• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

PGs in the league who we haven't discussed.

Diesel

• Premium Member

There are two PGs who I believe have become trade bait since the lottery and we just don't talk about them. But we should.

1. Luke Ridnour. If there's a PG who Sund has his eye on, it's probably Ridnour. IF I'm not mistaken Sund bought the farm on Ridnour before.

He was drafted 14th overall by the Sonics in 2003, and then-general manager Rick Sund envisioned Ridnour to be Gary Payton's replacement at point guard.

Sund also signed Ridnour to his multiyear extension.

Who is to say that Sund doesn't see Ridnour as Bibby's replacement at a cheaper price (6.5 Million).

Ridnour can shoot. Ridnour can run an offense.

I figure that the Hawks could trade Acie for Ridnour (after we have handled our FAs) and take on the cap hit.

2. Chris Duhon.

It's almost inevitable that NY will draft Stefan Curry. He's a perfect fit for what they do. Run and Gun. I see either him or Holiday being their pick. IN either case with Nate there and with a new young PG, Duhon becomes a tradeable asset. I can see them sending his 6.5 Million dollars to us. IF they are still eyeing 2010 then maybe they do the damn deal for Speedy!!! Hell, Speedy and Morris. However, we'll see.

Now what does Duhon give us.

1. A defensive floor general.

2. He can shoot from outside.

3. He can run an offense.

I think in many ways, Duhon is a great fit!

• Moderators

I like the idea of dealing Speedy for Duhon. It gives NY more $$ for 2010 which is their primary objective over the last two years or might allow them to resign Lee.

There are two PGs who I believe have become trade bait since the lottery and we just don't talk about them. But we should.

1. Luke Ridnour.

STOP !!

( sigh ) . . I thought I'd never see his name on these boards again. Ish, I'd rather trade back for A.J., than to bring Ridnour here.

- injury prone

- one of the pooer shooting PGs in the league

- and that's because he might be THE POOREST finisher at the rim, of any guard in the NBA

It'll be like trading for a worst shooting version of Bibby.

There's NO DOUBT in my mind, that if Acie was given a chance to play significant minutes, he'd be better than Luke Duke Ridnour.

The best game I've ever seen Luke play, was 2 - 3 years ago, when Seattle came to ATL early in the season, and beat us. Then again, he had the likes Ty Lue trying to keep him in check.

Diesel . . that guy is garbage, and NOWHERE NEAR the 6.5 million that he'll make next year.

I like the idea of dealing Speedy for Duhon. It gives NY more $$ for 2010 which is their primary objective over the last two years or might allow them to resign Lee.

Why would NY do this deal? It doesn't save them anything Duhon and Speedy both expire in 2010 and Duhon is clearly the superior PG now. Knicks wouldn't mind Speedy for Jeffries or *gulp* Curry but definetly not Duhon.

1. Luke Ridnour. If there's a PG who Sund has his eye on, it's probably Ridnour. IF I'm not mistaken Sund bought the farm on Ridnour before.

Sund also signed Ridnour to his multiyear extension.

Who is to say that Sund doesn't see Ridnour as Bibby's replacement at a cheaper price (6.5 Million).

Ridnour can shoot. Ridnour can run an offense.

I figure that the Hawks could trade Acie for Ridnour (after we have handled our FAs) and take on the cap hit.

2. Chris Duhon.

It's almost inevitable that NY will draft Stefan Curry. He's a perfect fit for what they do. Run and Gun. I see either him or Holiday being their pick. IN either case with Nate there and with a new young PG, Duhon becomes a tradeable asset. I can see them sending his 6.5 Million dollars to us. IF they are still eyeing 2010 then maybe they do the damn deal for Speedy!!! Hell, Speedy and Morris. However, we'll see.

Now what does Duhon give us.

1. A defensive floor general.

2. He can shoot from outside.

3. He can run an offense.

I think in many ways, Duhon is a great fit!

I understand Sund brought in Flip but I don't think he's just going to turn us into the Sonics east. Although if I happen to hear Desmond Mason, Reggie Evans, Brent Barry, and Calvin Booth coming in for workouts, then I'm inclined to agree with your assesment.

• Premium Member
Why would NY do this deal? It doesn't save them anything Duhon and Speedy both expire in 2010 and Duhon is clearly the superior PG now. Knicks wouldn't mind Speedy for Jeffries or *gulp* Curry but definetly not Duhon.

I was Mistaken. I misread Duhon's contract for Jeffries. I still believe that there must be something we could offer for Duhon. He's a perfect fit for our needs and will be on the bench in NY... Probably deep on the bench.

• Premium Member
I understand Sund brought in Flip but I don't think he's just going to turn us into the Sonics east. Although if I happen to hear Desmond Mason, Reggie Evans, Brent Barry, and Calvin Booth coming in for workouts, then I'm inclined to agree with your assesment.

My response to that is that Sund drafted Ridnour and signed him to an extension. For a GM to do that, he must believe in that player. Sorta like when BK brought Al Harrington here. I think sometimes, GMs who have been in the league look at some of their previous personnel and give them a nod when they become available. If Sund thought that Ridnour could be Gary Payton's replacement, then he certainly can look at the guy who has averaged 5.1 apg in 28 minutes of play over his career and think that he could help this team?

My response to that is that Sund drafted Ridnour and signed him to an extension. For a GM to do that, he must believe in that player. Sorta like when BK brought Al Harrington here. I think sometimes, GMs who have been in the league look at some of their previous personnel and give them a nod when they become available. If Sund thought that Ridnour could be Gary Payton's replacement, then he certainly can look at the guy who has averaged 5.1 apg in 28 minutes of play over his career and think that he could help this team?

I mean it's common for a GM or coach to throw a bone at former players of their's that they liked who may be stagnant in their career (I.E. flip) but it's another thing to trade current pieces to get a guy who didn't pan out like they'd thought. Ridnour is signed for 6 mill through this season but I do agree with you, we might see him getting looked at maybe in the summer of 10' as a backup.

I was Mistaken. I misread Duhon's contract for Jeffries. I still believe that there must be something we could offer for Duhon. He's a perfect fit for our needs and will be on the bench in NY... Probably deep on the bench.

Yeah a Speedy for Duhon trade wouldn't make a lot of sense for NY since both contracts expire at the same time but Duhon would be a great fit for this team. Good thinking Diesel. He's the type of floor general I want to see on this roster.

Question. If BJ Mullins is not available at #19 would you take Duhon or one of the younger point guards that would be available there? I think the Knicks may bite at Speedy + #19 for Duhon and filler since as you pointed out with Nate and potentially Curry they won't need Duhon. I'm inclined to stay at 19 and try for a point guard there, but with Duhon's leadership, ability to play right away and Woodson's handling of Law I might do that trade.

Yeah a Speedy for Duhon trade wouldn't make a lot of sense for NY since both contracts expire at the same time but Duhon would be a great fit for this team. Good thinking Diesel. He's the type of floor general I want to see on this roster.

Question. If BJ Mullins is not available at #19 would you take Duhon or one of the younger point guards that would be available there? I think the Knicks may bite at Speedy + #19 for Duhon and filler since as you pointed out with Nate and potentially Curry they won't need Duhon. I'm inclined to stay at 19 and try for a point guard there, but with Duhon's leadership, ability to play right away and Woodson's handling of Law I might do that trade.

The Knicks are better served holding on to Duhon, he's better as a backup but he was solid starting until his body broke down from playing more minutes than his entire career. He fit's in perfectly with Curry because I doubt the Knicks resign Nate and maybe Lee this offseason. The Knicks are allergic to adding any payroll that cuts into 2010 and Nate is seen by some as a novelty. Although if we do include our pick the Knicks might be interested as they are taking a PG with 8 regardless and could use our pick to find a replacement for Lee. Beyond his expiring and the pick, Speedy doesn't fit well into D'Antoni's offense and I've already likened Acie to a Chris Duhon clone.

Been watchin the Lake show lately and I know he's a combo guard edging more towards SG than PG but should we take a look at Shannon Brown? He's strong, athletic, explosive, plays D thank's to playing under Tom Izzo, and can knock down the 3. Not looking for him to be our starting PG but if Flip prices himself out of our range I think he could fill in as a similar roll player off the bench.

• Premium Member
I mean it's common for a GM or coach to throw a bone at former players of their's that they liked who may be stagnant in their career (I.E. flip) but it's another thing to trade current pieces to get a guy who didn't pan out like they'd thought. Ridnour is signed for 6 mill through this season but I do agree with you, we might see him getting looked at maybe in the summer of 10' as a backup.

Just follow the logic here. IF we renounce those we need to renounce and sign those we need to sign and have capspace left over... An Acie for Ridnour deal might be something that Sund would do. If Ridnour was part of his blue print before when he had Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen... what's stopping him from being part of the plan now when he has Joe Johnson and Smoove.

• Premium Member

First of all, BJ Mullens is CRAP. It's absolutely wrong to consider him in our draft plans. I know we need a big but he'd be a wasted pick. Othello Hunter is better. IF we're picking #19... and I have a choice between Mullens, Teague, Lawson, Blair, Holiday, Derrick Brown or Tyler Hansbrough, the first guy being eliminated from the conversation is Mullens. Him being a legit 7 feet is the only reason he's in the conversation.

As much as I like Holiday and Teague...

I think I would offer NY #19/Speedy for Duhon. It's almost insane, but I think that the Duhon is one of the best fits for our team. He has the floor general aspect to his game. He plays good defense. Last season, he shot 39% from 3.

n590240524_151234_5809.jpg

His gf is not bad to look at.

Him and Joe in the backcourt together would be a nightmare to a lot of teams.

For that 7 footer, I would work on the Clippers and see if they will give up Andre Jordan for Mo Williams. I think they would take that deal. Not that Jordan is going to be our fix. He's a project like any center we draft would have been, but I think in rotation with Horf and Zaza.. He'd make a great third!

• Premium Member
The Knicks are better served holding on to Duhon, he's better as a backup but he was solid starting until his body broke down from playing more minutes than his entire career. He fit's in perfectly with Curry because I doubt the Knicks resign Nate and maybe Lee this offseason. The Knicks are allergic to adding any payroll that cuts into 2010 and Nate is seen by some as a novelty. Although if we do include our pick the Knicks might be interested as they are taking a PG with 8 regardless and could use our pick to find a replacement for Lee. Beyond his expiring and the pick, Speedy doesn't fit well into D'Antoni's offense and I've already likened Acie to a Chris Duhon clone.

The fear is that D'Antoni trades Nate. I have heard that he may move up to get Rubio... if that is the case and they end up trading nate... Duhon won't be moved. It's sad because he would be a great fit. As far as Acie being Duhon like? Acie hasn't gotten out of the 9th man spot in Sund or Woody's eyes.

The fear is that D'Antoni trades Nate. I have heard that he may move up to get Rubio... if that is the case and they end up trading nate... Duhon won't be moved. It's sad because he would be a great fit. As far as Acie being Duhon like? Acie hasn't gotten out of the 9th man spot in Sund or Woody's eyes.

Both Lee and Nate are in restricted free agency, the Knicks may tender them their qualifying offer for the year but in no way sign them long term. As for Acie being Duhon, how soon we forget that Duhon was riding the bench in Chicago for a good 2 years thanks to Scott Skiles, a defensive coach who didn't think Duhon could help him (hmm). Acie is Duhon, they both had the same skill sets coming out of college i.e. not overly athletic but good first steps, able to defend other guards, unreliable shots. Duhon had his best shooting year last year before that he stunk on ice and as I stated before being that he is a career backup his body wasn't able to deal with the added exertion that came with major minutes leading to him breaking down after January. IF we get him we'd have to platoon him at the PG spot as he's not really a starter quality PG.

Me too.

Taking Duhon over even a Teague or Collison, at #19, would probably look really dumb in 2 short seasons.

I would try my best to trade up 3 or 4 spots for Flynn, Lawson, or Maynor. One of them will still be there at pick 15-16.

I would be shocked if BJ Mullens gets past the Timberwolves at #18 if McHale is still the coach.