• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marvin Williams...current worth

DJlaysitup

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about signing anybody. It's about getting the best use out of that moving piece. There's lots of trades that can be done with Marvin.

Marvin for Hinrich?

Marvin for Howard?

Marvin for Dalembert?

I mean, we can do this all day. The point is that we shouldn't be content to just sign Marvin to a big deal when we know that Marvin is not worth the money.

Then your answer is that it can't be done? That's what I assume your refusal to answer the question means. And you think it's a good idea to trade our ONLY SF and replace him with a PG or a C? I won't entertain Howard since he's not being traded and I wouldn't want him anyway.

Yeah let's do this all day, how about you show me how we can replace Marvin's production at SF without having to trade any other assets that right now can be used to upgrade other positions.

So once again show me a SF that we can sign as a FA who is young and can replace Marvin's production.

Plain and simple...

How much are you willing to resign Marvin for?

I don't know but your question is just a dodge. Who is acting like Marvin is a star player? Who is overrating him?

My only comment was that Marvin at the 4 could work in Memphis and you and DJ have a spasm and start harping on the 2005 draft which has no relevance to anything.

Then your answer is that it can't be done? That's what I assume your refusal to answer the question means. And you think it's a good idea to trade our ONLY SF and replace him with a PG or a C? I won't entertain Howard since he's not being traded and I wouldn't want him anyway.

Yeah let's do this all day, how about you show me how we can replace Marvin's production at SF without having to trade any other assets that right now can be used to upgrade other positions.

So once again show me a SF that we can sign as a FA who is young and can replace Marvin's production.

Dolfan he won't answer you. I think that Marvin is taken for granted around here. You think that Artest is going to come in here and agree to being the fourth option on the team. Marvin is really efficient. We all know the Smoove can't play the 3 spot if his life depended on it. The only way we move Marvin is if we move JJ to the 3 and get another shooting guard. There is no other way this could be done and we not take a step backwards. Marv is the best SF on this team. He is the 13th ranked SF in the league based on PER as the fourth option. Whether you like it or not that is something you have to think about. I think that we would be pleasantly surprised if we got a pass first pg at how everyone's stats would get better instantly!!

Edited by Wurider05

• Premium Member
I don't know but your question is just a dodge. Who is acting like Marvin is a star player? Who is overrating him?

My only comment was that Marvin at the 4 could work in Memphis and you and DJ have a spasm and start harping on the 2005 draft which has no relevance to anything.

Dodging my question with a "dodge accusation"?

Uhm...

Read my sig please...

Again, how much are you willing to resign Marvin for?

• Premium Member

Very simply, Marvin is not worth the amount that we would have to pay him with just a QO.

Your question is easily answer... Our team functioned well with Mo Evans. We could function even better with a cheaper Josh Childress signed. What we don't have to do is pay Marvin 8+ Million and watch him give us this same type of play for the next 4-5 years. I know we can do better. Sund knows that we can do better. Note that I am talking about price and impact.

Dodging my question with a "dodge accusation"?

Uhm...

Read my sig please...

Again, how much are you willing to resign Marvin for?

LOL @ answering a question with a question and accusing me of dodging. Typical Diesel move.

You were the one who accused people on here of acting like Marvin was a star. SO WHO ARE THESE MYSTERY PEOPLE THAT ARE SO SICKENING TO YOU?

However, it is sickening to see you guys constantly acting as if Marvin is some star level player.
Edited by exodus

• Premium Member
Marvin is really efficient. We all know the Smoove can't play the 3 spot if his life depended on it. The only way we move Marvin is if we move JJ to the 3 and get another shooting guard.

And what you mentioned makes a whole lot more sense than Resigning Marvin for 8+ Million. Hell, we can sign flip and trade Acie/Morris for Deshawn Stevenson and do just fine. Or we can trade Speedy/Acie for Mike Miller. Then use Marvin in a SNT to get something we need like Hinrich. Joe plays 3 far better than Marvin can.

• Premium Member
LOL @ answering a question with a question and accusing me of dodging. Typical Diesel move.

You were the one who accused people on here of acting like Marvin was a star. SO WHO ARE THESE MYSTERY PEOPLE THAT ARE SO SICKENING TO YOU?

The sickening people are the ones who say that Marvin ought to be automatically resigned (some even saying 10 million per) without thinking about the fact that he does not impact the game ONE IOTA. ANd yes you are lumped into that group. That's what sickens me... that and your constant feeble excuse of this non-impact player... Between your excusing him, saying he should be resigned and Dolfan/AHF constantly making excuses because he's only "22" but conveniently forgetting that he has been a starting Sf (easiest position to play) for the last 3 years... I don't know what's more sickening.

So again... now that your silly obvious question is answer... will you still dodge mine??

How much are you willing to give Marvin on the re-sign??

I thnk you have one more evade before you resort to insults...

The sickening people are the ones who say that Marvin ought to be automatically resigned (some even saying 10 million per) without thinking about the fact that he does not impact the game ONE IOTA. ANd yes you are lumped into that group. That's what sickens me... that and your constant feeble excuse of this non-impact player... Between your excusing him, saying he should be resigned and Dolfan/AHF constantly making excuses because he's only "22" but conveniently forgetting that he has been a starting Sf (easiest position to play) for the last 3 years... I don't know what's more sickening.

So again... now that your silly obvious question is answer... will you still dodge mine??

How much are you willing to give Marvin on the re-sign??

I thnk you have one more evade before you resort to insults...

So now you have decided to make up another lie. WHERE DID I SAY THAT MARVIN SHOULD BE AUTOMATICALLY RESIGNED?

And where are these excuses that i am allegedly making for Marvin?

Edited by exodus

evade.jpg

So are you going to ever explain the lies you have made? Who are these people who are constantly acting like Marvin is a star? Where did i say Marvin should automatically be resigned? Where are these excuses i am making for Marvin.

there is a word for people like you.

L I A R