• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wizards Get Foye And Miller For 5th Pick

DJKadafi

The Washington Wizards have acquired Minnesota Timberwolves Randy Foye and Mike Miller in exchange for Etan Thomas, Oleksiy Pecherov and Darius Songaila and the fifth overall pick in Thursday’s NBA draft, a league executive with knowledge of the deal told Yahoo! Sports.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/600...r_for_5th_pick/

Great Move WOLVES!!

WTF IS GOING RICK SUND!! MAKE A MOVE!!!

Wow....I just saw this as well......I think Minny did well on this but the Wiz also just because they got deeper now and they are in our division. Crap. Minny will probably walk away with Tyreke and Curry...wow..just wow :no-no:

It's a great move by the Wolves for 3 reasons:

- they get the #5 pick

- the acquire 3 expiring contracts, to give themselves more cap room next summer

- they get rid of Foye, whom they would've had to pay after this year

This is one of the teams that I said may make a play for JJ in 2010. I knew they wouldn't pick up the option on Shelden. They probably won't pick up the option on Carney and/or Brewer ( if not this year, definitely next year )

They have Jefferson and Love on the frontline. They could potentially add 2 guards in the draft. So all they would need is another big guard or a wing. That's JJ folks.

The Hawks need to re-sign JJ before the summer ends. Show that man the money. Because some of these other teams have begun to move their chess pieces around, to make a real monetary impression in 2010.

The price to sign JJ WILL NOT BE CHEAP!!!

• Premium Member

Yeah, I'm not getting this for Washington.

Foye can be good (inconsistent), but how's he going to play next to Arenas? And when will Miller ever touch the ball?

They basically dumped the #5 for a player that is a poor man's Arenas. Seems short-sighted to me.

It makes sense for the Wizards in that it clears up their frontcourt for their young guys Blatche and Mcgee, gives them more 3 point shooting and an *ss load of depth at their wing positions where they tend to average 60 or below games a season. I don't know but I feel Miller will start at 2guard even though he's better suited at the 3 but I have zero idea whats going to happen to Young, Deshawn and Mcguirre. They might get moved with James expiring maybe?

Edited by MaCeCase

Washington is going to be small and soft as hell in the front court. It just a rather pointless move for Washington. They are trying their best to make one last run with this current roster. Sure they will make the playoffs. Its not going to put them over.

I like it for the T'Wolves. Foye wasn't developing into anything special and Miller is likely to walk after this season. I believe it will be his last year. They are young and get some cap relief. I don't see Minny giving up two top 6 picks just to get Rubio. Rubio has no one to pass the ball to. Brewer can't hit a shot to save the world.

t'wolves now have the numbers 5, 6, 18 and 28 picks. wtf? they must be planning on packaging a couple to move up to get rubio. this draft isn't the greatest one in recent memory, and i applaud them for their gumption, but i'd rather have multiple picks in next years draft.

draft picks can be such a gamble, and this year's seems ripe with average starters to bench players that i don't see getting overly excited about three or four players scattered across the first round.

Foye can turn out to be a player.

16 points and 4 assists isn't too shabby.

That's always been the thing with Foye, I mean let's not forget that Foye was so highly regarded that the Timberwolves traded Brandon Roy for him.....

The guy is just maddeningly inconsistent. He can take over a game one moment hitting jumpers from everywhere, driving to the hole, finishing with authority and then the next moment fumble the ball out of bounds just bringing it up the court. He had his moments to shine in Minny but just couldn't string them together, change of scenery might help him and he could maybe become a bit of a Gil Jr.

• Premium Member
It makes sense for the Wizards in that it clears up their frontcourt for their young guys Blatche and Mcgee, gives them more 3 point shooting and an *ss load of depth at their wing positions where they tend to average 60 or below games a season. I don't know but I feel Miller will start at 2guard even though he's better suited at the 3 but I have zero idea whats going to happen to Young, Deshawn and Mcguirre. They might get moved with James expiring maybe?

I think Washington has another move on the way. They got rid of Thomas' contract. I think next, they move Deshawn. They have to make some cap clearing moves.

Can anybody say:

Speedy/2nd for Blatche/Deshawn?

I think Washington has another move on the way. They got rid of Thomas' contract. I think next, they move Deshawn. They have to make some cap clearing moves.

Can anybody say:

Speedy/2nd for Blatche/Deshawn?

That wouldn't work out for them. They are dangerously thin in the frontcourt now with only Haywood, Jamison, McGee, Blatche and some spot duty by McGuirre. If anything they would probably try to flip any of Foye/Miller/Deshawn/Young/Critt with Mike James expiring to try and get an impact big. Amar'e may still be in play for them.

• Premium Member
That wouldn't work out for them. They are dangerously thin in the frontcourt now with only Haywood, Jamison, McGee, Blatche and some spot duty by McGuirre. If anything they would probably try to flip any of Foye/Miller/Deshawn/Young/Critt with Mike James expiring to try and get an impact big. Amar'e may still be in play for them.

The general feel is that Blatche is a disappointment. They love McGee and will probably let him and Jamison run the C position. They would need a BU PF or maybe 2... however, those are easy to find for cheap. Can you say Solomon Jones... The key is that with Miller now on the books, why keep Stevenson. If Foye is their starting PG, then Agent 0 comes back as an OG... Miller backs up the SG and Sf position. That's really spot duty. So Stevenson's contract is no longer neccessary. Moreover, There's Nick Young who it seem like they liked. Reading on the Wiz, it seemed like their future lied with Young and McGee eventually working themselves into the starting lineup. Unless they have given up on that and are going to go after Amare, I don't see the benefit of staying this far over the cap for them.

Wizards got a great deal !

They should be challenging for home court in the East for the 1st round of the playoffs.

I like the move for the Wizards as well. This is a week draft and the 5th pick is a total crapshoot. Foye can play at least a little. He isn't a point guard so I can see why the Wolves want to go in a different direction but Foye may work in a backcourt with Arenas.