• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Anansi puts on the GM hat

Anansi

They have Gasol. Horf goes in as a PF. Believe me, they'd know how to use him.

Gasol, Horf, Gay, Mayo, MCJ...

That's a pretty strong squad!

Horf is better than any big coming out save dude from OU.

That squad would be good enough to make the playoffs in the west this upcoming season imo. Factor in Hakeem Warrick and Darko coming off the bench if they can pick up one more guard in free agency they would be dangerous with that team.

hmmm... He carried Boston over Chicago and averaged 17 points 10 rebounds and 10 assists per game in the playoffs... I don't know how you can disregard his play by saying he is a product of the big "three" since he put up those numbers on a team without Kevin Garnett a Ray Allen that shot 403% and a Pierce that shot 43%... Non of this takes into account his defense which is All NBA first team caliber.

yeah, and he is only 23.

Rondo is on another stratosphere compared to Bibby... And is definitely a better player than Horford... In fact there is probably not a single player on our team that we could trade for Rondo straight up.

He wouldnt be as good on offense here because we have Joe and then not much more on offense. I couldnt even imagine the stats that JJ would put up if we had a post player like Garnett and two other all pro playes that all command doubles. Lets see if nobody guarded Joe like nobody guards Rondo ok let me calculate :write a letter: 59 ppg 22 assist per game and league mvp. Yeah that about sizes it up. Now let me calculate Rondo's stats if he was on our team in place of Joe and evryone ran their double and triple teams at him as soon as he touched the ball. :write a letter: 2PPG 2 ASSIST per game and 21 turnovers per game. OK maybe I went a little crazy with the numbers but you get the idea..

Anyway what does all this have to do with Rubio being an obvious bust and the fact that I dont think Conley who I also said had bust written all over him would do much for us either. Again I never said Rondo would be a bust because those conversations never really came up here since we had pick #5 and Rondo wasnt on our radar like Shellhead, Roy and Foy were. I just said last year and this offseason and now that his numbers are inflated because he plays with 3 all pros and nobody pays any attention to him on d. They leave him like he was Smoove behind the 3 point line.

Edited by NJHAWK

• Moderators

NJHAWK - The reason I asked is that you have repeatedly contended that Rondo is not very good and is a backup PG or role player. Obviously, I have disagreed with that but Conley shares some of the same problems as Rondo when Rondo came into the league in terms of being an athletic PG who is not a great shooter (although Conley has really improved on this) and who is fairly raw. I agree with you that Conley is clearly not at Rondo's level right now but I was wondering if some of the same traits that bothered you in the past about Rondo are the same ones you see as a problem in Conley.

(As for Rondo, after Garnett went down he was the best defender on the Celtics team this season and led the team in PER in both the regular season and by an even larger margin the playoffs. He is legit.)

NJHAWK - The reason I asked is that you have repeatedly contended that Rondo is not very good and is a backup PG or role player. Obviously, I have disagreed with that but Conley shares some of the same problems as Rondo when Rondo came into the league in terms of being an athletic PG who is not a great shooter (although Conley has really improved on this) and who is fairly raw. I agree with you that Conley is clearly not at Rondo's level right now but I was wondering if some of the same traits that bothered you in the past about Rondo are the same ones you see as a problem in Conley.

(As for Rondo, after Garnett went down he was the best defender on the Celtics team this season and led the team in PER in both the regular season and by an even larger margin the playoffs. He is legit.)

I cant see Conley being the factro on d that Rondo is. Although I havent looked up their numbers size wise Conley just doesnt seem to have the physical presence Rondo has especially on defense. I would be afraid to have Rondo come and run our offense without the 3 all pros. Maybe he would prove me wrong but I would never even think of giving up JJ as one poster suggested and wouldnt give up Smoove or Al for him either. All of this is of corse moot because Boston would not put him on the block just like I dont see Joe, Josh or Al being moved anytime soon. As for Conley Ive seen more in college of him then Ive seen in the nba but I cant see either of those Ohio st kids Conley/Oden ever doing a whole lot. Certainly nothing to warrant where they were drafted. Rubio, well I cant tell you how glad I am that we will be in no position to draft him or trade for him. If somebody takes him 2 or 3 he will wind up on the all time bust list.

Edited by NJHAWK