• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Call it an excuse but Woody was 100% correct, injuries made a huge difference

NJHAWK

Dont underestimate the injuries to Marv and AL. Before Marvin got hurt he was a viable offensive option. He showed the abilty to drive to the hoop and get fouled no matter how awkward it looked. He should the abilty to nail jumpers all night especially at home. He even showed some 3 point game this season. Not having him vs Clevland hurt us because not only would he be better at guarding Lebron than Mo Evans but he would have made LEBRON ACTUALLY HAVE TO GUARD SOMEBODY. Lebron was free lancing off of Mo Evans because Mo couldnt knock down jumpers and has no real offensive game to speak of. Lebron was free to double or just wander around hacking people. A healthy Marv would have made him pay especially at Phillips. Al Horford would have kept Varahoe and Z honest from the mid range and if he could jump for rebounds like normal the Cavs wouldnt have gotten as many offensive boards and second chance shots as they got. We would have had a few more 2nd shots instead of one and done.

Edited by NJHAWK

Dont underestimate the injuries to Marv and AL. Before Marvin got hurt he was a viable offensive option. He showed the abilty to drive to the hoop and get fouled no matter how awkward it looked. He should the abilty to nail jumpers all night especially at home. He even showed some 3 point game this season. Not having him vs Clevland hurt us because not only would he be better at guarding Lebron than Mo Evans but he would have made LEBRON ACTUALLY HAVE TO GUARD SOMEBODY. Lebron was free lancing off of Mo Evans because Mo couldnt knock down jumpers and has no real offensive game to speak of. Lebron was free to double or just wander around hacking people. A healthy Marv would have made him pay especially at Phillips. Al Horford would have kept Varahoe and Z honest from the mid range and if he could jump for rebounds like normal the Cavs wouldnt have gotten as many offensive boards and second chance shots as they got. We would have had a few more 2nd shots instead of one and done.

Yes, I agree that injuries played a part in us being swept, albeit a small one. With a 100% healthy Marv and Horf, things may have been somewhat different, but the ultimate outcome of the series would not have changed. Cleveland would still have won the series. Our guys were not prepared well enough, hurt or injured, to knock off the Cavs.

Your right I think dont think we could have won a game in Clevland but I think we could have won at least 2 and maybe all 3 in Atlanta. I just think we are closer to Clevland than we showed and that we need to add some more veteran role players to close the gap.

Your right I think dont think we could have won a game in Clevland but I think we could have won at least 2 and maybe all 3 in Atlanta. I just think we are closer to Clevland than we showed and that we need to add some more veteran role players to close the gap.

Definitely. Yes...

Veterans would help. And possibly a new coach. I've never been a Woody basher, but I'm hating on him today for some reason. Maybe I've come to the realization that 47 wins and the second round might me Woody's apex...his NBA Championship, if you will, with this group.