• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Mark Cuban may be interested in Josh Smith

Wurider05

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/stor...=Chatter-090518

Cuban's ambitious target, in his words, is a "young perennial All-Star." That probably translates to pressing Toronto about its willingness to part with Dallas native Chris Bosh, but since the Raps continue to say they have no interest in moving Bosh, I could see the Mavs' sniffing around Atlanta to see if Josh Smith will be made available. Vince Carter, Richard Jefferson and Michael Redd are all likely to be available, but the Mavs know they need to get younger

Who do they possible have that could help us if this is true??

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.. Howard ?? hell no and why when Marvin would still be here?? and Dirk nope to him as well .. For one he's soft as hell.. And AL would still be @ C.. And The Defense would suck even more than it does now.. So I call this one bs... And Smoove being shopped is a lie as well...

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.. Howard ?? hell no and why when Marvin would still be here?? and Dirk nope to him as well .. For one he's soft as hell.. And AL would still be @ C.. And The Defense would suck even more than it does now.. So I call this one bs... And Smoove being shopped is a lie as well...

Dirk and JJ would be a great combo for a couple years but if it ended without us winning a title it would not be worth it. At this point if you are going to move Smoove it better be for somebody young like Bosh.

• Premium Member

I'm pretty sure Josh is here to stay after the postseason he had. I don't get why we would shop Smoove anyway. I sure as heck don't understand why any fan of this team would want him gone either. Why do some around here salivate over Marv's game in one post and then say they want Smoove gone in the next post. Smoove has done more with less if you ask me and it looks like the rest of the league is starting to notice it too. He had a limited skillset and has expanded it to the point that he is an intricate part of this team. TNT and ESPN kept focusing on the guy as our "GUY", if you get what I'm saying, so you know he was getting some attention fom GMs around the league. Getting rid of a guy that does so much on the offensive and defensive ends of the court would cripple this franchise. I'm pretty sure Sund knows that too.

I'm pretty sure Josh is here to stay after the postseason he had. I don't get why we would shop Smoove anyway. I sure as heck don't understand why any fan of this team would want him gone either. Why do some around here salivate over Marv's game in one post and then say they want Smoove gone in the next post. Smoove has done more with less if you ask me and it looks like the rest of the league is starting to notice it too. He had a limited skillset and has expanded it to the point that he is an intricate part of this team. TNT and ESPN kept focusing on the guy as our "GUY", if you get what I'm saying, so you know he was getting some attention fom GMs around the league. Getting rid of a guy that does so much on the offensive and defensive ends of the court would cripple this franchise. I'm pretty sure Sund knows that too.

You forget the best part and that is that he is signed for 4 more years at a reasonable price. The only way Im moving him is for a Bosh type deal.

You forget the best part and that is that he is signed for 4 more years at a reasonable price. The only way Im moving him is for a Bosh type deal.

I'd love to see some stats on Smoov that show just what a liability he is on offense. It's finally to the point where the fans in philips arena ( who generally have a low bball IQ as compared to other arenas ) yell in fear when he touches the ball beyond 15 feet.

I'd love to have Bosh here, but if we're offered a beneficial deal from elsewhere, why NOT jump on it?

don't be surprise if more teams come out and say that they are interested in him. Smith is talented. the only problems is his jumpshot and him dribbling up the ball. if a team moves the ball on offense and not this 1-1 hot sauce vs The Pharmacy 5hit then he will succeed on that team.

more teams are gonna be calling the hawks seeing if a deal can be done. also, if its a trade of scrubs or player who had super LPT than i pass.

Dirk played alot better in the playoffs than JJ did. Dirk would be a step up in terms of toughness.

Dirk played alot better in the playoffs than JJ did. Dirk would be a step up in terms of toughness.

Cuban's already said it, Dirk will be the last piece of that team he trades. Dirk just said he wants to win a championship and retire in Dallas.

As much as I love his play, Dirk isn't in anyone's discussion.

If our owners intentions are to keep Woody around, which I think will happen, I'm sure we'll entertain some ideas involving Smoove. It's no secret Woody/Smoove = oil/water.

If our owners intentions are to keep Woody around, which I think will happen, I'm sure we'll entertain some ideas involving Smoove. It's no secret Woody/Smoove = oil/water.

Woody only has 1 year uner contract and Smith has 4 more under contract. Trading Smoove just b/c of a coach who only has 1 year left on their deal is not the right reason to ship a player off.

I think we trade Smoove only if an offers comes up too good not to take...........like a Bosh / Stoudemire deal.

We can offer a deal for Bosh much better then Dallas can. Our only competition would be Chicago as far as what teams can offer the best pieces.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Shopping Smoove doesn't help this team and I'm sure Sund knows that. He has a good contract and he continues to show up when it counts. He's made strides in improving his game and he will continue to improve. I just don't see any other players that can offer us what Smoove can bring with the exception of Bosh, who will obviously be a lot more expensive. We got the steal of the draft with this guy and I highly doubt we will give up on him any time soon. He still has so much room to grow.

• Premium Member

Can we really say we'd turn down Dirk for Smoove?

Dirk's humongous Salary and BYC makes this almost impossible to do.. but Dirk is a former MVP.. He can get us 20+/8 for a season. He's a shooting threat. The major problem is that we wouldn't be able to do anything about our inside game. Horf is not there yet. Defensively, we'd fall off... and eventually, we'd hate that we gave up on Smoove...even if it were for a former league MVP.

Can we really say we'd turn down Dirk for Smoove?

Dirk's humongous Salary and BYC makes this almost impossible to do.. but Dirk is a former MVP.. He can get us 20+/8 for a season. He's a shooting threat. The major problem is that we wouldn't be able to do anything about our inside game. Horf is not there yet. Defensively, we'd fall off... and eventually, we'd hate that we gave up on Smoove...even if it were for a former league MVP.

I'm sure the owners are well aware of Smoove's potential and his talent. I agree he's not going anywhere unless we get a star talent in return. I'm thinking with the problems between Smoove and Woodson will warrant at least looking at possible scenarios.

Getting us 20 and 8 averages would be hard to turn down!!

• Moderators
I'd love to see some stats on Smoov that show just what a liability he is on offense. It's finally to the point where the fans in philips arena ( who generally have a low bball IQ as compared to other arenas ) yell in fear when he touches the ball beyond 15 feet.

I'd love to have Bosh here, but if we're offered a beneficial deal from elsewhere, why NOT jump on it?

Here you go:

Josh Smith 2008-09 TS% .533

Joe Johnson 2008-09 TS% .534

(I agree that he needs to be put in an offense where he doesn't venture outside the 3pt arc.)

Here you go:

Josh Smith 2008-09 TS% .533

Joe Johnson 2008-09 TS% .534

(I agree that he needs to be put in an offense where he doesn't venture outside the 3pt arc.)

Imagining how good he could be by simply making the decision to shoot less from the perimeter is just plain scary.

A stat showing how ineffective he is from the perimeter would be nice to beat into Smith's head.