• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade Joe Johnson!

JTB

Trade Johnson!  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally I would never trade johnson unless we get a star for him and i dont mean someone like rudy gay!, personally i think johnson can be a great player its just the bad coaching on the offense side of the ball and plus he gets doubled quite often.

goods on jj

-our best player hands down

-there isnt really anyone else to get in my opinon

-can be great if he had a actual offense scheme to run

-......again can be great if he had a actual offense scheme to run

-.......oh yeah can be great if he had a actual offense scheme to run

bads on jj

- needs to speak up and be a leader (thats really it on the bad)

-oh yeah he needs to score more in the playoffs.........oh but wait he never really has a real offense scheme to run. its just give jj the ball in iso and hope he scores instead of helping jj out and running plays for the whole damn team and not just jj......woody is a joke)

Also can someone give me an actual good trade for johnson cause the rudy gay trades aint good enough! hell we can get rudy if we just give the grizzlies a pair of socks. it worked for the lakers! lol naw but honestly we could get rudy by trading away za za and marvin probably.

I think this quote of JJ is REMARKABLE:

Johnson will ‘let my body heal up’

He says offseason work can wait after leading NBA in playing minutes.

By Sekou Smith

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hawks captain Joe Johnson played more minutes during the regular season than any other player in the NBA.

He didn’t realize what kind of toll that volume of work can take on the body until Tuesday morning, when he woke up and realized that it was all over.

So don’t expect him to head to the gym immediately for workouts, which he did in his first two seasons when the Hawks didn’t make the postseason.

“I’ve got to get off my feet a little bit and let my body heal up,” Johnson said Tuesday as the Hawks cleared out their lockers the day after their season ended in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference semifinals. “I’ll get back at it here pretty soon. But right now, I know I could use the rest.”

In the past, Johnson has been the most vigilant of the Hawks about resuming his offseason activity as soon as possible. But clearly, his battery needs recharging after logging a staggering 3,124 minutes during the regular season.

“I haven’t made any plans,” said Johnson, who is heading into the final year of his contract. “The season just ended yesterday, and really, I didn’t expect for it to end so soon. We had a productive year, making it to the second round. That’s just another leap and bound we made from last year.”

He didn’t even sound interested in watching any more playoff basketball after being humbled by Cleveland in four games.

“I’ve had my playoff fun,” he said. “We had a great run. I enjoyed it. The first round going seven game and then facing Cleveland in the second round … I’ve had enough playoff basketball. I’ll watch it occasionally, if I happen to stumble up on a game. But I won’t be looking forward to anything.”

Woody killed him.

Woodson is an assasin. You can add Horford tho that list as well. He played big minutes at C giving up 20-40lbs a game.

The lack of offensive scheme was also a killer and Woodson's doing. Not only did JJ play those big minutes but he also faced harassing double teams. Horford had to get most of his points without the benefit of being fed the ball.

Smoove and Flip seem to be the only ones that benefit from the anything goes, individual type offense Woody runs.

As for the trade posibilities; you can come up with a trade for any player.

Sund needs to assume his responsibilies and get Woodson out. The roster needs work, but I'm convinced that better coaching could get alot more out of what we have.

• Premium Member
I think this quote of JJ is REMARKABLE:

I’ve had enough playoff basketball. I’ll watch it occasionally, if I happen to stumble up on a game. But I won’t be looking forward to anything.”

Woody killed him.

I think I understand what he's saying. When you are a competitor, it sickens you to lose. I don't think he's tired of playing... hell, if we had game 5 tonight, he'd be suited up and ready to go. I think he don't care about what's going on in the playoffs.

But you're right, Woody did overplay him. And Joe was accommodating to it.

Both JJ and Woody should live and learn.

JJ should average 35-36 mpg next year.

We will be a playoff team next year with JJ on the bench and extra 3-4 mpg and he will be a little fresher for the playoffs. It will lengthen his career...........and if we our the team signing him to an extension or new contract we should be concerned about that.

The Hawks just need another scorer on the team to take some pressure off JJ. This would also help to reduce his minutes.

I think Diesel proposed that we trade Marvin to Washingon for Caron Butler. I'm not for trading Marvin but can you imagine having a player like Caron Butler on the court with JJ. Our offese would improve dramatically overnight. Then have Marvin come off the bench to play shut down defense at the SF position or start him against tall SF's like LeBron. You could move Butler over to SG to relieve some of JJ's minutes too. Then we sign Anderson to play center for additional offense and defense.

Um... not sure if this is even possible, just thinking of what the team would be like with another consistant scorer out there with JJ.

• Premium Member
The Hawks just need another scorer on the team to take some pressure off JJ. This would also help to reduce his minutes.

I think Diesel proposed that we trade Marvin to Washingon for Caron Butler. I'm not for trading Marvin but can you imagine having a player like Caron Butler on the court with JJ. Our offese would improve dramatically overnight. Then have Marvin come off the bench to play shut down defense at the SF position or start him against tall SF's like LeBron. You could move Butler over to SG to relieve some of JJ's minutes too. Then we sign Anderson to play center for additional offense and defense.

Um... not sure if this is even possible, just thinking of what the team would be like with another consistant scorer out there with JJ.

How could we have Marvin and Caron Butler if we are giving up Marvin to get Butler :no-no:

Anyway, Washington is retarded to deal Butler for Marvin.

You can't rest Joe when you don't have the players to spell him.

I haven't brought it up to this point but I'll do it now. The Hawks payroll this year was around 69 million.

How much was Cleveland's?????? Their team is all Lebron right so it must be small......

Try 91 million. Outside of the Knicks with money comes talent.

The Hawks were outclassed this year.

im just happy to see that most of the atlanta fans want joe to stay..........for a minute i got scared because there are some who want to trade him and i think that would be the dumbest thing that we could do at this point!

I would keep JJ, bring his minutes down, and run plays for him other than isos.

Short/sweet and exactly right. Any more threads concerning JJ with the Hawks should be answered here.

I would keep JJ, bring his minutes down, and run plays for him other than isos.

i agree. atlanta run plays not just for jj but the whole damn team man!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by JTB

• Premium Member

Joe is a special player. He may not be as special as Kobe, LeBron, etc...but he is very talented, has a great attitude, and is committed to the game. Why the f#$k would we trade a player like that!? The point is to BUILD your team with players like him - not deal him away for equal or lesser value.

We need a better offensive system and we need better players around him (or the players we have need to STEP UP).

Seriously, can we just end the trade JJ talk?

Joe is a special player. He may not be as special as Kobe, LeBron, etc...but he is very talented, has a great attitude, and is committed to the game. Why the f#$k would we trade a player like that!? The point is to BUILD your team with players like him - not deal him away for equal or lesser value.

We need a better offensive system and we need better players around him (or the players we have need to STEP UP).

Seriously, can we just end the trade JJ talk?

i agree with all you said thats why i posted this. i wanted to make sure we have more jj fans than jj haters and wanted to end the jj trade talk cause it completely stupid. atlanta fans scared me for a second though i kept hearing some was willing to trade jj. for some reason people think jj isnt a star but they fail to realize that the hawks dont run a offense system for him or any other players on the team that works. we have the players just need a offense sytem to sucessfully run.

:angel19:

This idea that "No one can replace Joe" has got to end. Give the man a break.

"We have no one on the bench to replace him." Really? Come on Woody.

Cut down his minutes. If our bench is so bad that they can't play, then our GM

must do something about it.

I think the solution lies in the hands of Woody. You MUST trust your bench enough

to substitute someone for Joe. Hawks are not a one man team. Joe Johnson is

not the answer to everything. With less minutes, his production would increase.

Woody is killing Joe and the Hawks by his selfishness in not giving Joe more time

on the bench.

Just one flustrated fan's opinion.

:computer8:

I was trying to hold it in, but you did it Joe lovers. I can't stand Joe Johnson, but many of you are well aware. Unforced turnover committing, baby-bottom soft paint attempt shooting, 1 foot jumping, injury complex from Phoenix having, contact shying, overpaid, non-shot contesting, traveling, no-show in the playoffs performing, contested shot settling, shot-clock wasting, weak dribbling, often stripped and blocked handling, 2 free-throws the whole game shooting, zipped-lipped, emotionless, last man back in transition running, non fast break finishing, once every two months dunking, defeatist attitude having, excuse making, useless baseline game having, waste of a 6'7 240 lb frame. Offense or no offense, these are shortcomings that I can't bear to watch from a supposed "number 1" option any more. Thank you for the emptiest 20-5-5 seasons an NBA player can possibly have.

Always at odds with Joe fans, respectfully,

Benhillboy

Let's go Sund/ Spirit Group!

Edited by benhillboy

Anything short of trading Joe for OJ Mayo, Darko Milicic, and one of the 1sts I wouldn't even consider. We'd get a young guard with a star name and potential to shut all those "Joe is not a star" people, that defensive 7 footer in Darko for all those b!tching for a big so we can "move Horf to the 4 where he will dominate" people and we'd have either the Lakers pick or the Grizz's late lotto pick for our "PG of the future not named Acie Law" people or a SF to send "Marvin's non-impactful *ss" packing.