• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

More Ford

AHF

• Moderators

Brookes (Washington, DC) What do you expect to be the asking price for Josh Smith?

Chad Ford A little cap relief so they can sign all of their other free agents like Marvin Williams, Mike Bibby, Zaza Pachulia, Josh Childress and Ronald Murray.The problem is that teams don't want to pay his trade kicker which is $7.2 million (not the $6 million I reported yesterday)

Brookes (Washington, DC) What do you expect to be the asking price for Josh Smith?

Chad Ford A little cap relief so they can sign all of their other free agents like Marvin Williams, Mike Bibby, Zaza Pachulia, Josh Childress and Ronald Murray.The problem is that teams don't want to pay his trade kicker which is $7.2 million (not the $6 million I reported yesterday)

So, in other words...our leftovers are better than the main course.

I don't believe the ASG would even attempt to sale this to the fans. I just can't believe this...

That better not be true. The team would be much better off dumping one of those other guys - none are as good as Smith.

• Premium Member
There is no way that they would trade him for cap relief and it's not like he could provide any cap relief this year anyway so I have to say this is absolute BS

Even in the 0.0001% chance it's not, nothing will happen between now and the draft anyway.

I'm more interested in what will happen to Claxton and the 19th.

Even in the 0.0001% chance it's not, nothing will happen between now and the draft anyway.

I'm more interested in what will happen to Claxton and the 19th.

Nothing "official" could happen anyway. His BYC status will be over on July 1st right? If that's the case then there could be an agreed upon deal before hand that won't become official until July 1st and another team would draft for us and I'm sure we'd know about it prior to the draft.

They're going to trade Smith to keep role players? huh? Childress don't even play for the ***kin team anymore.

Edited by AHF

They're going to trade Smith to keep role players? huh? Childress don't even play for the ***kin team anymore.

This franchise is a freaking joke. You trade the team poster promo home kid for cap space? I am laughing because I don't want to cry. Mike Woodson is your coach. You are trying to give away your 1st round pick because all you can do with it is make a bad pick. What an incredible bunch of incompetant aholes.

Hawk88

This franchise is a freaking joke. You trade the team poster promo home kid for cap space? I am laughing because I don't want to cry. Mike Woodson is your coach. You are trying to give away your 1st round pick because all you can do with it is make a bad pick. What an incredible bunch of incompetant aholes.

Hawk88

BUMP!! :beer:

• Premium Member
You know how much it would suck if all of Chad Ford's comments about the Hawks actually came true?

These rumors CAN"T be true. No organization is that bad. I mean Sterling purposely ran the Clippers on the cheap for YEARS and constantly screwed up lottery picks but they didn't make decisions this bad. Add to that the fact that we won 47 games and made it to the second round last season makes these rumors sound even more far fetched. I absolutely refuse to believe that we are about to blow this team up after the improvement we've made and after all of those awful seasons. I think Chad Ford, much like Charles barkley with his JJ vs. Smoove garbage, is just talking out of his you-know-what with no regard for the consequences.

Edited by hawkman

• Premium Member

I don't know if I can watch the Hawks until the current ownership is gone or makes a radical change if they do in fact trade Smoove for nothing but cap space. If you were a free agent why would you even think of signing with a team like that? It makes no sense. Trading Smoove for either a big man or a franchise point guard, that I can see, but not just for cap relief.

I don't know if I can watch the Hawks until the current ownership is gone or makes a radical change if they do in fact trade Smoove for nothing but cap space. If you were a free agent why would you even think of signing with a team like that? It makes no sense. Trading Smoove for either a big man or a franchise point guard, that I can see, but not just for cap relief.

Sund and the ASG are not this dumb.

I think Ford is painting the wrong picture with the whole cap relief arguement. I do believe Sund is checking to see if there is a deal too good to pass up for Smoove...........I do not believe Smoove is being shopped in a salary dump move for one second. Especially considering he was just resigned last season and was our best performer, by far, throught the playoffs.

• Moderators

Remember that Ford is the guy who said that Darko was a credible first pick over Lebron and an obvious higher pick than Dwayne Wade. He said Darko was more ready for the NBA because James played against HS kids while Darko "played against a much higher level of competition."

In the same draft, he had Pavel and Lampe going in the top 10.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/3667

Kevin Toronto Any Insider information on the Raptors' workout with Pavel yesterday?

Chad Ford He's in the mix for them at four along with Chris Bosh, T. J. Ford and Chris Kaman. I think Ford is a no-brainer for them, but I've been actually hearing over the past day or so that they're leaning toward Bosh.

Greg (Miami) I saw that Ford worked out for the Heat. Any word on how that went, and if Riley would take him at 5? Are they basically looking at either Ford, Bosh, or Podkolzine. If so, who will be available at that spot and who would you take? Thanks

Chad Ford The Heat are in a tough position. They need help now and Ford is the only guy on the board than can deliver it. I hear they aren't as high on him as other because of his defensive lapses. They like Bosh. Pavel's probably too big of a project. Kaman is another possibility. Also don't rule out Maciej Lampe here. Fundamentally, he's there. He just has to get more experience.

Keelan (Eugene OR) What do you think that Knicks should do with their pick? I know that they need size but do you think that they are better off with Lampe, Sweetney, or Kaman?

Chad Ford I think Podkolzine has the most upside here, but it means that the Knicks would have to be patient, I'm not sure they're capable of that. Lampe also has a big upside and would be a nice fit. Kaman and especially Sweetney provide a more immediate impact. They don't need Sweetney however, they already have the quota of underisized power forwards. I can't see them letting Kaman slip through their fingers if he falls to No. 9.

Justin (Detroit)

If you could pick 3 breakout players of next year, who do you think they would be?

Chad Ford

1. LeBron. He's on the right team to do it and despite the hype, he has the skills.2. Carmelo. If he's in Denver, he's going to put up big numbers.3. Mickael Pietrus. I think people will be shocked by how far along this kid is. He's got the chance to suprise a lot of people if he's on the right team.

Over Bosh and Wade, among others.

Here are his fantastic draft grades:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nbadraft/d03/story?id=1573414

Pistons: - Darko Milicic (2), - Carlos Delfino, - Andres Gliniadakis: A+

Knicks: - Mike Sweetney (9), Maciej Lampe, - Slavko Vranes: A-

Cleveland: - Lebron James (1), - Jason Kapono: A-

Toronto Raptors: - Chris Bosh (4), - Matt Bonner: B+

Mavericks: - Josh Howard (29): B

Hornets: - David West (18), - James Lang: C+

Trailblazers: - Travis Outlaw (23), - Nedzad Sinanovic: C-