• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Mark Cuban may be interested in Josh Smith

Wurider05

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dirk and JJ would be a great combo for a couple years but if it ended without us winning a title it would not be worth it. At this point if you are going to move Smoove it better be for somebody young like Bosh.

There is no chance in hell you can get Dirk for Smoove. NO CHANCE. If Cuban is that dumb there is no question we would be on it. He is not.

Dirk and JJ would be a great combo for a couple years but if it ended without us winning a title it would not be worth it. At this point if you are going to move Smoove it better be for somebody young like Bosh.

The goal is to win the championship, though. Bringing in Dirk would help our chances! Never happen, pipe dream.

• Premium Member
There is no chance in hell you can get Dirk for Smoove. NO CHANCE. If Cuban is that dumb there is no question we would be on it. He is not.

I think you need to look over the history of Cuban. Kidd going out the door. With no real PG to replace him. With Dirk making a huge amount of money and Josh Howard being hard to trade... and with Contracts for JT and Stack still on the books, Cuban realizes that he doesn't have a team that can compete in a young WC. He watched Denver crucify his team. Dirk maybe his allstar, but at the moment, Dirk is not getting it done for that team. Moreover, Dirk makes so much, that it's hard for cuban to maneuver.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him come after Smoove with Dirk as the bait. The question is would we take on Dirk's humongous contract knowing we don't have a real PG. DO we trust Horf enough to believe that he can maintain the post. Right now, Cuban hates that they traded Harris. Right now, Cuban knows that his team needs a defensive player. Right now, Cuban wants to build by getting capspace and then through the draft.

If they don't move Dirk now, they are done for the next 3 years.

I think you need to look over the history of Cuban. Kidd going out the door. With no real PG to replace him. With Dirk making a huge amount of money and Josh Howard being hard to trade... and with Contracts for JT and Stack still on the books, Cuban realizes that he doesn't have a team that can compete in a young WC. He watched Denver crucify his team. Dirk maybe his allstar, but at the moment, Dirk is not getting it done for that team. Moreover, Dirk makes so much, that it's hard for cuban to maneuver.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him come after Smoove with Dirk as the bait. The question is would we take on Dirk's humongous contract knowing we don't have a real PG. DO we trust Horf enough to believe that he can maintain the post. Right now, Cuban hates that they traded Harris. Right now, Cuban knows that his team needs a defensive player. Right now, Cuban wants to build by getting capspace and then through the draft.

If they don't move Dirk now, they are done for the next 3 years.

Would you do a Dirk for JJ trade???

• Premium Member

I wouldn't trade Smith for Dirk. Dirk will be 31 in a month, and our team would become even MORE jumpshot oriented. We'd have Bibby/JJ/Marvin/Dirk as the starters and they are all jumpshooters. Horford isn't a reliable inside scorer.

Good for Mark, but the Mavs have no one we want. I heard Bruce Levenson is intersted in Lebron.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.. Howard ?? hell no and why when Marvin would still be here?? and Dirk nope to him as well .. For one he's soft as hell.. And AL would still be @ C.. And The Defense would suck even more than it does now.. So I call this one bs... And Smoove being shopped is a lie as well...

If Dirk is so soft, what's Smith's excuse for rebounding less?

do people really think that the Mavs would even consider a "Dirk for Smoove" deal? And still think it would be a bad trade for the hawks?

The best player on a 50 win team, still relatively young (should have at least another 3 seasons at a high level) for a player who has shown no signs of "getting it" on offense and one of lowest rebounding per 48 minutes of any starting power forward in the league?

• Premium Member
do people really think that the Mavs would even consider a "Dirk for Smoove" deal? And still think it would be a bad trade for the hawks?

The best player on a 50 win team, still relatively young (should have at least another 3 seasons at a high level) for a player who has shown no signs of "getting it" on offense and one of lowest rebounding per 48 minutes of any starting power forward in the league?

31 is really not "relatively" young.

Having said that the move doesn't make much sense for either team (or either player for that matter)... probably less sense for the Mavericks than the Hawks, but still bad for both teams IMO

smoove's rebounding has nothing to do with being soft.. so please save it..

Soft or not, look at Dirk's free throw attempts as compared to Smoov's. When he's not busy knocking down 3's, and actually MAKING mid-range jumpers, he drives, and can get to the line at will. He also finishes in the paint.

How are we even arguing whether or not dirk is better than Smoov???

It's a moot point anyway, because Cuban's not giving us Dirk. Especially not for garbage.

Edited by ATLJA316

Soft or not, look at Dirk's free throw attempts as compared to Smoov's. When he's not busy knocking down 3's, and actually MAKING mid-range jumpers, he drives, and can get to the line at will. He also finishes in the paint.

It's a moot point anyway, because Cuban's not giving us Dirk. Especially not for garbage.

This is just ignorant talk here. If Smoove is garbage, what is JJ because Smoove was obviously the team leader throughout the playoffs!! Look at Dallas' exits in the playoffs and how long Dirk has been "leading" that team. Yes, he's getting it done in the WC but, has only made it the Finals once in his career in his prime. By the time Smith is in his prime, I think we could make the Finals at least once and maybe even when with the right pieces in place like Dirk had.

LOL. That's a bit harsh...and wrong. Josh Smith is not garbage. He oozes talent, part of which has been untapped.

This is just ignorant talk here. If Smoove is garbage, what is JJ because Smoove was obviously the team leader throughout the playoffs!! Look at Dallas' exits in the playoffs and how long Dirk has been "leading" that team. Yes, he's getting it done in the WC but, has only made it the Finals once in his career in his prime. By the time Smith is in his prime, I think we could make the Finals at least once and maybe even when with the right pieces in place like Dirk had.

Dirk has done what he has done basically by himself. In 2006 when they got up 2-0 on Miami in the Finals.....what was that team? His help was Terry and Howard. An old Stackhouse. The uselessness of Dampier. JJ/Marvin/Bibby/Horford is a MUCH better support cast. I watched it with my own eyes but never really understood how that team could win 67 games. But Dirk has never played with someone legit like JJ. That year Dirk scored over 26 pts a game, shot 40% from 3, eFG of 59%. Those are MVP numbers despite getting all the attention from everyone he plays. And last year, he averaged 25.9 pts, eFG of 56%. No dropoff yet - and none in sight....he doesn't rely on blazing athleticism so he won't fade away quickly. Smoove on the other hand, once his hops fade, will be out of the league if he doesn't develop his all-around game.

Anyway the point is moot. Dirk is a top 15 player in the league, Smoove is scratching his way into the top 50. No trade based on Smoove/Dirk will happen. Cuban's biggest fault is that he is loyal to his players, he develops relationships with them. Then he overpays them to keep them around. I mean, what is Devean George doing on that team? And the terrible re-signing of Diop (who was later traded). But he LOVES Dirk. I don't see Dirk moving, especially not for Smoove.