• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If I could author the first Hawksquawk Brand....

Diesel

• Premium Member

It would be...

Dear Owners,

Please don't bring back Mike Bibby. Don't get me wrong, we appreciate what Mike has done for this team. We appreciate that Mike helped us get to the playoffs two years in a row. And yes, this year Mike did play some of the best playoff basketball that he has played in the last 5 years. However, our team has one constant mantra. Defense. Whenever I watch Mike Bibby on defense and how our defense breaks down to cover his deficiency... I realize that we can't let Mike come back to this team. Faster guards blow right by Mike. Slower guards blow right by Mike... and I'm not saying that Mike doesn't give an effort, but his effort is subpar. At this critical junction in our franchise History, it's time that we build a squad that will be known for it's swarming defense and offensive ball movement. Maybe it's time to give Acie a chance. Maybe there's a better PG in the FA market. Whatever the situation may be, we have to consider that over bringing Mike Bibby back. Unless of course, he comes as a great bargain.

Diesel, I totally agree. Defensively, that guy absolutely kills us. If he's on offensively, he neutralizes what he gives up defensively. But when he's off, his lack of awareness defensively absolutely kills us.

I thought he was a better defensive player than Lue, but he really isn't. If he is better, he's only slightly better. And he's nowhere near as good as AJ was on defense.

I love what Bibby did for us in his 1.5 years here. He was good enough to get us to playoff level. But if we can get a better guard who can run a team, and play much better defense, the Hawks have go that route.

I'm not a Jarrett Jack cheerleader, like a lot of people on Hawksquawk, but I'd rather throw a mid-levelesque deal at Jack, than to throw a similar deal at Bibby. Jack could pretty much give us what Bibby did on offense, while also allowing Flip and possibly Acie to fill the point.

Personally, I'd rather go all out, and try to bring Iverson in here, and give him all of the money we have left under the cap, to bring that guy in here that can penetrate, dish, and possibly be that vocal leader that the Hawks desperately miss.

If not that option, I'd roll the dice with Acie, and see if he could run the team, with Flip signed to a 3 yr/ 15 mill year. If not, you make a deal for a PG, and dangle Claxton/Evans as trade bait to a team looking to cut a little payroll.

But I agree. Bibby shouldn't be brought back. Thank you Bibby, for your service to the Hawks. LOL . . if we don't re-sign him, he'll probably end up in a place like Detroit or somewhere.

As I've said elsewhere, the Hawks cannot take the "next" step with Bibby at the point.

I still believe this team needs a quick, up-tempo distributor, who can get into the lane.

Monta Ellis, TJ Ford, Felton and Sessions are all guys that I would target (probably in that order too).

• Premium Member
As I've said elsewhere, the Hawks cannot take the "next" step with Bibby at the point.

I still believe this team needs a quick, up-tempo distributor, who can get into the lane.

Monta Ellis, TJ Ford, Felton and Sessions are all guys that I would target (probably in that order too).

Monta Ellis is available (regardless of what Warriorfan may say). He's not liking life in GS and I think they have regrets about signing him to a big deal or maybe turning their back on him. I think defensively, he's not much better than Bibby, but offensively, he would add a new dimension to our game. Speed! The question is, if we went out and spent that money, would Woody let him do what he does best?

Same thoughts with Ford.

Felton is a speedster, more Pure PG than anybody else you mentioned. He's a RFA though.

Sessions is in the category with Felton as being a pure PG, but Sessions is not a speedster. He's more of a Jason Kidd setup kinda guy. Just like Kidd, he lacks outside range. I don't think he comes close to being the playmaker that Kidd is but between him and Felton, we have two guys who can play defense on this level.