• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Report: Celtics Offered Pistons Mega Deal

The Celtics reportedly offered Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen to the Pistons for Rodney Stuckey, Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince.

League sources told Yahoo! Sports of the deal, which reportedly never made it past lower level executives as Detroit rejected the offer immediately.

The offer was made this past weekend.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtjI...o&type=lgns

The Celtics reportedly offered Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen to the Pistons for Rodney Stuckey, Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince.

League sources told Yahoo! Sports of the deal, which reportedly never made it past lower level executives as Detroit rejected the offer immediately.

The offer was made this past weekend.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtjI...o&type=lgns

dang....kinda makes you rethink how much our players are really worth?!?!?

• Premium Member

I don't really understand why Boston would've done it. Rip is a downgrade for Boston IMO and doesn't fit as well as Ray would. Plus Stuckey is ridiculously overrated and they don't have any use for Prince other than a backup. I don't see why they'd give up Rondo for that.

I don't really understand why Boston would've done it. Rip is a downgrade for Boston IMO and doesn't fit as well as Ray would. Plus Stuckey is ridiculously overrated and they don't have any use for Prince other than a backup. I don't see why they'd give up Rondo for that.

Because Boston needs depth and size more than anything as well as a need to get younger. Allen really has been a bit of a dissapointment with them operating as the 3rd option. He hit so many slumps in his 2 years there that Rip would be a comparable shooter who offers more height at 6'7" and is slightly younger. Stuckey is still a serviceable PG and is 6'5" that offers the same penetrating that Rondo does just without his defense. They've had no one to play SF behind Pierce with any size since Posey left and have actually plugged in the 6'4" Tony Allen at that position so Prince is above and away an upgrade at that position. Add in that Pierce will be a free agent next year so Prince gives them flexibility.

The trade would have rearmed the Celtics for another championship run and given Detroit tremendous amount of cap to buy anyone. Main reason I see Detroit not accepting it is that it would mean they are in full rebuilding mode and Dumars would have to swallow the pill of touting Rodney Stuckey as the future after he traded Billups.