• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks still after Amare?

capstone21

• Admin
I don't think it was indeed a link. Perhaps Cap will post the link tomorrow. Until then.......

Whoops sorry. Looks like Dolfan got it. I wonder what it will cost us to get him. It looks like PHX is on a cost cutting binge.

Whoops sorry. Looks like Dolfan got it. I wonder what it will cost us to get him. It looks like PHX is on a cost cutting binge.

At this point I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up either Al or Smith and I'm sure it would take one of them. He worries me with the knee problems and now the eye issue. I'd hate to trade for the next T-Mac.

• Premium Member

When's the last time Smith got a trade rumor right? Maybe he did, but I sure don't remember it. I'm not even sure, though, that this qualifies as a rumor so much as an assertion that the Hawks won't get any better next season unless they obtain AS.

At this point I'm not sure I'd be willing to give up either Al or Smith and I'm sure it would take one of them. He worries me with the knee problems and now the eye issue. I'd hate to trade for the next T-Mac.

Nene type injury status is what I'm hoping for. Nene was always injury phone till this year. Amare eye problem isn't a career ending one. The knee injury already did it's damage to him so it's arguable.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't want Amare.

However, if it came down to Smoove for Amare, I would want to trade Amare for More:

This is from last week....

An NBA executive told the Boston Globe today that the Minnesota Timberwolves is working a deal with the Phoenix Suns that would send former Celtics forward Al Jefferson and their sixth pick in next week's NBA Draft for All-Star Amare Stoudemire.

If Smoove/Speedy and a future first could get us Amare...

Then Sund needs to persue this second deal for Jefferson/#6.

That would be a win in the offseason... Even if Jefferson is still on crutches.

#6 = Teague.

#19 = any Big left.

This is from last week....

An NBA executive told the Boston Globe today that the Minnesota Timberwolves is working a deal with the Phoenix Suns that would send former Celtics forward Al Jefferson and their sixth pick in next week's NBA Draft for All-Star Amare Stoudemire.

It was also reported that Phoenix is the one who called and asked for Jefferson/#6, and Minny quickly shot that offer down.

Theres no evidence that Minnesota is shopping Jefferson - and why the hell would they trade him for a PF? Especially a PF that isn't as good as Jefferson, and a PG who should be in a wheelchair.

This trade doesn't make much sense. Minnesota needs a real PG and a C.

• Premium Member
If the Wizards can pry Stoudemire away for their 5th pick /Young then they could be players next year with Arenas, Butler, Jameison, and Stoudemire.

The fifth pick isn't that good an there has to be some salary matching.

Maybe Jamison, Young, and the 5th for Stoudamire and Barbosa?

Everyone keeps saying that the Hawks would have to deal Josh Smith in any deal for Amare, but then alot of people keep saying the Hawks aren't going to deal Josh Smith. Why couldn't the Hawks get Amare and still keep Josh Smith? Horford was an undersized center and Amare played Center in the Western Conference (didn't he make 2nd team Center in the WC a few years ago?) Hear me out......

Hawks receive: Stoudamire and Tucker

Suns receive: Marvin Williams (re-signed), Al Horford, and Speedy Claxton

Suns still can either move Shaq or keep him and his albatross contract which will expire at season's end.

Hawks re-sign Flip (no Bibby!), ZaZa, Rio, Othello, and bring over David Anderson and Josh Childress

Draft best PG available @ #19 (Lawson, Douglas, etc...)

Draft best player available in 2nd round

Flip

Johnson

Childress

Smith

Stoudamire

Bench: Evans, #19, ZaZa, Anderson, Tucker, Acie, Rio,2nd rounder, Morris

Nash

JRich

Marvin

Horford

Shaq

Bench: Barbosa, Lopez, Dudley, #14, Dragic, Amundson, Speedy, 2nd Round pick, 2nd round pick.

I think Phoenix's team is still competitive in the West, but have Shaq and Nash coming off the books after the season giving them a ton of financial flexibility along with Marvin, JRich, and Horford which to build around.

Sekou claimed there was no way the Hawks would pursue Amare, but would be interested in Bosh...

The same deal could be offered for Bosh. Amare and Bosch's salary are very close to the same

Marvin, Horf, Speedy, and Morris for Bosh and Humphries

Edited by Dragitoff

Everyone keeps saying that the Hawks would have to deal Josh Smith in any deal for Amare, but then alot of people keep saying the Hawks aren't going to deal Josh Smith. Why couldn't the Hawks get Amare and still keep Josh Smith? Horford was an undersized center and Amare played Center in the Western Conference (didn't he make 2nd team Center in the WC a few years ago?) Hear me out......

Hawks receive: Stoudamire and Tucker

Suns receive: Marvin Williams (re-signed), Al Horford, and Speedy Claxton

Suns still can either move Shaq or keep him and his albatross contract which will expire at season's end.

Hawks re-sign Flip (no Bibby!), ZaZa, Rio, Othello, and bring over David Anderson and Josh Childress

Draft best PG available @ #19 (Lawson, Douglas, etc...)

Draft best player available in 2nd round

Flip

Johnson

Childress

Smith

Stoudamire

Bench: Evans, #19, ZaZa, Anderson, Tucker, Acie, Rio,2nd rounder, Morris

Nash

JRich

Marvin

Horford

Shaq

Bench: Barbosa, Lopez, Dudley, #14, Dragic, Amundson, Speedy, 2nd Round pick, 2nd round pick.

I think Phoenix's team is still competitive in the West, but have Shaq and Nash coming off the books after the season giving them a ton of financial flexibility along with Marvin, JRich, and Horford which to build around.

That's actually pretty good. Childress looks a lot better at SF when you have a serious post scoring option. We're giving up a lot, however, a big risk. Financially this would seem to be sound for the Hawks.