• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Kris Medlen will start Tuesday

mattlanta

Kris Medlen, our other star pitching prospect usually overshadowed by Tommy Hanson, will be brought up Tuesday. JoJo Reyes will be brought into the bullpen, and either Parr, Carlyle, or Bennett will be sent down / designated for assignment.

Here are Medlen's stats so far in the minors:

0.96 ERA, 37.1 IP, 19 H, 10 BB, 44 K, 0.78 WHIP

I'm so excited to watch him play. He's a converted starter (from a reliever), as some of you may already know. Some experts say his performances in the minors match that of Johan and Grienke in the majors. I know it's two completely different levels of competition, but that still goes to show you how dominant Medlen is in the minors. Yes, he's more dominant than Hanson although Hanson has slightly more strikeouts than him.

Kris Medlen, our other star pitching prospect usually overshadowed by Tommy Hanson, will be brought up Tuesday. JoJo Reyes will be brought into the bullpen, and either Parr, Carlyle, or Bennett will be sent down / designated for assignment.

Here are Medlen's stats so far in the minors:

0.96 ERA, 37.1 IP, 19 H, 10 BB, 44 K, 0.78 WHIP

I'm so excited to watch him play. He's a converted starter (from a reliever), as some of you may already know. Some experts say his performances in the minors match that of Johan and Grienke in the majors. I know it's two completely different levels of competition, but that still goes to show you how dominant Medlen is in the minors. Yes, he's more dominant than Hanson although Hanson has slightly more strikeouts than him.

Yeah! I Hope kid does well! I wouldn't look at the stats much... Medlen cannot be compared to Hanson in my mind (5'10" to 6'6"...), or some of the established stars, but I sure hope he could turn into a solid pitcher who can use 4-5 pitches and occassionaly light up the radar gun and have that feisty, agressive approach...

Yeah! I Hope kid does well! I wouldn't look at the stats much... Medlen cannot be compared to Hanson in my mind (5'10" to 6'6"...), or some of the established stars, but I sure hope he could turn into a solid pitcher who can use 4-5 pitches and occassionaly light up the radar gun and have that feisty, agressive approach...

He only has three pitches:

Fastball (sits around 90 but can get up to 93-94)

Changeup (very effective, takes a lot of speed off... somewhere around the low 80s)

Curveball (looks like a fastball out of his hand but drops out of the zone)