• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bibby looking for long expensive contract so Hawks will go after Sessions

NJHAWK

I read this in draft express.com's write up on the Hawks draft needs. Is almost word for word what the author wrote. I know we suspected this but its the 1st confirmation I have heard of it. I wonder if we could email Matt K. of draft express and ask if this is just rumor they heard or read or if its pretty reliable.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this in draft express.com's write up on the Hawks draft needs. Is almost word for word what the author wrote. I know we suspected this but its the 1st confirmation I have heard of it. I wonder if we could email Matt K. of draft express and ask if this is just rumor they heard or read or if its pretty reliable.

Could I have a link bro? Thanks.

Good news if true.

Could I have a link bro? Thanks.

Good news if true.

Go to draftexpress.com. click on the picture of Dwight Howard ( South East Division draft preview) and scroll down to read the write up on the Hawks

Well if its true we will have some comp for Sessions. You really have to wonder about the kid though. I mean if Mil lets him walk and drafts a point guard when Sessions is young as well that kind of scares me. I know he doesnt defend and cant shoot too well but he can score and dish. I wonder if he is a coaches nightmare or has some off the court issues?

I think this is just speculation...

Could be but you got to think that Bibby's agent and Sund have had discussions about what it would take to keep Bibby here sometime in the past year so maybe it leaked out. I really like Bibby here and want him to stay but if he is looking for the Sun, moon and stars at 31 with his best days behind him then we have to go in another direction.

Well if its true we will have some comp for Sessions. You really have to wonder about the kid though. I mean if Mil lets him walk and drafts a point guard when Sessions is young as well that kind of scares me. I know he doesnt defend and cant shoot too well but he can score and dish. I wonder if he is a coaches nightmare or has some off the court issues?

Would Milwaulkee having no money classify as an off the court issue? Actually having no money would be a coaches nightmare too.......

Would Milwaulkee having no money classify as an off the court issue? Actually having no money would be a coaches nightmare too.......

Then trade Luke to us ( I want no part of him ) but Sund loves him. I mean there are other deals you could make as well, even let Charlie V go if you must. Im not saying Sessions is a future starting or even star pg because I dont know, but if Mil thinks he is they wouldnt just let him walk. I just dont get letting him walk and drafting another rookie pg at pick 10 who is unproven if you think you have your future point already. Sessions shouldnt break the bank by any means.

Edited by NJHAWK

Then trade Luke to us ( I want no part of him ) but Sund loves him. I mean there are other deals you could make as well, even let Charlie V go if you must. Im not saying Sessions is a future starting or even star pg because I dont know, but if Mil thinks he is they wouldnt just let him walk. I just dont get letting him walk and drafting another rookie pg at pick 10 who is unproven if you think you have your future point already. Sessions shouldnt break the bank by any means.

Sessions may require full MLE, Villanueva will require a little more than that, they have 62mill in payroll not including either, the lux tax is 71mill, may decrease this season, they are a small market, their owner Senator Kohl's department stores have felt the crunch from the poor economy, he is not going to pay luxury tax for a non playoff team.

They don't want to let either walk but finances dictate otherwise, they just so happen to be in a position that they can replace either or both through the draft with Flynn/Blair being the best targets. Sessions is a good young point but when you are looking at comparable, cheaper talent in the draft and your team is practically rebuilding then that's the best route to go. It's not a matter that something is wrong with Sessions it's just not ideal for them to break the bank for him especially considering the number of teams that will be bidding for his services. So put your fears away.

well they did JUST give away an All-Star PG in Mo Williams last off-season

well they did JUST give away an All-Star PG in Mo Williams last off-season

Yes and when they traded MO almost every story in Mil written said " The Ramon Sessions era in Mil has begun" talking about the Bucks had enough faith that he would be the future for them so they could deal Mo. I guess the Sessions era will only last 1 year, lol.

I'd like to add one thing.

Just because Bibby's representation say they want a long expensive deal doesn't mean a team is going to offer that. If another team doesn't present that kind of offer to Bibby Atlanta can still resign him to a contract they're comfortable with.

I'd like to add one thing.

Just because Bibby's representation say they want a long expensive deal doesn't mean a team is going to offer that. If another team doesn't present that kind of offer to Bibby Atlanta can still resign him to a contract they're comfortable with.

don't ruin it for us lol

• Premium Member

I'm not so sure Sessions is an upgrade over Bibby. Whatever PG we go after will have to have some shooting ability AND some ghostly outline of defense or it will be a step backwards. I'm throwing price out of the window when I say that though because if Bibby does want a long term expensive contract at the age of 31, Sund will NOT bring him back. It would be nice to have him around though, but as a security blanket while we groom the PG of the future, whoever that may be. I just refuse to disregard the value of getting 15ppg and 5 apg from the PG position in the NBA.