• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

For those of you who has ever doubt Smoove...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Karl Malone age 22: 14.9 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 2.9 apg, 49% FG%, 0% 3p FG%.

Josh Smith age 22: 17.2 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 3.4 apg, 46% FG%, 25% 3p FG%.

There you have it. Josh Smith is going to be better than Karl Malone!!!!

The numbers prove it. At 22, Karl Malone wasn't as good as JSmoove!!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

• Premium Member
Malone at 23 21.7/10.4

Smith at 23 15.6/7.2

Really. Why are we comparing Smoove to Malone? Is there anyone who thinks Smoove is going to be a Hall of Fame power forward and put up the numbers Malone did? :questions:

Really. Why are we comparing Smoove to Malone? Is there anyone who thinks Smoove is going to be a Hall of Fame power forward and put up the numbers Malone did? :questions:

No, but then again they aren't even the same type of player.

Shawn Kemp at age 23: 17.8ppg 10.7rpg .492 FG%

Josh Smith at age 23: 15.6ppg 7.2rpg .492 FG%

And add to the fact that Kemp had Gary Payton dishing the ball to him, I think Josh Smith will be fine. Heck the only thing that kept Shawn Kemp from becoming a all time great is food and drugs. As long as Josh stays away from crack and krispy kreme (and we have no reason to believe he wouldn't) he should be a pretty good player for a long time.

• Premium Member

I can't believe you guys are seriously using age stats as a projection device. Exodus, I can see because all he does is find new ways of cramming stats up his *ss and get back ludicrousness.... but the rest of you.. I am shocked.

For the record, I was poking fun at AHF's Caron Butler comparison.

However, it's mighty interesting to see how far you guys will ride this pony.

I can't believe you guys are seriously using age stats as a projection device. Exodus, I can see because all he does is find new ways of cramming stats up his *ss and get back ludicrousness.... but the rest of you.. I am shocked.

I kinda figured that, but I figured hey why not have a little fun with it.

The Marvin / Bulter comparison is much better then the Smoove / Mail Man comparison.

"Age stats" are a reasonable projection device if your comparing similar players, at simlar positions, with the same amount of amateur expierence whether that be years in college or highschool.

Karl Malone played 4 years of college ball. Josh Smith played no years of college ball. That means its a plain stupid comparison to make.

Caron Butler played 2 years of college ball. Marvin Williams played 1 year of college ball. Seems like a rational guy to compare Marvin Williams too along with Rashard Lewis.

Edited by coachx

AHF didnt use just one year for his comparison but you probably didnt notice. Everyone here knows Diesel and math don't mix.

• Premium Member
The Marvin / Bulter comparison is much better then the Smoove / Mail Man comparison.

"Age stats" are a reasonable projection device if your comparing similar players, at simlar positions, with the same amount of amateur expierence whether that be years in college or highschool.

Karl Malone played 4 years of college ball. Josh Smith played no years of college ball. That means its a plain stupid comparison to make.

Caron Butler played 2 years of college ball. Marvin Williams played 1 year of college ball. Seems like a rational guy to compare Marvin Williams too along with Rashard Lewis.

Caron Butler came into the league at 22. Marvin's just 22 now.

Moreover, why doesn't anybody ever compare Marvin to Melo?

They both played 1 year of College ball.

They both ended up on a team that won the NCAA championship.

They are both tweener forwards.

I get it.. it's too steep. I mean, Melo is a two time all-star and Marvin is just an above average Sf. Melo is his team's best player or maybe 2nd best player and Marvin is about 4th on our list.. .maybe 5th..

You can't play the situation game with Butler and Marvin because like Malone and Smoove, their approach to the game is different. Butler is 6'7" 217. He can't play inside, he mostly stake out in the midrange and beyond.. however, when he has the ball in his hands, he's a slasher first. He uses his outside shot to paralyze his defender so that he can slash past them.

Marvin's game is just waiting for a three pointer. Waiting for a pass. Marvin doesn't have the handles of a Caron Butler. He is too big to slash through the crowd like Butler does. The Comparison for those who only watches stats.

I don't think they are but why we are on this.... did anyone think Malone was going to be a HOF at 22/23? :questions:

Caron Butler came into the league at 22. Marvin's just 22 now.

Moreover, why doesn't anybody ever compare Marvin to Melo?

They both played 1 year of College ball.

They both ended up on a team that won the NCAA championship.

They are both tweener forwards.

I get it.. it's too steep. I mean, Melo is a two time all-star and Marvin is just an above average Sf. Melo is his team's best player or maybe 2nd best player and Marvin is about 4th on our list.. .maybe 5th..

You can't play the situation game with Butler and Marvin because like Malone and Smoove, their approach to the game is different. Butler is 6'7" 217. He can't play inside, he mostly stake out in the midrange and beyond.. however, when he has the ball in his hands, he's a slasher first. He uses his outside shot to paralyze his defender so that he can slash past them.

Marvin's game is just waiting for a three pointer. Waiting for a pass. Marvin doesn't have the handles of a Caron Butler. He is too big to slash through the crowd like Butler does. The Comparison for those who only watches stats.

D, you're confusing me here. Do you like Marvin or not? 4th best player on an NBA team is not too shabby for a 22 year old guy. Yeah maybe my standards are low but if you think he's good enough to be a starter for an NBA team (4th best on a team) then what's all the trying to trade/bash Marvin stuff for?

I mean 4th best player on a team that has Joe Johnson (all star), Mike Bibby, Josh Smith, Al Horford. What gives?

:help wanted:

• Premium Member
D, you're confusing me here. Do you like Marvin or not? 4th best player on an NBA team is not too shabby for a 22 year old guy. Yeah maybe my standards are low but if you think he's good enough to be a starter for an NBA team (4th best on a team) then what's all the trying to trade/bash Marvin stuff for?

I mean 4th best player on a team that has Joe Johnson (all star), Mike Bibby, Josh Smith, Al Horford. What gives?

:help wanted:

Are you saying that Marvin is better than Horford?

Anyway, Anthony Parker is the 4th best guy on his team, I'm not throwing him a party. The point is that it's not really about What Marvin has done.. it's about should we spend 8+ Million per on him? I don't think he will be worth it.