• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks reportedly shopping Smoove

txsting

Nothing worse than a journalist talking out of his *ss. Trading Smoove for anyone not named, Bosh, Howard, Kobe, Lebron, CP3 or Carmelo is akin to the Nique trade. We would go from drawing 15,000 a night to 10,000....even if we won 60 games. In Atlanta you have to be good AND exciting.....ask the Braves.

We will never be as exciting as we can with dull Woody (on and off the court) on board.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sekou said smith is headed to las vegas to workout with the usa select team. What this does is it gives coaches and scouts a chance to look at smith in a new system which is not iso dominated. He said when Horford went over there last summer he amazed folks but asked "why doesnt he do that in the nba?"

• Premium Member

I don't think this city can handle losing Jeff Francoeur and Smoove in the same year. Suicide numbers will increase by 45-67% if both these guys are traded away.

I don't mind trading Smooth, provided it is a logical basketball move made to better the club. Given the ASG's current financial condition (which is open to public disclosure due to the court case) and the bone head decisions they've made in the past, I don't think logic and basketball driven decisions are their top priority. That is why I cringe at the thought of trading Josh. Unless it is Blake Griffen, I wouldn't trade a 23 year guy, who was our best player in the playoffs, for picks. Nor would I trade him for role players. If we're talking Chris Bosh (provided he'd sign an extension), I'm all for it. If we're talking Caron Butler/and a back up PG (for Smith and Speedy's contract), I might do it. However, I'm not doing it for 50 year old Marcus Camby or an unproven draft pick. That doesn't make good basketball sense.

Secondly, I wouldn't do it for somebody else's junk and yet keep Woody around. Honestly, in a player's league, you get rid of the coach first. That's unless the coach is Phil Jackson, Greg Popavich, or Jerry Sloan. Woody hasn't done jack that would make it a sensible move to trade a 23 year old talent (for somebody else's junk) and keep him. The reason I keep saying "some one else's junk" is because, other than the Ray Allen/Gary Payton trade, Rick Sund hasn't done ANYTHING...I repeat...ANYTHING...that would lead me to believe he's capable of making a franchise changing trade in the positive direction.

I don't mind trading Smooth, provided it is a logical basketball move made to better the club. Given the ASG's current financial condition (which is open to public disclosure due to the court case) and the bone head decisions they've made in the past, I don't think logic and basketball driven decisions are their top priority. That is why I cringe at the thought of trading Josh. Unless it is Blake Griffen, I wouldn't trade a 23 year guy, who was our best player in the playoffs, for picks. Nor would I trade him for role players. If we're talking Chris Bosh (provided he'd sign an extension), I'm all for it. If we're talking Caron Butler/and a back up PG (for Smith and Speedy's contract), I might do it. However, I'm not doing it for 50 year old Marcus Camby or an unproven draft pick. That doesn't make good basketball sense.

Secondly, I wouldn't do it for somebody else's junk and yet keep Woody around. Honestly, in a player's league, you get rid of the coach first. That's unless the coach is Phil Jackson, Greg Popavich, or Jerry Sloan. Woody hasn't done jack that would make it a sensible move to trade a 23 year old talent (for somebody else's junk) and keep him. The reason I keep saying "some one else's junk" is because, other than the Ray Allen/Gary Payton trade, Rick Sund hasn't done ANYTHING...I repeat...ANYTHING...that would lead me to believe he's capable of making a franchise changing trade in the positive direction.

I agree we shouldn't trade him for junk or any old players but if we can get a young veteran that can make us better and a lotto pick we'd have to consider it.

Regarding Sund, how often has he attempted to make a franchise changing trade? Has there been one outside of Ray Allen? That should give you some caution to believing these rumors since his history has shown that he isn't a blockbuster trade kind of guy (at least from my memory).

• Premium Member
I don't think this city can handle losing Jeff Francoeur and Smoove in the same year. Suicide numbers will increase by 45-67% if both these guys are traded away.

That's unfair of you to lump Smith in with Francoeur. :hush:

Regarding Sund, how often has he attempted to make a franchise changing trade? Has there been one outside of Ray Allen? That should give you some caution to believing these rumors since his history has shown that he isn't a blockbuster trade kind of guy (at least from my memory).

None that I know of.

In 05-06 he traded V. Radmanovich for Chris Wilcox. I would love to get Wilcox for some crap like Radmanovich now.

I'm fine with moving smith provided it either allows us to get hortford playing the 4 where I think he would flourish or provides us with a starting PG because unless Bibby gives us a discount hes going to be way overpaid next season...let someone else overpay him...my fear is that we have topped out with the talent we have and the coach we have...some change has to be made and our areas of need are at the 1 and 5...if we have to move Smith or Johnson to address that need we have got other talent at their positions to ease the blow.

I'm fine with moving smith provided it either allows us to get hortford playing the 4 where I think he would flourish or provides us with a starting PG because unless Bibby gives us a discount hes going to be way overpaid next season...let someone else overpay him...my fear is that we have topped out with the talent we have and the coach we have...some change has to be made and our areas of need are at the 1 and 5...if we have to move Smith or Johnson to address that need we have got other talent at their positions to ease the blow.

I don't get why some of you are obsessed with moving Smoove just so Horford can play the 4. We have absolutely no evidence that Horford will be an allstar playing the 4. Hell if that was the case all this time that MArvin was hurt they could have started Zaza and played Horford at the 4 and we would have magically seen 20/10 games. The point is that Smoove is a better 4 than Horford ever will be and the only reason to move Horford to the 4 is that we found a center who is a better center than Horford is and move Smoove to the 3.

But if you think that having a Gortat, Horford, Marvin frontline or a Camby, Marvin, Horford front line will somehow get us in to ECF, you are insane.

I don't get why some of you are obsessed with moving Smoove just so Horford can play the 4. We have absolutely no evidence that Horford will be an allstar playing the 4. Hell if that was the case all this time that MArvin was hurt they could have started Zaza and played Horford at the 4 and we would have magically seen 20/10 games. The point is that Smoove is a better 4 than Horford ever will be and the only reason to move Horford to the 4 is that we found a center who is a better center than Horford is and move Smoove to the 3.

But if you think that having a Gortat, Horford, Marvin frontline or a Camby, Marvin, Horford front line will somehow get us in to ECF, you are insane.

Exactly. Horford has shown very little on offense, and people act as if he'll magically turn into a scoring machine if you switch him to the 4. It's just insane.

agreed...