• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Which Hawks player, is in the gym..working on his game

HawkNJersey

Just curious, who the board thinks is working on their game now...and not delaying it, til further in the offseason.

Rio. He needs to be shooting 10,000 15-18 ft. jumpers a day. He has to develop some kind of offensive game other than follow up dunks...

Josh Smith.........I think he may have taken it easy last off season since he was free agent. (Fear of injury without a contract).

So many guys are probably trying to heal up.......like Marvin, Al, and JJ who finished the playoffs hurt. At Bibby's age he is probably still sore.

They'd all be best taking 2 weeks or so. For both their physical and mental health. After that, I'd imagine Joe, Marv, and Al take it especially easy because aggravating an injury over the summer is stupid.

I don't know the intensity of his workouts, but I know Josh tries to work on his skills in the offseason. Is he meeting with Hakeem again? The post work has definitely helped and I think it would be nice if Hakeem tried to reinforce the "stay down low" mantra we all have for Josh; even if Woody's system has Josh rotate out to the perimeter on JJ isos, Josh doesn't listen to Woody anyway. He should also try to meet with Rodman. In fact, if I were Josh's skills coach I'd put together a video of Josh's biggest rebounding games and one of his worst rebounding games and show him what a difference he can make on the glass.

I'd imagine Acie will be working out a lot, probably nervous about his career.

They'd all be best taking 2 weeks or so. For both their physical and mental health. After that, I'd imagine Joe, Marv, and Al take it especially easy because aggravating an injury over the summer is stupid.

I don't know the intensity of his workouts, but I know Josh tries to work on his skills in the offseason. Is he meeting with Hakeem again? The post work has definitely helped and I think it would be nice if Hakeem tried to reinforce the "stay down low" mantra we all have for Josh; even if Woody's system has Josh rotate out to the perimeter on JJ isos, Josh doesn't listen to Woody anyway. He should also try to meet with Rodman. In fact, if I were Josh's skills coach I'd put together a video of Josh's biggest rebounding games and one of his worst rebounding games and show him what a difference he can make on the glass.

I'd imagine Acie will be working out a lot, probably nervous about his career.

Smoove being tutored by Rodman?? Interesting thought. I don't know how much Rodman could teach. He just played with heart, outworked everybody for boards. I'm not sure you can teach motivation and fire.

• Moderators
Smoove being tutored by Rodman?? Interesting thought. I don't know how much Rodman could teach. He just played with heart, outworked everybody for boards. I'm not sure you can teach motivation and fire.

Rodman knew about craft and technique for blocking out, defensive positioning, anticipating where the ball is going while a shot is in the air, etc.

The questions for me are whether he has gotten out of the party lifestyle and whether he can communicate that knowledge to someone else.

Rodman knew about craft and technique for blocking out, defensive positioning, anticipating where the ball is going while a shot is in the air, etc.

The questions for me are whether he has gotten out of the party lifestyle and whether he can communicate that knowledge to someone else.

There's an art there. Barkley was tremendous at this. Knowing angles, tendencies of where rebounds end up in relation to where it was shot. Tough things to teach. A lot of rebounding is wanting the ball. However, I do agree that Smoove relies too much on his athleticism in regards to rebounding. Extra work on the fundamentals of blocking out and positioning couldn't hurt.

I guess if Rodman hasn't been in the news, or we haven't heard anything about him could only be positive. It seems like whenever he is in the news, it's always some outrageous happening that leaves us scratching our heads.

• Moderators

Rodman was a master but with his personality and various addictions I would be more inclined to bring in someone like Tyrone Hill who was just a workhorse who made his living on the boards.

• Moderators
BTW, my vote is for Coach Mike Woodson...

He's probably in the gym, drawing up offensive sets. :write a letter:

"1. Throw the ball in to Mike Bibby. Bibby dribbles the ball up the floor and hands it off to JJ. Iso JJ.

2. Throw the ball in to Marvin. Marvin dribbles the ball up the floor and then passes it to Bibby. Bibby hands it off to JJ. Iso JJ.

Come on Woodson, let's get a third play in there. Here we go:

3. Throw the ball in to Bibby. Bibby dribbles up the floor and passes to JJ. JJ gets doubled. JJ passes to wide open Josh Smith who is smartly standing outside the 3pt arc. Smith either shoots the 3, dribbles at the defense and then passes, or gives it back to JJ. If back to JJ, Iso JJ.

Done and done.

Phew...coaching is hard. Why does Sund tell me the offense can't take care of itself?"

Edited by AHF

BTW, my vote is for Coach Mike Woodson...

He's probably in the gym, drawing up offensive sets. :write a letter:

Hey, whatever! Maybe he'll realize the importance of movement and setting screens in an offense.

Rodman was a master but with his personality and various addictions I would be more inclined to bring in someone like Tyrone Hill who was just a workhorse who made his living on the boards.

I thought Tyrone Hill was already part of the staff. He is behind the bench for most games sitting by Mark Price.

• Moderators
I thought Tyrone Hill was already part of the staff. He is behind the bench for most games sitting by Mark Price.

He is an assistant. Obviously, he is not getting the job done since no one on our team does a good job boxing out. However, he is the type of player who I would look to bring in over Rodman. We just need a Tyrone Hill type who actually can get the job done. Maybe Karl Malone is looking for something to occupy his time...

I remember reading on the AJC that Bibby is working out already. (cue up the 'squawkers to start booing me)

Bibby hitting the weights

Not everyone was as eager as Johnson to hang up his sneakers and practice gear Tuesday.

Veteran point guard Mike Bibby, who will be a free agent this summer, hit the weight room for a quick session after his exit interviews with Hawks coach Mike Woodson and general manager Rick Sund.

“I’m just getting my work in,” a smiling Bibby said as he passed through the hallway outside the Hawks’ locker room on his way. “You can’t ever stop working.”

http://www.ajc.com/hawks/content/sports/ha...oe_johnson.html

"1. Throw the ball in to Mike Bibby. Bibby dribbles the ball up the floor and hands it off to JJ. Iso JJ.

2. Throw the ball in to Marvin. Marvin dribbles the ball up the floor and then passes it to Bibby. Bibby hands it off to JJ. Iso JJ.

Come on Woodson, let's get a third play in there. Here we go:

3. Throw the ball in to Bibby. Bibby dribbles up the floor and passes to JJ. JJ gets doubled. JJ passes to wide open Josh Smith who is smartly standing outside the 3pt arc. Smith either shoots the 3, dribbles at the defense and then passes, or gives it back to JJ. If back to JJ, Iso JJ.

Done and done.

Phew...coaching is hard. Why does Sund tell me the offense can't take care of itself?"

So, in theory....all roads lead to an "ISO JOE" ?