• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Sund: Draft Isn't As Helpful To Playoff Clubs

GameTime

They come up because they are part of the problem, not the solution.

I don't mind discussing our problems but when there is a post about player x and there are 10 replies about "well Woody wouldn't play him anyway because he's the anti-christ" it gets a bit annoying.

• Moderators
well a rookie would have had no problem getting into our rotation this playoffs since we were injured so much.....we also see how many rookies out there do actually contribute quite a bit to playoffs teams

That is my thought as well. Role players like Big Baby, Powe, etc. can be quickly important and late picks like Kendrick Perkins can develop into key starters (to use Boston as an example).

Dang. I wonder how many teams would kill to have the Hawks' "problems..."

A 47-win team despite one of the youngest rosters in the NBA...

If the goals of the team are to be young and to finish in the middle of the pack, then yes, the teams problems are negligible. If the teams goal is to win a championship then Woody has to go (along with a bunch of other changes). Simple as that.

• Premium Member
If the goals of the team are to be young and to finish in the middle of the pack, then yes, the teams problems are negligible. If the teams goal is to win a championship then Woody has to go (along with a bunch of other changes). Simple as that.

Your scarecrow needs some more hay.

http://www.82games.com/barzilai1.htm

^^^You guys really need to read this article.

82games.com found the median player value at the #19 is...

...Sasha Pavlovic.

You know, the guy who had a hard time cracking the 8-man rotation of a playoff team...

• Premium Member

Nah. I changed my mind.

I'll go ahead and respond to your sweeping overgeneralization with my own:

Some of you wouldn't be happy with this team if it won the NBA championship if they didn't do things exactly the way you envision them. (You proven NBA expert, you).

Nah. I changed my mind.

I'll go ahead and respond to your sweeping overgeneralization with my own:

Some of you wouldn't be happy with this team if it won the NBA championship if they didn't do things exactly the way you envision them. (You proven NBA expert, you).

Personally, I would like to see this team succeed as best it can. Where there are impediments to reaching its potential, I think those impediements should be removed. Put that is my opinion and I am no NBA expert nor to I believe in sweeping overgeneralizations.

• Moderators
Your scarecrow needs some more hay.

http://www.82games.com/barzilai1.htm

^^^You guys really need to read this article.

82games.com found the median player value at the #19 is...

...Sasha Pavlovic.

You know, the guy who had a hard time cracking the 8-man rotation of a playoff team...

We should trade since the median players at other picks are better based on career PER -

Trade down to 21 because Boris Diaw is a median player at 21

Trade up to 18 because David West is a median player at 18

Trade down to 23 because Devean George is a median player and was a heavily used reserve for multiple championship teams

etc.

Seriously, I do think that is an interesting analysis but you can't get into locking in on 19 when you get a much better idea of what you can expect by looking at 17-21.

We should trade since the median players at other picks are better based on career PER -

Trade down to 21 because Boris Diaw is a median player at 21

Trade up to 18 because David West is a median player at 18

Trade down to 23 because Devean George is a median player and was a heavily used reserve for multiple championship teams

etc.

Seriously, I do think that is an interesting analysis but you can't get into locking in on 19 when you get a much better idea of what you can expect by looking at 17-21.

Certainly a valid point there. I absolutely think that we can find value at the 19th pick and we shouldn't be concerned about the 8th roster spot for this year with this pick. This should be the 9th or 10th guy with potential to be a top 6 guy in a couple of years, but we HAVE to go deeper into our bench at least during the regular season and make sure that we have enough depth to cover for injuries in the playoffs.

At this point it's not as simple as that. Woody has improved this team every year in the regular season and so far both years in the playoffs. Until we plateau or regress I'm not willing to say with certainty that we can't win a championship with Woody, especially not after Boston won with Rivers. We showed that we can beat anyone in the league last year but we need more depth, a little more seasoning (players and coaches) and again until we stop improving I'm not willing to write off Woody or any of these young players.