• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

JB's realistic Hawks offseason

Johnnybravo4

AHF. Flip is worth that much because he is the only one on this team, JJ included, who tries to take the team on his shoulders when facing adversity. Flip is fearless and you need that type of guy on your team. Besides, his salary would make him an excellent candidate for a midseason trade should we need to do one.

The reason I want Jack on this team is that he would improve us dramatically on the defensive end. No longer could our guards get posted up by the Delonte West's of the world. His size and defense alone would improve our team.

As far as the cap goes. Salary Cap, Smallory Cap! All this crap about cap holds and bird rights only apply to bad teams. Teams that are top 4 in a conference find ways to get it done. Do you think that Cleveland in trying to trade for Shaq is worried about trade kickers and crap? They just get the deal done. This is why GM's get paid millions per year. If they can't figure it out then they should resort to being message board posters or journalists.

• Moderators

I do strongly disagree on Flip. The only reason he was so effective last year is that he dramatically increased his shooting efficiency. He is overly aggressive which is fine when he is scoring highly efficiently but I look at his track record and in my head I hear:

"one of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong..."

2008-09 .543 TS%

2007-08 .483 TS%

2006-07 .474 TS%

2005-06 .487 TS%

• Premium Member
I do strongly disagree on Flip. The only reason he was so effective last year is that he dramatically increased his shooting efficiency. He is overly aggressive which is fine when he is scoring highly efficiently but I look at his track record and in my head I hear:

"one of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong..."

2008-09 .543 TS%

2007-08 .483 TS%

2006-07 .474 TS%

2005-06 .487 TS%

Yeah, I've never been a big fan of Flip. He's either on or off, and many times he's off. He sucked in the playoffs this year also. There is no reason at all to give him 6 million per.

You will if we draft anyone other than Maynor, Mullins or Hansboro

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I cannot wait for next week.