• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bosh A Hawk?

frankthetank966

I think Smoove and Acie for a resigned Bosh (5 year deal) makes sense for all involved.

We then draft pg at 19 and either resign Bibby (hopefully not) or go after a Felton, Ellis, or TJ ford type.

You're dreaming. Hawks have Calderon anyway they don't need Acie. Also, Acie isn't good. You select Hawk fans may see something special but I see a player who was never good enough to get solid PT after 2 seasons. You would need to give up many picks and another quality player.

This isn't like the LAL-MEM trade, it's not a salary dump.

You're dreaming. Hawks have Calderon anyway they don't need Acie. Also, Acie isn't good. You select Hawk fans may see something special but I see a player who was never good enough to get solid PT after 2 seasons. You would need to give up many picks and another quality player.

This isn't like the LAL-MEM trade, it's not a salary dump.

Actually they are very similar situations.

Really and truely, The Raptors would be in worse position then the Grizz were in terms of leverage. BOSH CAN OPT OUT AND THEY LOSE HIM FOR NOTHING. Memphis could have kept Gasol b/c he was under contract. That is much more leverage then what The Raptors wil have.

Don't play dense !

I kow your jealous b/c the Cavs will not have the necessary piece to get in on the Bosh sweepstakes.

Edited by coachx

Toronto has no back-up to Caldy tho. Acie gives them that (and I think Acie still has some value around the league; he hasn't really been given a fair shake yet).

I don't think Toronto can get equal value for Bosh because of his 2010 status. So, it comes down to the marketplace. Bosh for Smoove/Acie is at least a decent deal. Deng/Hinrich would be slightly better perhaps, but not by that much. It really just depends on what other teams are willing to offer.

Just thought I would throw my two cents on this topic.

Before I start I just want to say that I am a long time Atlanta Hawks Fan since the days of Nique, but really didnt pay close attention to the day to day things of the Hawks until 1996 in the days of Deke/Smitty/Mookie. I was born and raised in the Atlanta area most of my life but for the past several years I have lived in the Toronto area, I'm not a really a fan of their's but I do follow what goes on with the Toronto Raptors very closely as well.

So The Hawks and Raptors are the two teams I keep up with the most in terms with the stuff going on. Now having said that I just want point some things out about Chris Bosh.

Chris is a great talent to have on the Hawks roster, he can score, he can rebound, he can run etc. But Bosh has some flaws that I must point out before seriously considering bringing him in.

If you are looking for Chris Bosh to be brought in to be the leader and the number one option this team needs then dont trade for him if its for that reason.

I have noticed alot of the things Joe Johnson has been critizied such as not being a vocal enough leader, not being a natural # 1 option, not having that fire to rally the troops together, can also be said for Chris Bosh. The fans in Toronto and the media are both saying he does not act like a true leader. The Raptors did not do to well this season and they lost alot of important games. One game I remember in particular against Boston earlier this season. Toronto was down like 15 or something and the coach called for a timeout. Bosh is the only guy who didnt go into the huddle, instead he is over by end of the court playing with the basketball net, sulking, and playing with the basketball not giving his teammates any eye contact. Do you really want a guy when times are tough to just sulk in the corner and not try to do anything about it? He also like Joe is pretty quiet in the lockerroom he shows a little more emotion on the court than Joe but for the most part he just goes out and does his thing.

When the team was struggling this season it seemed like he was just going through the motions and just didnt care. Alot of Toronto Fans and media are starting to see him as a # 2 option for a championship team. He rarely comes through in the big games that matters most even when they were having winning seasons.

Like I said dont get me wrong Chris Bosh is a great talent to have on any team and would be a good piece to this puzzle.. but him and Joe Johnson fall into the same category as not being an emotional leader for a team and both are great # 2 options just thought i would point that out.

I know what you mean, but I also think Bosh and JJ TOGETHER would do wonders for both (Bosh has never played with an elite swing man and ATL JJ has never played with an elite post player).

But I do agree we would need vocal leadership coming from somewhere. A ballsy pg would do the trick IMO.

Quick breakdown: BC their GM was GM for Phx for 15 years. I'm 95.5% sure he wants to replicate that style in Toronto. Horford is the ideal player for that offensive with his skill of initiating the break at Center and ball handling from one end to the other as another key ingredient. BC said himself that toughness is a priority in a potential big man. If the deal is made, there is no way Horford is not involved.

JS and Barg are both combo forward type of players. Barg in between Horford and MW/Chilldress is much better defensively and supplements his defensive shortcomings.

Quick breakdown: BC their GM was GM for Phx for 15 years. I'm 95.5% sure he wants to replicate that style in Toronto. Horford is the ideal player for that offensive with his skill of initiating the break at Center and ball handling from one end to the other as another key ingredient. BC said himself that toughness is a priority in a potential big man. If the deal is made, there is no way Horford is not involved.

JS and Barg are both combo forward type of players. Barg in between Horford and MW/Chilldress is much better defensively and supplements his defensive shortcomings.

If this deal had legs we would still have to trade Smith, but even moreso then with Horford/Smith combo we we have now. Bosh is terrible at Center and he will be expensive. Most def we would need him to sign a long term deal before the deal.

If Bosh is available, you do what you can to get him.

I feel like we'll always be teased by Smith, because the thought of him putting it all together is so tantalizing. He really is like Mike Vick in that sense. But he's easily the best trading chip we have, a young, explosive talent at a reasonable price. If Sund could pull off a trade for Bosh and keep Marvin and Bibby at a reasonable price (or find worthy replacements), there's no reason the Hawks won't be a 50+ win team next year (unless Woody effs it up).