• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sekou Smith answers Hawksquawk Member questions

gsuteke

Mr. Sekou Smith has been kind enough to agree to answer some questions from Hawksqawk members. There is alot of uncertainty right now with the Hawks - whether it be the ownership situation, impending free agents, coaching, etc. etc. Reliable info on the team is hard to come by. Here is your chance to get some info or an opinion on something of your choice Hawks related.

I will start a thread later this afternoon for questions from Hawksquawk members. If you have a Hawks related question post it there. The questions will be collected and forwarded to Sekou for him to answer those of his choosing at his convenience. The replies will be posted on HS. We will probably close that thread on Friday and forward the questions along.

Please limit posts in that thread to questions for Sekou - please don't make it a point to discuss someone else's questions in that thread as that will complicate the thread. Simply post your question and hopefully Sekou will pick yours to answer.

If you have any questions or want to make a comment please feel free to do it in this thread.

Hawks info is extremely hard to come by as you all know. Please take full advantage of this opportunity!

Edited by Dolfan23
Remove the odd character from the sub-title

Thats really awesome, how did you end up pulling that off teke?

As for Sekou's replies, is he getting his own 'squawk account and posting them or just forwarding them to you so you can post? I am interested as to whether or not he follows this forum on any sort of consistent basis.

As far as I know Mr. Smith doesn't know this site exists. Not saying he does or doesn't, I didn't ask.

We will collect the questions and send them to him via email. He's agreed to answer a few and we'll post the emailed responses here on the Squawk!

Edited by gsuteke

As far as I know Mr. Smith doesn't know this site exists. Not saying he does or doesn't, I didn't ask. I didn't find it pertinent.

We will collect the questions and send them to him via email. He's agreed to answer a few and we'll post the emailed responses here on the Squawk!

I think that he knows about Hawksquawk but then again maybe he doesn't and he's been missing out this whole time simply because nobody extended him an invitation.

• Moderators

My question is:

"It would seem that this team could have incorporated elements like pick and rolls, off-the-ball-screens, etc. into the offense to give the team more options given the personnel last season but that never happened. Does GM Rick Sund or other Hawks management or ownership recognize that this team relies too heavily on Joe Johnson (and specifically isolating Joe Johnson) on offense and, if so, are there any plans to upgrade the offense through a change or addition to the coaching staff?"

Maybe we can get a little more information and opportunities like this if we send some small gift as a thank you. Hawksquawk sweat shirt or Mug. I know it's not much, but people do appreciate little small tokens. Perhaps we can take up a donation. And if someone has connect for hook-up on some of these items all the better.

• Premium Member
Maybe we can get a little more information and opportunities like this if we send some small gift as a thank you. Hawksquawk sweat shirt or Mug. I know it's not much, but people do appreciate little small tokens. Perhaps we can take up a donation. And if someone has connect for hook-up on some of these items all the better.

I think the biggest gift we can send Sekou is traffic to his blog...

Maybe we can do a home and home?

-What are his thoughts on what we will do with our 19th draft pick? WellPick a center, a PG or trade the pick?

-Is there is a good chance we bring back Chillz? I know he loves the ATL/Hawks and tired to keep up with the team.

-If the Hawks had to keep either Chillz or Marvin which would it be?

My question is:

"It would seem that this team could have incorporated elements like pick and rolls, off-the-ball-screens, etc. into the offense to give the team more options given the personnel last season but that never happened. Does GM Rick Sund or other Hawks management or ownership recognize that this team relies too heavily on Joe Johnson (and specifically isolating Joe Johnson) on offense and, if so, are there any plans to upgrade the offense through a change or addition to the coaching staff?"

:thumbsupsmileyanim: