• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sekou's new blog - puts in link to Hawksquawk

coachx

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And he posted Diesel's question. Great. The one thing that guy doesn't need is an ego stroke...

:snowballfight:

You're 100% right. However, all I did was copy and paste each question individually and email them to him. It was a good question.

• Premium Member
And he posted Diesel's question. Great. The one thing that guy doesn't need is an ego stroke...

:snowballfight:

DONT HATE.

The man recognizes a quality question tailored for him to answer. I didn't ask Sekou to speculate on the owners/Sund because i can do that. I asked him a question that he can answer without speculation... and he knows that that's the kind of stuff that will sell papers and impress the bosses.

If I were Sekou's consultant, I could take him National. I would have him sitting on ESPN arguing with Skip Bayless and Woody Page within 6 months. People wouldn't care about a David Aldridge Article, they wouldn't care about a Marc Spears Article, they damn sure wouldn't care about a Sam Smith Article. People in NY would be like, "What did Sekou write about today?" People in LA would say..."I'll read Mark Heisler later, I need to find out What Sekou's talking about." Even People in Dallas would put down their Sefko and their MacMahon and they'd stop pining for another Patricia Bender and they'd say... Sekou's story today was worth buying the DMN.

In other words, you know when you've been touched by the great one.

• Premium Member

So, Toney Douglas anyone? I didn't get to see much of him even though he played in the ACC along with my GT Jackets. I'll have to take another look at this guy. I don't recall hearing much about him prior to now.

• Premium Member
DONT HATE.

The man recognizes a quality question tailored for him to answer. I didn't ask Sekou to speculate on the owners/Sund because i can do that. I asked him a question that he can answer without speculation... and he knows that that's the kind of stuff that will sell papers and impress the bosses.

If I were Sekou's consultant, I could take him National. I would have him sitting on ESPN arguing with Skip Bayless and Woody Page within 6 months. People wouldn't care about a David Aldridge Article, they wouldn't care about a Marc Spears Article, they damn sure wouldn't care about a Sam Smith Article. People in NY would be like, "What did Sekou write about today?" People in LA would say..."I'll read Mark Heisler later, I need to find out What Sekou's talking about." Even People in Dallas would put down their Sefko and their MacMahon and they'd stop pining for another Patricia Bender and they'd say... Sekou's story today was worth buying the DMN.

In other words, you know when you've been touched by the great one.

Okay, this was funny.

Kudos.

That is great to see he gave the 'Squawk some space on his blog, and he gave us a good review. Big thanks is in order for Teke and Sekou, that was a really awesome thing for them to do.

So, Toney Douglas anyone? I didn't get to see much of him even though he played in the ACC along with my GT Jackets. I'll have to take another look at this guy. I don't recall hearing much about him prior to now.

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index....howtopic=336819

• Toney Douglas, was one of the most efficient players on our list, using over 20 possessions per game (20.7). His overall PPP of 1.04 was the second best of all players, while his PPP as a finisher of 1.22 was sixth best. As a jump shooter, he scored 1.41 PPP on unguarded catch and shoot attempts, and 1 PPP on pull ups. A gifted off the ball player who scores 1.23 PPP (5th) shooting off of screens and 1.14 PPP in spot up situations, Douglas is only an average shot creator (.85 Isolation PPP), but he doesn’t turn the ball over in the half court almost at all (9.7%, 2nd), has experience running the pick and roll (5.3 Pos/G, 2nd), is an excellent defender, and seems like an ideal complement to a taller ball-handling guard. His stock has risen in recent months, and will be interesting to how his limitations as a distributor (he ranks dead last in amongst all passing metrics amongst draft-eligible PGs) factor in to where he’s selected on draft day.

Douglas and Teague are both gifted combo guards who will probably never be starting NBA PG material unless they play with a unique type of point foward or extra tall PG. That is why they both could be there at pick #19.They are both destined to be 6th men - scoring combo guards. Teage is the better prospect of the two since Teague excels at creating his own shot, which is valued at a premium in the NBA. (Douglas is sufficent in this area at the collegiate level but is not gifted at it, like Teague is.) Douglas is the better catch and shoot player to fit into a system where Teague needs to dominate the ball more.

• Premium Member

Douglas and Teague are both gifted combo guards who will probably never be starting NBA PG material unless they play with a unique type of point foward or extra tall PG. That is why they both could be there at pick #19.They are both destined to be 6th men - scoring combo guards. Teage is the better prospect of the two since Teague excels at creating his own shot, which is valued at a premium in the NBA. (Douglas is sufficent in this area at the collegiate level but is not gifted at it, like Teague is.) Douglas is the better catch and shoot player to fit into a system where Teague needs to dominate the ball more.

After doing some research, I think Flynn would be the way to go even if we have to trade up to get him.The guy just has that "it" factor.

After doing some research, I think Flynn would be the way to go even if we have to trade up to get him.The guy just has that "it" factor.

We may have to move up to #10 to get Flynn. He is a athletic freak to be 6'0''. Not quite sure about his "PG instincts" but he definately has a wow factor to him that makes him a highlight waiting to happen.

I really like Lawson too. Especially if he falls to #19 due to being 5'11''. He has those PG instincts that allow him to know when to push the tempo, when to slow it down, when to get others involved, and when to look for his own shot. His instincts and ability to stay calm in the most high pressure situations is what I love about him. Lawson was the floor general and the leader of that UNC team. He was truely their engine. His elite speed and quickness more then compensate for his height. He is like a TJ Ford with a jump shot, a good back, and 35 pounds of added muscle. Most importantly, with all his skills, he is a winner !

Edited by coachx

I think you have to balance the thought process when considering who the Hawks will take with the 19th pick. You have to take into account the fact that the chances of getting a starting player with this pick are slim to none, but you have to balance that with the idea that anything can happen.

I think the point of Sekou's article is that the Hawks need role players. I agree with that point. If the Hawks find themselves looking for a starting point guard or a starting center with this pick, then they are more liable to make a mistake with the pick.