• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

There is a Greek Fro playing some nice BB

Brotha2ThaNite

• Moderators
Have you been watching him play this year?

Man, how easy it is to forget a guy who once shot 52% from the field(57% his last season with us), 36% 3pt, over 80% FT shooter, avg. more offense REBs then Zaza did this year, the same amount of total REBs as KING ZAZA, and over 1 steal a game. :hush:

I guess being able to learn a deferent style can only hurt him more then help his game too. :newspaper:

I didn't say he couldn't help us. I said he wasn't a PG, he couldn't create his own shot, and he can't stretch a defense from the perimeter. Those things don't mean we couldn't use him or that he can't be a very useful player on a good team. They just are recognition of who he is.

(From the shorter 3pt line, Childress shot 15.8% in euroleague play and 32.1% in Greek-league play. That amounts to a combined 27.7% from the shorter Euro 3pt range. So while I haven't watched his play, the numbers are pretty compelling that Josh Childress remains essentially who he was when he left us as far as his perimeter shooting.)

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cntry...;PlayerID=31080

Edited by AHF

Panathinaikos just won the fourth game with 94-81 and is now the greek champion. Childress played 35 minutes, had 10 points (1-8 2FG, 0-2 3FG, 8-8 FT), 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 1 turnover and 5 fouls.

Edited by BigDirty

• Premium Member
Panathinaikos just won the fourth game with 94-81 and is now the greek champion. Childress played 35 minutes, had 10 points (1-8 2FG, 0-2 3FG, 8-8 FT), 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 1 turnover and 5 fouls.

It's hard to know how to take those numbers. Over here, they STINK, but NBA execs have drafted players with those types of stat lines in the lottery!

My guess is Childress is a sunken cost. If the Hawks can't trade his rights away (I don't think he'll come to a contract agreement of his liking with another team) this offseason they'll likely have to renounce his rights in 2010 and move on.

I don't see why they would have to renounce his rights, that would actually be a foolish move on the Hawks part. The only reason to renounce his rights would be if the Hawks wanted to make a run at a free agent with Cap Space. I don't think we are going to see Cap Space anytime soon with the currently constructed team.

• Premium Member
(From the shorter 3pt line, Childress shot 15.8% in euroleague play and 32.1% in Greek-league play. That amounts to a combined 27.7% from the shorter Euro 3pt range. So while I haven't watched his play, the numbers are pretty compelling that Josh Childress remains essentially who he was when he left us as far as his perimeter shooting.)

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cntry...;PlayerID=31080

Very misleading.

Chillz only shot 19 3pters in Euroleague play. He also shot 53% from the field in Euroleague play.

In Greek League play, he's hitting 67% of his 2 pt FGs and 32.1% of his 3 pt FG%. If he was in the NBA, somebody would be drooling for that.

• Moderators
Very misleading.

Chillz only shot 19 3pters in Euroleague play. He also shot 53% from the field in Euroleague play.

In Greek League play, he's hitting 67% of his 2 pt FGs and 32.1% of his 3 pt FG%. If he was in the NBA, somebody would be drooling for that.

His 32.1% from a shorter 3pt line in play against inferior Greek players wouldn't make anyone drool as far as perimeter shooting goes.

The overall FG% was just fine in both leagues and is consistent with his FG% in the NBA. Very desirable regardless of the league but limited because he doesn't create shots or stretch the D.

Chillz is a very smart, very efficient player who can very effectively fit his niche. He will be desired by a lot of teams if he ever becomes an unrestricted free agent.

• Premium Member
His 32.1% from a shorter 3pt line in play against inferior Greek players wouldn't make anyone drool as far as perimeter shooting goes.

The overall FG% was just fine in both leagues and is consistent with his FG% in the NBA. Very desirable regardless of the league but limited because he doesn't create shots or stretch the D.

Chillz is a very smart, very efficient player who can very effectively fit his niche. He will be desired by a lot of teams if he ever becomes an unrestricted free agent.

The league is more physical than ours and he's a better FG% Shooter there than he was here. People would drool over that.

The league is more physical than ours and he's a better FG% Shooter there than he was here. People would drool over that.

must people who do not watch their style have no clue. Their style is very physical pretty much like the old school NBA style but at a very slow pace. That's why you do not see many players score over 15 pts. They really play the bench to over there making minutes hard to come by.

Chillz will get the money he wants in the NBA if the Hawks do let him go. His percentage shooting and rebs is starting lineup quality. Remember he was the NBA TRUE 6th MAN. He got beat out by two guys who started must of the 2007-2008 year.

• Moderators

Is this you agreeing that Chillz did not show that he was someone who would stretch NBA defenses from his Euro play?

I am not knocking his NBA or Euro play. Both are fully consistent with the player he is. He was a desirable NBA player last year and he is a desirable NBA player now.

No one should confuse him for someone who creates shots against NBA players or stretches NBA defenses, though. That just isn't his game.