• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The essential post on Marvin and Josh Smith.

Wurider05

If you think that Josh Smith is going to start crashing the offensive boards with the effort of lets say ZaZa you are sadly mistaken. Josh Smith is just not as Diesel would say " aggressive enough". As for the defensive boards he thinks a "box out" is the style of hair his dad had when he is holding Smoove in his baby pictures.

Don't expect him to close out on a jump shooting big man either. Don't tell me Josh gives more effort than Marvin. Maybe he gives more effort at doing what he wants to do (dunk on fast breaks, block shots, get steals, spin moves, dangerous passes), but he doesn't give consistent effort to the rest of the game.

Edited by BossTweed

I got this off of the blog on the ajc. This guy nailed it. How can anyone argue with this.

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/200.../#comment-22519

]RealSquawk

[June 17th, 2009

10:43 pm

niremetal,

thank-you

I still don’t understand why people can’t see that Marvin is the guy you keep. You don’t trade away people improve something like he did over the summer, you don’t trade away someone who plays his role Mike Woodson asks for 15 to 16 and thats what you get. When he asked for 20 plus even though it was only needed twice you got the 20 plus and you got it in a more productive way then Joe.

Come on Josh Smith vs. Marvin Williams. One gets you out of your seat and the other plays basketball. One has a focus issue the other always comes to play shot going down or not. They both graduated the same year from high school one has been in the league a year longer, but who is more solid of a basketball player??? Who has the pass four summers working on his dribbling and his jump shot and his post moves with NBA stars? And who spent a summer working on his three point range? Who came back with those skill improved? Who has potential?

Ill say it again why trade either? But if you are going to trade someone please make it the person who can get us something that will get us out of the semi finals. Caron however so exciting isn’t going to get it done. Cause guess what? We got a small forward and guess what he is young? Wait isn’t that reason you all still have hope for Josh.

Do we go by age or years in the league. Because I thought years in the league were more important, but somebody knows how to play a season with a little consistency and someone knows how to come to play.

You want to talk about potential? Let’s look at it like this. One guy we are hoping can bring it all together (we fail to mention he has no post game, he can’t dribble, he doesn’t listen, and he makes bad decisions) that’s a lot to put together. And the other well the other lets see hmmm. needs to be more assertive? Or do you mean he needs to be more exciting? Think about it before you answer?

Assertive adjustment vs. learning how to play basketball.

By the way when you say someone needs to be more assertive you are saying they got the tools lets get him the ball more( something not in his control unless he wants to whine and pout like a little Smi I mean kid) .Period. When you say you are waiting for someone to get some post moves learn not to dribble up the court which i completely blame on the Antione Walker experiment and come to play or at least bring something to table every game it’s not a question of who you keep. Its a question of how long do you give the other guy?

Trade Marvin for what? ????????

And just going off PER I don’t like using stats, but I will through this one out there

Josh SMith for his position 19

Marvin Williams for his 13

If you take out the guys who played less than 60 games Josh moves to 15

Marvin Williams moves to 9

Just a stat or culmination of efficiency.

and MArk i was serious about you coming up with some grand trade Josh Smith scenario. It would be so much more relevant. Trade MArvin what are you trying to do take the heat off you boy?

MARVIN TRADE MARVIN?

Marvin is a bust to me. Top 3 pick and all he gives you is a lousy 13 points and 5 rebounds? Marvin Williams is an expendable player. He couldn't get Caron Butler back in a trade anyway. A decent starter like Al.... But these guys were drafted in the top 5 and don't give the production they should give.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

If you think that Josh Smith is going to start crashing the offensive boards with the effort of lets say ZaZa you are sadly mistaken. Josh Smith is just not as Diesel would say " aggressive enough". As for the defensive boards he thinks a "box out" is the style of hair his dad had when he is holding Smoove in his baby pictures.

Who has Smooves baby pics? Seriously, that could be funny s***....