• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Looking at the slop Rick Sund drafted in Seattle, trading pick 19 is our best option

NJHAWK

I like the idea of packaging Speedy pick 19 and maybe a filler or two to get a proven veteran player for this team. Its not that I dont think drafting young players is a good idea but when you consider Sunds draft record it really is the way to go. I hope the trade doesnt go down till draft night so we have the excitement and wonder that comes leading up to the pick but then they trade. I love draft night and draft parties :beer:

Edited by NJHAWK

I thought Sund's draft record is fairly mixed. No real superstar, but some nice NBA players. He had a string of busts in the big men run over his last 3 drafts, but before that he made some OK picks.

What is important about picking at 19 is that this is a cheap, but relatively talented guy. Picks in this area of the draft develop a strong bench for very little money. This is why good teams use late picks to develop depth. That depth gets teams to the NBA finals.

I thought Sund's draft record is fairly mixed. No real superstar, but some nice NBA players. He had a string of busts in the big men run over his last 3 drafts, but before that he made some OK picks.

What is important about picking at 19 is that this is a cheap, but relatively talented guy. Picks in this area of the draft develop a strong bench for very little money. This is why good teams use late picks to develop depth. That depth gets teams to the NBA finals.

Well Sekou hinted that the Hawks were trying to decide between hopeing the guy they deem worthy of pick 19 falls to them or trading the pick 19, Speedy and other assets ( Anderon? Law? ) for a vet point guard. This could mean that either they dont see Bibby here because of his age or how much money he wants. Bibby has been here long enough where it is safe to assume that Sund and his agent have had some talks about what he is looking for in an extension. These talks could have led Sund to pursue trades for a vet point that will be cheaper thqan Bibby and save us money that way. I dont have much faith in Sund getting us a quality player in the draft or at least anything more than our 9th or 10th guy.

I like the idea of packaging Speedy pick 19 and maybe a filler or two to get a proven veteran player for this team. Its not that I dont think drafting young players is a good idea but when you consider Sunds draft record it really is the way to go. I hope the trade doesnt go down till draft night so we have the excitement and wonder that comes leading up to the pick but then they trade. I love draft night and draft parties :beer:

I totally agree. Unless DeJuan Blair or Johnny Flynn freefalls in this draft, I want Sund to trade the pick. And I agree that Speedy should be part of the equation.

The team I'm looking squarely at, are the Clippers.

Send Speedy + 19th pick ( and a filler if necessary ) . . for Marcus Camby

We need some extra bodies on the frontline. Preferably a defensive and rebounding body. Camby is still an excellent rebounder, and he can block some shots. He's not the best on the ball defender in the world though.

Having said that, he'd be an immeadiate upgrade over Zaza on both offense and defense. He has an expiring contract, so if he doesn't work out, we could just simply let him go after the 2010 season.

Most important though, the Hawks ( if the Cavs make the move for Shaq ), are going to have to address the frontline. It's bad enough that we have to contend with Howard. Add Shaq to the East ( even at his age right now ), and that's just another major obstacle we'd have to overcoome in the playoffs.

TRADE THE PICK SUND !! GET US A VETERAN FRONTLINE PLAYER LIKE CAMBY !!

LOL @ calling Sund's picks slop while defending BK's picks.

:nono:

BK picks in the bottom of the draft are pretty good minus Salim.

BK had high second round picks every year and had nothing to show for them. He passed on a lot of guys who would have been a big help. He passed on Duhon twice to pick Ivey and Donta Smith. He could have picked Lou Williams, Monta, Milsap etc.

When you pick top 6 four straight years you should come up with at least one guy who could be an All-Star. BK completely struck out.

Edited by exodus