• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Cap situation practically demands we lose a starter

sturt

Which starter goes?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

In a perfect, fantasy world, we would be able to hold onto our assets and just accumulate more, without any worries about salary caps.

But alas, that's just not the case.

If you're like me, you've got an Excel spreadsheet where you've played with the numbers, and have tried to diagnose Sund's best options. But one quickly arrives at the conclusion that there are so many moving parts at work here that it's almost too much to try to assess realistically.

Nonetheless, the one thing that does appear almost certain is that the starting 5 of 08-09 will not be intact for 09-10.

So, I pose the question... who do we lose, based on what you thnk you know about the void that that player would leave versus the possibility to improve the roster in that player's absence...?

:question:

Just looking at the title of the thread my mind jumped imediately to Bibby. I mean faced with the cap I would hope the decision between age, price, defense, cheaper options in FAcy and the draft that the obvious decision for Sund would be letting Bibby go. But then again I'm a Hawks fan so wonders...eh blunders* never cease.

• Premium Member
Not this year, it doesn't.

I should have said, I guess, that I'm presuming we want to have a credible bench... and it's difficult to accomplish that w/o giving up a starter. I'm not looking for an argument on that front but the numbers are the numbers. And ASG is ASG. And the economy is the economy. Put all that together, and it is what it is. If nothing else, humor me, and just ignore this thread or vote.

• Moderators

Bib-bye!

Unless he luvs ATL enough to bring his annual salary below $9.5 mill per year... and be somebody's handsomely-paid backup within three seasons.

If Marvin can't accept the QO salary then he's outta here too.

~lw3