• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

PGs in the league who we haven't discussed.

Diesel

I was Mistaken. I misread Duhon's contract for Jeffries. I still believe that there must be something we could offer for Duhon. He's a perfect fit for our needs and will be on the bench in NY... Probably deep on the bench.

LOL!! According to Exodus, you can't make mistakes...say what you mean and mean what you say...he got on to me too Diesel :conversation:

First of all, BJ Mullens is CRAP. It's absolutely wrong to consider him in our draft plans. I know we need a big but he'd be a wasted pick. Othello Hunter is better. IF we're picking #19... and I have a choice between Mullens, Teague, Lawson, Blair, Holiday, Derrick Brown or Tyler Hansbrough, the first guy being eliminated from the conversation is Mullens. Him being a legit 7 feet is the only reason he's in the conversation.

As much as I like Holiday and Teague...

I think I would offer NY #19/Speedy for Duhon. It's almost insane, but I think that the Duhon is one of the best fits for our team. He has the floor general aspect to his game. He plays good defense. Last season, he shot 39% from 3.

n590240524_151234_5809.jpg

His gf is not bad to look at.

Him and Joe in the backcourt together would be a nightmare to a lot of teams.

For that 7 footer, I would work on the Clippers and see if they will give up Andre Jordan for Mo Williams. I think they would take that deal. Not that Jordan is going to be our fix. He's a project like any center we draft would have been, but I think in rotation with Horf and Zaza.. He'd make a great third!

Not to brag but my wife looks WAYYYYY!! better than her...that's why I married her

why isn't anybody talking about Kirk Heinrich...I like his game ALOT...can shoot the three, can penetrate, decent passer, plays exceptional defense, decent leader, experienced, I know he has a $10 million price tag but Bibby had a $15 million price tag...I think Heinrich is a MAJOR upgrade over Bibby

why isn't anybody talking about Kirk Heinrich...I like his game ALOT...can shoot the three, can penetrate, decent passer, plays exceptional defense, decent leader, experienced, I know he has a $10 million price tag but Bibby had a $15 million price tag...I think Heinrich is a MAJOR upgrade over Bibby

He has been talked about in multiple threads for the last couple of weeks.

That is why this thread is titled: "PGs in the league we haven't discussed."

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member
Both Lee and Nate are in restricted free agency, the Knicks may tender them their qualifying offer for the year but in no way sign them long term. As for Acie being Duhon, how soon we forget that Duhon was riding the bench in Chicago for a good 2 years thanks to Scott Skiles, a defensive coach who didn't think Duhon could help him (hmm). Acie is Duhon, they both had the same skill sets coming out of college i.e. not overly athletic but good first steps, able to defend other guards, unreliable shots. Duhon had his best shooting year last year before that he stunk on ice and as I stated before being that he is a career backup his body wasn't able to deal with the added exertion that came with major minutes leading to him breaking down after January. IF we get him we'd have to platoon him at the PG spot as he's not really a starter quality PG.

I think a lot rides on this series with Orlando Cleveland.

If Orlando wins easily over Cleveland say Sweep or 4-1 or even 4-2, Lebron may bolt to NY. If By Sterns help, they beat Orlando.. Lebron definitely stays in Cleveland. To lose tells Lebron that even with the best squad that they can field on the floor, they are not good enough to beat a Young Magic team. I think he'd be more willing to go to NY and be paired up with Wade or Joe or Bosh.

I still think that NY holds on to Lee unless they surely have a deal for Bosh.. if that happens, then Lee goes to Cleveland in a SNT for James or to whatever team is holding Bosh. If D'Antoni gets Rubio then Nate will be moved. It's unfortunate because his best possibility is in D' Antoni's system. He's too much of a liability on defense to go anywhere else.

Yeah a Speedy for Duhon trade wouldn't make a lot of sense for NY since both contracts expire at the same time but Duhon would be a great fit for this team. Good thinking Diesel. He's the type of floor general I want to see on this roster.

Question. If BJ Mullins is not available at #19 would you take Duhon or one of the younger point guards that would be available there? I think the Knicks may bite at Speedy + #19 for Duhon and filler since as you pointed out with Nate and potentially Curry they won't need Duhon. I'm inclined to stay at 19 and try for a point guard there, but with Duhon's leadership, ability to play right away and Woodson's handling of Law I might do that trade.

Answer: If BJ Mullins is available at 19, who would you take instead of him. Unless we're building for 2014 - and it's still far from a guarantee - get this guy off our radar. Hell, don't put him on the map.