• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks have sent scouts to watch Childress

mattlanta

Hawks Have Sent Scouts To Watch Childress

May 21, 2009 11:31 AM EST

The Atlanta Hawks haven't had much contact with Josh Childress, who can opt out of his deal and return to the NBA. If he does return, the Hawks would have to tender Childress his qualifying offer or he would become an unrestricted free agent.

"We’ve had scouts go over and watch him," said GM Rick Sund. "[Assistant GM] Dave Pendergraph has texted him. And I’ve talked to his agents – they represent other players."

Via Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The Atlanta Hawks haven't had much contact with Josh Childress, who can opt out of his deal and return to the NBA. If he does return, the Hawks would have to tender Childress his qualifying offer or he would become an unrestricted free agent.

"We’ve had scouts go over and watch him," said GM Rick Sund. "[Assistant GM] Dave Pendergraph has texted him. And I’ve talked to his agents – they represent other players."

Sund would be crazy not to keep an eye on Childress. JC has potential value either directly or through a trade. At this point its up to JC if he wants to come back to the States or not.

• Premium Member
I’ve talked to his agents – they represent other players."

I find this statement very interesting...

Let's talk about Chillz' agents.

First there's Lon Babby...

and these are his clients:

1. Tim Duncan
  2. Ray Allen
  3. Malik Rose
  4. Hidayet Turkoglu

5. Adonal Foyle

6. Luke Ridnour
  7. Shane Battier
  8. Tony Battie
  9. Luke Walton
  10. Bruce Bowen

11. Brandan Wright
  12. Grant Hill
  13. Morris Almond

OK this is the most sexy of the thoughts. Childress' agent Babby has the following players as clients. In Blue, I have highlighted who we may be after.

I can definitely see us picking up Luke Ridnour and Adonal Foyle.

I mean, Luke Ridnour could be a guy we trade for? If I'm not mistaken, Sund drafted him.

I read this on Hoopworld.

Another player whose name has come up in trade rumors is point guard Luke Ridnour. Hammond is quick to point out that at this point, he's also the only point guard on the team.

"Right now, if you look at our roster, Luke Ridnour is our only point guard, with Ramon being a restricted free agent. If you re-sign Ramon it gives you some kind of strength at the point guard position. You'd have kind of a two-headed monster there with Ridnour and Sessions, but right now that isn't the case and Luke is the guy. That doesn't mean you can't address that in the offseason, with some kind of potential trade, through the draft, or maybe even in free agency, though we're not in a great position to do that financially. We know we don't have enough right now, and not taking anything away from Luke's game at all, it's just that he's the only one standing right now and we need some help at the point guard spot."

Hammond is talking but I'm not believing. I think Milwaukee would love to get rid of that 6.5 Million dollar salary and at the same time, be able to match an offer for Sessions.

If I could guess, Sund has probably talked up a deal where we send Acie to Milwaukee for Ridnour and we eat the cap hit. It gives them room under the cap so that they can sign Sessions. It would give us a PG who can shoot and run an offense?

Adonal Foyle.

Can you say Cheap Big?

Can you say a community service guy?

I can see bringing him in just to be another big body.

Brandan Wright

Maybe GS has given up on Wright?

6'10 athletic... maybe he's a guy who Sund is looking at. However, I doubt it.

Hmm.

Ridnour, Johnson, Marvin, Smith, Horf?

:thumbsupsmileyanim: THE CHILLZ IS ON HIS WAY BACK BABY! :line dance:

• Premium Member
:thumbsupsmileyanim: THE CHILLZ IS ON HIS WAY BACK BABY! :line dance:

BRING BACK THE FRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously though, I'd love to see us bring Chillz back next season. We missed that "slasher" type of player this postseason. He also wasn't afraid to scrap for rebounds and tip ins. Bring this guy back to the ATL ASAP!