. Bosh can opt out after this next season and be unrestricted.

JJ was restriced when we did the sign and trade for him. Meaning the Suns controlled the situation b/c they could match any offer another team made for JJ allowing them to control the trade partner. Bosh is unrestricted. He can go out and leave the Raps high and dry if he wants b/c the Raps could not match another teams offer sheet. They have no control. Bosh has all the control. He can say I'm signing with team A. tomorrow. If you want something for me call them and maybe they give you some of their other contracts.

That is why I believe Bosh will be traded before next season's trade deadline. The Raps would have no leverage (unlike the Suns with JJ) to orchestrate a sign and trade once he becomes and unrestricted free agent.

It should go without saying that any trade for Bosh would require him to sign an extension...........Which why an off season trade makes more sense then a trade during next season when it would be more difficult to do contract negotiations.

Our main gripe about the Hawks is their inconsistency and lack of an offensive system. Bosh is much more consistent then Smith's and is much more polished to run and offense through.

Edited by coachx

Not if Bosh opts out of his contract after the 09-10 season and becomes and UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT. Then they lose him for absolutely nothing.

When Toronto was winning both Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady wanted out.

Now Toronto is winning 20 games a year. If they start poorly next year you can count on Bosh telling Colangelo that he will opt out at the end of the season and if you want anything for me you should trade me.

The question arises, would you give up Smoove for the possibility of only having Bosh for a year??

The question arises, would you give up Smoove for the possibility of only having Bosh for a year??

No way. He would have to sign an extension. I wonder how fond he is of his one year in Atlanta at Georgia Tech. I hope the city left a good impression on him.

• Moderators
Here is the risk in that. Bosh can opt out after this next season and be unrestricted.

JJ was restriced when we did the sign and trade for him. Meaning the Suns controlled the situation b/c they could match any offer another team made for JJ allowing them to control the trade partner. Bosh is unrestricted. He can go out and leave the Raps high and dry if he wants b/c the Raps could not match another teams offer sheet. They have no control. Bosh has all the control. He can say I'm signing with team A. tomorrow. If you want something for me call them and maybe they give you some of their other contracts.

That is why I believe Bosh will be traded before next season's trade deadline. The Raps would have no leverage (unlike the Suns with JJ) to orchestrate a sign and trade once he becomes and unrestricted free agent.

It should go without saying that any trade for Bosh would require him to sign an extension...........Which why an off season trade makes more sense then a trade during next season when it would be more difficult to do contract negotiations.

Our main gripe about the Hawks is their inconsistency and lack of an offensive system. Bosh is much more consistent then Smith's and is much more polished to run and offense through.

coachx is nailing it on this thread. As he and others have said, Bosh has already indicated he wants out and the history of FA in Toronto should not give the team any comfort that they will be able to resign him. This is exactly the reason I expect Bosh will be traded by Toronto before the deadline but only (a) at a greatly discounted rate without an extension or (b) at a discount, but not as steep, signing an extension with the new team.

If I am the Hawks, I would not trade Josh Smith for him without an extension already in place. A guy like Deng or Smith as the centerpiece for the deal is probably what Toronto is going to get for him. They are not going to get a star unless that star's team also lacks leverage like if the Suns were ready to to unload Amare - usually those trades are taking someone's else's talented problem, though ala Vin Baker the for Shawn Kemp deal from years ago.