• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Celtics shopping Allen and Rondo

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...ing-allen-rondo

I was pretty shocked to see this, what could they want in return?

Rondo AND Allen...Hmmm. It is a Truth and Rumors forum. Rumors may be dominating this post. I understand trying to get younger, and I understand Allen being on the block...but Rondo???? I can't see the Celts parting with Rondo and Allen unless they we're getting a Wade/CP3 type caliber of player...

I don think they will get what they want in return if this is true. Paul comes to mind but I cant see NO taking on Ray Allen and Rondo isnt near as good as Paul. Where would Ray Allen make any sense? Certainly not on a young team or a rebuilding team. Maybe Denver? SA?

I don think they will get what they want in return if this is true. Paul comes to mind but I cant see NO taking on Ray Allen and Rondo isnt near as good as Paul. Where would Ray Allen make any sense? Certainly not on a young team or a rebuilding team. Maybe Denver? SA?

JR Smith?????

I could understand New Orleans actually taking the deal. Allen is an expiring which would give them cap relief that they desperately need and Rondo is a young point that's much cheaper and could offset some of Paul's production. It would be a hard decision but it certainly works for both sides.

I could understand New Orleans actually taking the deal. Allen is an expiring which would give them cap relief that they desperately need and Rondo is a young point that's much cheaper and could offset some of Paul's production. It would be a hard decision but it certainly works for both sides.

I dont know how you can explain to your fans that you just traded Chris Paul for Rondo and cap space when they know your running the team on the cheap so you wont use your cap space anyway. Not to mention that if Rondo does prove he is a player on his own without the big 3 then he will certainly want a nice deal in 2 years anyway.

I dont know how you can explain to your fans that you just traded Chris Paul for Rondo and cap space when they know your running the team on the cheap so you wont use your cap space anyway. Not to mention that if Rondo does prove he is a player on his own without the big 3 then he will certainly want a nice deal in 2 years anyway.

Because NOLA is not in a situation of being cheap they are in a situation where they are small market team playing in a city with no infrastructure and will be paying the dollar for dollar luxury tax. They can't afford it yet alone for two more years. Unlike other owners George Shinn's primary source of income is the Hornets.

To match Allen's large contract he could get rid of one of his other poor contracts be it Chandler or Peja at the expense of Paul. He'd recieve a player that proved be the third member in "big 3" by averaging a triple double in the playoffs. He'd also recieve an All-Star in Allen to offset some ticket loses and best part, his contract comes off the books in a season and the Hornets would go from being 10 mill over the cap to having 20 mil in savings before deciding to extend Rondo past teh QO.

He's in a tough position but Shinn has shown that he picks business over talent.

I agree that Rondo is quickly becoming one of the best pg's in this league...the guy is a triple double threat nightly. That being said, there is no way in hell the Hornets would trade cp3 for him. When its all said and done, cp3 will be one of the top 5 pg's to ever play the game. I'm not sure if the Celts even really want to move Rondo..I used to love this time of year when people discuss various scenario's but its just turned into such garbage the last 4 or 5 years.

I agree that Rondo is quickly becoming one of the best pg's in this league...the guy is a triple double threat nightly. That being said, there is no way in hell the Hornets would trade cp3 for him. When its all said and done, cp3 will be one of the top 5 pg's to ever play the game. I'm not sure if the Celts even really want to move Rondo..I used to love this time of year when people discuss various scenario's but its just turned into such garbage the last 4 or 5 years.

You mean like scenario's in which the Hawks acquire Kobe or LeBron? :no-no:

But the reason why I think a deal like this would work is yea CP3 could be the top pg of this era but Rondo Has shown that he could be in the top 5 of that discussion. The Celtics get a obvious upgrade but the Hornets get a slight downgrade and cap relief. They have no choice in the matter, they don't have nearly enough talent to package with those bad deals and are too successful as is to get a high draft pick. The Hornets will not win a championship as currently constructed and could be utterly bankrupt in 2 years just waiting these deals out. A deal like this saves them in the short run and gives them a rebuilding block in addition to cap space to start their future around.

• Premium Member
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...ing-allen-rondo

I was pretty shocked to see this, what could they want in return?

It seems the Celtics are willing to package Rajon Rondo with Allen to make the right deal happen.

IF this were at all true....

I'm pushing: Joe & Mo for Allen and Rondo

I love Joe and I know that Joe + Pierce + KG = Possible Championship... But I would resign Rondo and have... Rondo, Josh, and Horf as our future...

I would find a way to trade up for Tyreke Evans.

All we would need is a three point threat at Sf and off the bench.

However, I really do not believe that the Cs would give up Rondo!! That's BS.

• Premium Member

The guy is a triple threat playing next to KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen!! Rondo showed none of this ability in college.

for what it is worth, this rumor started when a radio station in phoenix said that the suns were considering trading Amare for Allen and Rondo.

Now you tell the likelihood of this being true based on that.

This is nothing more than a random radio guy in phoenix trying to fill dead air.

Source: Rondo Not On Block, Some Minor Discussions On Allen

realgm

Jun 05, 2009 2:47 PM EST

Rumors that Rajon Rondo was put on the block by the Boston Celtics seemed to be message board fodder and sources say the report is not true.

"Can he be frustrating at times? Absolutely. But no one is ready to give up on him," a Celtics source said.

"Whoever put the Rondo rumors out there obviously works for someone other than the Celtics."

The source said that the Celtics may have had some "very minor" conversations about Allen, "but he's not likely going anywhere, either."

He concluded, "My guess is some other team talked to (the Celtics), mentioned Ray in passing, and then the other team took it to people throughout the league who accepted it as gospel. That's how these things get started, and now Danny is going to have to get out there and refute all this stuff that he really had nothing to do with.

"Does the team need some tweaking? Most definitely. But there is no panic around here, and trading Rajon and Ray would be a panic move. That's why it's so absurd."

Via ProBasketballNews

Boston Celtics

The guy is a triple threat playing next to KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen!! Rondo showed none of this ability in college.

Actually I believe there were a few game when Rondo was at Kentucky and grabbed like 20+boards and double digit assists as well...so yes I agree that nobody knew he would have this kind of impact but he did show a tiny glimpse of it.

He could have been ours...:-(

post-2464-1244240420_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spud2Nique