• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Antoine Walker is in the best shape he's been in years

NJHAWK

Per realgm.com. Now thats a guy we can use off the bench for some post scoring. Should be able to sign him pretty cheap too. Maybe after all the real work Sund has to do with the roster is done we cn bring him in for a workout to see if this is true. The guy can score in the post, just keep him away from the 3 point line.

Edited by NJHAWK

Per realgm.com. Now thats a guy we can use off the bench for some post scoring. Should be able to sign him pretty cheap too. Maybe after all the real work Sund has to do with the roster is done we cn bring him in for a workout to see if this is true. The guy can score in the post, just keep him away from the 3 point line.

God it pained me to see him in a Hawks jersey chucking the ball every few seconds.

BUT, if he's figured out how to calm down, and realized he's not a #1, #2, or even #3 scoring option, I'd be up for it.

Him being in his best shape in years doesn't necessarily mean he is in good shape...

as for his game, if he hated playing in the post when he was young and more athletic, I doubt he would want to play that way now.

God it pained me to see him in a Hawks jersey chucking the ball every few seconds.

BUT, if he's figured out how to calm down, and realized he's not a #1, #2, or even #3 scoring option, I'd be up for it.

He is not a half bad rebounder either. Im not saying lets knock on his door at midnight on July 1st but maybe we can pick him up late to add a vet to the roster, like we did with Flip.

Him being in his best shape in years doesn't necessarily mean he is in good shape...

as for his game, if he hated playing in the post when he was young and more athletic, I doubt he would want to play that way now.

I don't see where he would fit in, if we the roster stayed closely to what it is today. We already have the scoring and shot attempts of the bench with Flip. We all now we don't need another PF that floats around the 3 pt line, albeit primarily. Walker was a liability on defense when he was younger, let alone now, in shape or not. I'd rather keep Othello and/or Solo for that matter get those minutes if it were just for rebounding purposes.

Besides, we've been down the road before with him. Let's not dig up the past. When Toine' was here, not good times - keep those memories buried, IMO.

We can get him for Speedy and Mo.

Plus, he's in the last year of his deal.

Why does GS do that trade if if his deal is expireing like Speedy and Mo? I mean Al is better than those 2. Walker should come real cheap and on a 1 year deal. I like Al for post offense but 10 mil? Also to buckeye I know when Walker was here things were real, real bad but you cant blame that on him. Besides he is just some vet scoring and rebounding off the bench.

If we're going to go for retreads, I say we go after Al Harrington. We can problem get him for Speedy and Mo. He's cheap. He's a definite post player.

If it's retreads we're looking at why not go after Rasheed. He's cheaper than Al better than 'Toine, can shoot just as good as both of them, can score in the post and oh yea he plays defense.

• Premium Member
If it's retreads we're looking at why not go after Rasheed. He's cheaper than Al better than 'Toine, can shoot just as good as both of them, can score in the post and oh yea he plays defense.

I wouldn't be against it.. but isn't he retiring? Er, Joining the Cavs.

Edited by Diesel

I wouldn't be against it.. but isn't he retiring? Er, Joining the Cavs.

There was a rumor that he would retire unless he could get a 3 year deal at 8mill per. Crazy yes but that is still 2 mill cheaper than trading for Al.

The Cleveland rumor, I suspect, stems from the fact Howard embarassed their frontline and 'Sheed has a history of embarassing Howard. This is another reason why I think we should look into 'Sheed because he has a history of keeping our division rival in check.