• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

John Hollinger of ESPN on 680 today

gsuteke

I caught the 1st half of the interview before I lost reception. I live in Augusta so it's in and out.

Hollinger think the Hawks injury situation was a significant factor in the playoffs. For example he cited Horford's ankle as part of the reason the Hawks couldn't keep the Cavs off the glass. He said the Hawks wouldn't have beaten Cleveland at full strength but they certainly could have won 1, perhaps 2 games in the series.

Hollinger thinks the ASG will bring Woodson back. They've went this far with him and improved 10 games year over year. With 1 year left on his contract he thinks they'll stay with him.

He mentioned something to the effect that Woodson and Smoove don't communicate. Apparently Woodson has to get other people to tell Smoove what he wants him to do. I heard George Karl is the same way with one of his players, maybe JR Smith. He said they don't communicate.

He said the Hawks did a great job disguising Bibby's defensive ineptitude during the regular season but couldn't do it during the playoffs. Cleveland and Miami attacked Bibby relentlessy and he was a sive on the defensive end. He couldn't stop anyone. He suggested Andre Miller and Ramone Sessions as targets.

Hollinger also said the Hawks could clear up some space to give a significant offer to someone. That is contrary to what we've decided to be true in our cap thread that's pinned.

Hollinger also said the Hawks could clear up some space to give a significant offer to someone. That is contrary to what we've decided to be true in our cap thread that's pinned.

Not really contrary to what was said in that thread. We could clear up cap space if we renounced our expirings and made a definitive move on the Childress situation, but then we'd have no Bird rights and no players.

Don't put much stock in what he says.

Even though he lives in Atlanta, he sure doesn't know much about the team. He is also too full of himself that he created a metric that isn't very good. I should stop though because I start to get annoying when I talk about Hollinger and how much I can't stand him.

I do like the idea of getting Sessions. Very underrated player.

Young too. He can get to the hole and he is really good at racking up assist. He cant shoot though. Teams will do to him what they used to do to Jason Kidd, back off and dare him to shoot jumpers. He is almost the exact opposite of Bibby on offense. I dont think he plays d either.

Edited by NJHAWK

I've been and pushed for Sessions a long time now. He should be a target.

I also believe we should sign Boozer. Look, there are no centers out there to get, better than Al. I mean to say, there is no centers available better than Al.

But we can upgrade in a major way with Boozer.

I also believe we should sign Boozer. Look, there are no centers out there to get, better than Al. I mean to say, there is no centers available better than Al.

Boozer is reportedly looking to opt out of 12.5 mill with the Jazz I assume he intends to get a pay raise, outside of that he is only effective playing next to a genuine big with perimeter skills giving him space to operate. Millsap might be a better fit though as he can operate more without the ball and should come cheaper.

Now how do you propose we get Boozer given our cap situation?

Edited by jhay610

Ramon Sessions would be AMAZING.

I'd give up our first rounder for him....

Milwaulkee is cash strapped and over the cap, we could probably pry him for less than the annual salary of the 19th pick. Our only problem would be bidding against other teams that may have an interest in him.

I caught the 1st half of the interview before I lost reception. I live in Augusta so it's in and out.

Hollinger think the Hawks injury situation was a significant factor in the playoffs. For example he cited Horford's ankle as part of the reason the Hawks couldn't keep the Cavs off the glass. He said the Hawks wouldn't have beaten Cleveland at full strength but they certainly could have won 1, perhaps 2 games in the series.

Hollinger thinks the ASG will bring Woodson back. They've went this far with him and improved 10 games year over year. With 1 year left on his contract he thinks they'll stay with him.

He mentioned something to the effect that Woodson and Smoove don't communicate. Apparently Woodson has to get other people to tell Smoove what he wants him to do. I heard George Karl is the same way with one of his players, maybe JR Smith. He said they don't communicate.

He said the Hawks did a great job disguising Bibby's defensive ineptitude during the regular season but couldn't do it during the playoffs. Cleveland and Miami attacked Bibby relentlessy and he was a sive on the defensive end. He couldn't stop anyone. He suggested Andre Miller and Ramone Sessions as targets.

Marvin Williams for Raymond Felton is a no brainer move for the Hawks. Felton is a good PG, has some experience now and plays a little D, pentrates, would be a good fit. Filling in the small forward position is one of the easier positions to find. I would think Felton would be less money than Bibby, but maybe not if Bibby get a contract amount that he is worth in the 7-8 million range.

Then I would try and ship J. Smith and our No. 1, for the No. 3 pick, and draft Thabeet. Again we get a lot better on D.

So we would have

Felton

Johnson

M. Evans

Horford

Thabeet

This team has a lot of D, a little light on offense but we could upgrade with another bigtime small forward fairly easily.

Is Zaza an unrestricted free agent?

Hawk88

boozer does nothing for us....al horford can become boozer....but our need is one of two things...either a big man (not a 6'9 guy, an actual center) and a point that distributes and plays defense....all boozer would do is give us a head start instead of waiting on horfords development...but it's yet another duplicate position...we'd have then three power forwards in smith, boozer and horford.

boozer does nothing for us....al horford can become boozer....but our need is one of two things...either a big man (not a 6'9 guy, an actual center) and a point that distributes and plays defense....all boozer would do is give us a head start instead of waiting on horfords development...but it's yet another duplicate position...we'd have then three power forwards in smith, boozer and horford.

Acquiring a player with Boozer's talent would help. His talent would help any team. Sure, it's not a position of need, but with his skills, if we could get him, do it. I don't see how having Smoove, Horf, and Boozer all in a Hawks uni would be a bad thing. Sounds like a good problem to have if I were the coach.

boozer does nothing for us....al horford can become boozer....

LOL

In his second season Boozer averaged 15.5/11.5. Horford will be lucky to ever average that in his career. Boozer is a better rebounder and by far a better scorer.

• Premium Member
LOL

In his second season Boozer averaged 15.5/11.5. Horford will be lucky to ever average that in his career. Boozer is a better rebounder and by far a better scorer.

The dude averages 20+ and 12 when healthy.... Horford will never in his life smell that kind of production.

Young too. He can get to the hole and he is really good at racking up assist. He cant shoot though. Teams will do to him what they used to do to Jason Kidd, back off and dare him to shoot jumpers. He is almost the exact opposite of Bibby on offense. I dont think he plays d either.

Andre Miller can't shoot either. I say if we can't get Kidd, go after Sessions.

Marvin Williams for Raymond Felton is a no brainer move for the Hawks. Felton is a good PG, has some experience now and plays a little D, pentrates, would be a good fit. Filling in the small forward position is one of the easier positions to find. I would think Felton would be less money than Bibby, but maybe not if Bibby get a contract amount that he is worth in the 7-8 million range.

Then I would try and ship J. Smith and our No. 1, for the No. 3 pick, and draft Thabeet. Again we get a lot better on D.

So we would have

Felton

Johnson

M. Evans

Horford

Thabeet

This team has a lot of D, a little light on offense but we could upgrade with another bigtime small forward fairly easily.

Is Zaza an unrestricted free agent?

Hawk88

Do you realize that unlike the western conference the eastern conference has an abundance of all star qualitity SFs all with height, athleticism and scoring ability? How do you propose we find adequate replacement at Marvin's production or greater given our cap to defend and beat offensively all of these players?