• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks still after Amare?

capstone21

When's the last time Smith got a trade rumor right? Maybe he did, but I sure don't remember it. I'm not even sure, though, that this qualifies as a rumor so much as an assertion that the Hawks won't get any better next season unless they obtain AS.

Very true. And after reading some of Smith's twitter, he has officially gone off the deep end. He was always loony and not a good reporter, but now he has become crazy.

Sekou claimed there was no way the Hawks would pursue Amare, but would be interested in Bosh...

He also claims Smoove to have BYC status until mid-August...

j/k reporting on the CBA is different from reporting rumors, rumors are much easier and there is really no concrete way to call bull.

Very true. And after reading some of Smith's twitter, he has officially gone off the deep end. He was always loony and not a good reporter, but now he has become crazy.

He seems to be on a "black pride" kick based on his twitter page.

That's actually pretty good. Childress looks a lot better at SF when you have a serious post scoring option. We're giving up a lot, however, a big risk. Financially this would seem to be sound for the Hawks.

I thought so too. You'd still have the player versatility that has made us dangerous late in games. Flip can play the 1 or 2. Joe can play the 1, 2, or 3, Chillz and Evans can both play the 2 or 3 and Chillz can even play the 1 in a pinch, Smith can play the 3, 4, or 5 as can Stoudamire. I think the minutes distribution could be easily done as well because of that versatility

Flip 30 minutes

Joe 36 minutes

Chillz 32 minutes

Smith 34 minutes

Stoudamire 34 minutes

ZaZa 20 minutes

Evans 20 minutes

#19 15 minutes

Anderson 12 minutes

Acie/Tucker 5 minutes

Rio 2 minutes (token PT at the end of the 1st half) :zipper:

The one thing about getting another LEGIT go to scorer to go along with Joe is MAYBE it will give Woody the confidence to rest Joe a little.

Edited by Dragitoff

I thought so too. You'd still have the player versatility that has made us dangerous late in games. Flip can play the 1 or 2. Joe can play the 1, 2, or 3, Chillz and Evans can both play the 2 or 3 and Chillz can even play the 1 in a pinch, Smith can play the 3, 4, or 5 as can Stoudamire. I think the minutes distribution could be easily done as well because of that versatility

Flip 30 minutes

Joe 36 minutes

Chillz 32 minutes

Smith 34 minutes

Stoudamire 34 minutes

ZaZa 20 minutes

Evans 20 minutes

#19 15 minutes

Anderson 12 minutes

Acie/Tucker 5 minutes

The one thing about getting another LEGIT go to scorer to go along with Joe is MAYBE it will give Woody the confidence to rest Joe a little.

We might possibly be the worst perimeter shooting team in the league with that lineup. No way can we lose both Bibby and Marvin and expect to compete next year without bringing back comparable shooters.

• Premium Member
We might possibly be the worst perimeter shooting team in the league with that lineup. No way can we lose both Bibby and Marvin and expect to compete next year without bringing back comparable shooters.

don't forget the Hawks still have Acie Law. I would expect a 3rd year player with Acie's ability to be able to knock down at least 40-45% of his jumpers.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Flip 30 minutes

Joe 36 minutes

Chillz 32 minutes

Smith 34 minutes

Stoudamire 34 minutes

ZaZa 20 minutes

Evans 20 minutes

#19 15 minutes

Anderson 12 minutes

Acie/Tucker 5 minutes

Forgetting someone? Why would you play Smith over Horford?

Forgetting someone? Why would you play Smith over Horford?

Horford got traded in this scenario. Only thing I don't like is Flip at the point. I would rather go Bibby, no doubt. If we're bringing over Childress and DA (in this hypothetical), it might be tough to afford Bibby though.

While Flip is streaky, I think we'd have enough outside shooting with Joe, Flip, Mo, DA, Chillz (if wide open), our #19 pick, and even Acie. Even with the addition of Kapono, Philly will probably still be the worst perimeter shooting team in the league. lol.

The difference is we'd have a guy in Amare who can finish around the basket without being a TO machine or thinking he's a 3pt. threat as well as Chillz who is great at picking up garbage points around the basket.

Edited by Dragitoff

Everyone keeps saying that the Hawks would have to deal Josh Smith in any deal for Amare, but then alot of people keep saying the Hawks aren't going to deal Josh Smith. Why couldn't the Hawks get Amare and still keep Josh Smith? Horford was an undersized center and Amare played Center in the Western Conference (didn't he make 2nd team Center in the WC a few years ago?) Hear me out......

Hawks receive: Stoudamire and Tucker

Suns receive: Marvin Williams (re-signed), Al Horford, and Speedy Claxton

Suns still can either move Shaq or keep him and his albatross contract which will expire at season's end.

Hawks re-sign Flip (no Bibby!), ZaZa, Rio, Othello, and bring over David Anderson and Josh Childress

Draft best PG available @ #19 (Lawson, Douglas, etc...)

Draft best player available in 2nd round

Flip

Johnson

Childress

Smith

Stoudamire

Bench: Evans, #19, ZaZa, Anderson, Tucker, Acie, Rio,2nd rounder, Morris

Nash

JRich

Marvin

Horford

Shaq

Bench: Barbosa, Lopez, Dudley, #14, Dragic, Amundson, Speedy, 2nd Round pick, 2nd round pick.

I think Phoenix's team is still competitive in the West, but have Shaq and Nash coming off the books after the season giving them a ton of financial flexibility along with Marvin, JRich, and Horford which to build around.

I think I would become a Suns fan. Their roster is much better than ours.