rick sund on 790 the zone

Wurider05

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
If we move up at the fifth spot and pick Stephen Curry, I'll be f***ing pissed.

Wha???? I think he'll be great in the league and downright scary paired with JJ in the backcourt. Right now, he's looking like the overall 2nd best player in this draft. I know this draft is a bit weak, but Curry has real deal type talent that fits in with what we need right now.

• Premium Member
Wha???? I think he'll be great in the league and downright scary paired with JJ in the backcourt. Right now, he's looking like the overall 2nd best player in this draft. I know this draft is a bit weak, but Curry has real deal type talent that fits in with what we need right now.

I don't know. I like Curry. I agree that paired with Joe he could be very good. The problem is that Curry has a slow release. You usually overcome this by setting picks.. Well we don't have any pick setters on our team. Curry would have to master the step back three which I have seen him do. Honestly, NY is a perfect fit for him.

If we were to get 5th, I would want either Teague or Curry. The one intangible about Curry is that his father played in the league and they are close.

Now how long before Dale Ellis Jr. comes out??

If we move up at the fifth spot and pick Stephen Curry, I'll be f***ing pissed.

Amen to that. We've got a ton of player on the team that need help creating "their shot."

How the hell does Steph Curry help that?

He's a shooter and the Hawks need one desperately. However, they also need someone at the PG spot that can break down defenses and get in the lane.

Steph Curry NO to the Hawks is a no-brainer IMO

• Premium Member
I don't know. I like Curry. I agree that paired with Joe he could be very good. The problem is that Curry has a slow release. You usually overcome this by setting picks.. Well we don't have any pick setters on our team. Curry would have to master the step back three which I have seen him do. Honestly, NY is a perfect fit for him.

If we were to get 5th, I would want either Teague or Curry. The one intangible about Curry is that his father played in the league and they are close.

Now how long before Dale Ellis Jr. comes out??

Teague is cool and all, but Flynn is next in line as far as who I'd like to see on the Hawks roster after Draft night. There's something about this kid that makes me think he will have an immediate impact in the NBA. Now Teague is good at what he does, and I'd be more than happy to get him at 19. I look at him as sort of a mini Dwyane Wade because of his ability to score in a lot of ways. He's taking a bit of a beating from the stat hounds on ESPN and other sites, but he looks like the type of guy that will inexplicably get it done in the NBA. I think he will look much more like a PG in the NBA than he did in college. I just happen to think Curry and Flynn are on another level as to what they can bring to the Hawks though.

DA just won another European League Championship in Spain with his Barcelona!

He won just about everything, best leagues: Spanish, Italian, Russian, Euroleague! He always played key roles on those teams!

So I just can't understand those doubters who wouldn't want to have a guy like that on our team!!! I mean our bench would immediately get deeper and more experienced... plus I think he could be had for reasonable money (12-15/4)!

Sund is a blind man if he cannot recognize this blessing!

actually defenses were geared to stopping JJ AND HE DID DISAPPEAR..what freaking games was he watching, it was obvious,

The scary part about that is it means he either forgot or is unaware that Joe was worn down. That happens when your coach has you lead the league in mins. Unfortunately look for the same next year as that is our only offensive game plan... Go2Joe448.

Amen to that. We've got a ton of player on the team that need help creating "their shot."

How the hell does Steph Curry help that?

He's a shooter and the Hawks need one desperately. However, they also need someone at the PG spot that can break down defenses and get in the lane.

Steph Curry NO to the Hawks is a no-brainer IMO

I wouldn't call it a "no-brainer." What's the point of having a playmaking PG when he's not going to be afforded the opportunity in our offense? If we're staying with Woody and his offense, Curry would be the best PG we could take in this draft. Not only that, as mentioned before, he has the potential to possibly be an all-star at some point. Not sure if you've noticed but Smoove is our 2nd best scorer. That is not good. Not good at all.