• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

AGE VS. Experience

Wurider05

I have been reading alot of stuff on here about MArv, Smoove, Horf and Acie some of which I posted myself but I have three questions:

1. When is a player not considered a young player anymore? Meaning stupid mistakes and lack of discipline should not be common place in their game!!

2. When is someone considered a veteran? Does playing in the league and starting for 4-5 years not make you a veteran?

3. What is considered to be player growth? Can a coach really affect it!!

I have been reading alot of stuff on here about MArv, Smoove, Horf and Acie some of which I posted myself but I have three questions:

1. When is a player not considered a young player anymore? Meaning stupid mistakes and lack of discipline should not be common place in their game!!

2. When is someone considered a veteran? Does playing in the league and starting for 4-5 years not make you a veteran?

3. What is considered to be player growth? Can a coach really affect it!!

Good Questions. Varied Answers,

1. After three years in the league, I would consider the player not young anymore. Obviously, there are some stipulations. Acie is entering his third year, but I would still consider him "young" due to the amount of minutes he's played. In that regard, I would consider someone like Derrick Rose a much more seasoned vet than Acie....if that's understandable to anyone. And yes, stupid mistakes and lack of discipline should not be commonplace...Ahem...Smoove...if I'm thinking in whom you are regarding this to.

2. 3+...(with ample playing time). Starting 5 years in this league is veteran status.

3. Player growth is taking the negatives in their game, and improving on them that is within their CONTROL. I'm saying, we all know Bibby's D is a negative, but it's something out of his control. You can't stop getting older and losing speed and quickness. But, with someone like Horf...he needs to improve his post game. He comes back next year, with a couple more moves in the paint and his efficiency goes up, I'd say that's player growth.

The coach has as much influence on growth as the individual does!! Or should!!!