• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Mehmet Okur

NJHAWK

May opt out. If he does is anyone at all interested? He can shot and is an ok rebounder.

Another big man that likes to shoot the three. Good mentor to Smoove...lol

Absolutely. But that would leave a major problem. Mehmet is a starting center and that creates an interesting dilemea. We could A. Move Horford to PF and Smoove to SF and let Marvin come off the bench of B. Have Horford off the bench. Either way I just dont think it would work although I would like him.

Absolutely. But that would leave a major problem. Mehmet is a starting center and that creates an interesting dilemea. We could A. Move Horford to PF and Smoove to SF and let Marvin come off the bench of B. Have Horford off the bench. Either way I just dont think it would work although I would like him.

Okur is different then every other center. He plays on the perimeter more then in the paint on offense.

He is the one guy in the league who could start at center and allow Smith to play SF since Okur can hit the 3 and space the floor like Marvin does. Okur would essentially be playing Marvin's role on offense but the PF or C role on defense.

The other guy who can do that plays in Europe and we just happen to own his rights (David Anderson). Just sign DA for less money.

This post has been edited by coachx: Today, 03:15 PM

Edited by coachx

Okur is different then every other center. He plays on the perimeter more then in the paint on offense.

He is the one guy in the league who could start at center and allow Smith to play SF since Okur can hit the 3 and space the floor like Marvin does. Okur would essentially be playing Marvin's role on offense but the PF or C role on defense.

The other guy who can do that plays in Europe and we just happen to own his rights (David Anderson). Just sign DA for less money.

Bingo. Moving Smoove to the 3 ONLY works if we get a 5 like Okur or Bargnani that can play Marvin's role on offense (someone out of our 3, 4 and 5 have to be able to shoot).

But, Okur is waaaaay better than DA, so I do think it would be worth going after him.

For fun:

Sign Okur

Sign and trade Marvin + Acie for Monta Ellis (who is disgruntled in GS).

Monta

Joe

Smoove

Horf

Okur

Yes, please.

This post has been edited by coachx: Today, 03:15 PM

I couldnt agree more. Okur would be perfect for this team. While he is no huge shot blocker or reb guy he does help the offense and our bench. Move marvin to the bench and allow smoove to play at the 3 and horf at the 4. Smoove would dominate almost every sf in the league in the post. While I keep hearing Woody say our defense is our problem I believe like most of you it is our stagnant offense. Right now our the mismatches in our favor is getting out on break. With Okur we could cause mismatches in halcourt sets.

Bingo. Moving Smoove to the 3 ONLY works if we get a 5 like Okur or Bargnani that can play Marvin's role on offense (someone out of our 3, 4 and 5 have to be able to shoot).

But, Okur is waaaaay better than DA, so I do think it would be worth going after him.

For fun:

Sign Okur

Sign and trade Marvin + Acie for Monta Ellis (who is disgruntled in GS).

Monta

Joe

Smoove

Horf

Okur

Yes, please.

I'm not sure GS would accept a deal for Monta revolving around Marvin they have a whole staple of SFs with Jackson, Maggette, Randolph, and Wallace and had a hard time finding minutes for all of them last year.

• Premium Member

I would love to have OKur.

i don't think you have a Marvin if you sign Okur. Maybe you work a SNT for Okur? Salary wise, we could not make it with Marvin..

This year, Okur made 8.5 Million. For him to opt out means that he wants more money and years. I'd happily give it to him because he's a fix... but I don't see the need for paying Marv.